ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gameshark Hell!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E3Esxt02
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Gameshark Hell! Reply with quote Back to top

well i recently started playing 007 and got hooked again....found goldeneyeforever.com and couldn't believe people were still working on this game and making developements....so i right away jumped on ebay and got a gameshark 3.3version....

well the bitch of it is i got it today...worked fine for awhile....then i hopped over on goldeneyeforever to read how to hook it up to the computer...and then i read i need a working led in my game shark...of course mine isn't working...so that sucks

and now since i started entering in codes manually the damn thing crashes right away everytime...usually take about 30 seconds sometimes less and it crashes...

basically what i'm asking is, is there anything i can do to fix the led or fix the crashing or basically am i screwed and have to buy another gameshark?

does anyone on here have a back up gameshark or one they don't use that fully works and works with a pc that wants to sell it i will buy it...

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well the PC hookup is practically impossible and probably not worth the effort anyway. You can try cleaning the connectors with rubbing alcohol but otherwise they are just buggy things. Try emulation though. Look at the main page and some posts to plug a N64 controller into the computer and emulate with stunning graphics.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
E3Esxt02
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well i want the copy paste for all the levels like facility backzone and caverns front zone ect ect...it would take wayyyyyyy to long to enter in all those codes...and plus my gameshark is a piece of crap even though it's brand new and i opened it today...but as soon as i turn it on or try to enter in a code it freezes...

ire ally don't know what a emulater is or whatever....i thought you would have to have the nintendo hooked up to the puter to play it though?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

always buy the ones with a VIDEO or get version 3.2!! I've had much better luck with amazon.com. the damn thing won't even let you enter codes?!! that sounds typical of the buy out versions that company did when they bought them out. they actually removed the parallel port. don't worry, there are some hackers that will figure out a way to completely reprogram the ROM to play CUSTOM levels on your PC. sharks are insufficient anyway and limit how much you can do anyway. check this out:

http://codelegends.proboards55.com/index.cgi?board=goldeneye

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have N64 Gameshark Pro v3.3! Very Happy

E3Esxt02
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have entered some codes....it seems it got really jewed up after i entered in exotics and it didn't even work...and then i erased it but it's still f'd...i'm gonna try to find a 3.2 version and maybe i'll have better luck with that...

E3Esxt02
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well i emailed the guy i got it off ebay....he said he's send me a new one for free and i can keep my old one and not have to send it back....whether or not they actually do it will probably be another story haha

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try liksang.com for a new gameshark. I emailed twice to verify their policy and understanding of the non working led and ports. They assured me theirs are okay, but cover you ass on it. Make sure you can return it. Somebody told me they had a bogus one from liksang, but I can't confirm that. I could post the letters and replies from them about working led's and ports. They are a big company and returns shouldn't be a hassle.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clean it well and it usually won't give you too many troubles. I live in a rather moist climate, but neither of my GS's give me that much trouble. They can be finicky after uploading codes, since there are some weird limiting factors.

1: no code can have more than 127 codes lised in it. Number 128 will autoselect the code list and, unfortuantely, only list the first #-128.

2: You can't have on more than 250 codes total. techinically the limit shoudl be 255, but only 250 can be guaranteed concidering the space provided for the list.

3: if the code list you upload had codes selected in it or the codes happen to differ in some degree it might not recognise the code was deselected. The thing used to check if they are selected is different in the menus than in the actual list. It's worth checking, since 9-10 times codes remaining on cause terrible troubles.

E3Esxt02
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no.....it's not just with the codes....as soon as it's turned on within 10 seconds it freezes...don't matter i'm gettin a new one for free....i keep messing with it deleting games and codes i'm never gonna use to try to free up some space on it to see if that helps...maybe i'll have two working game sharks down the road taht'd be cool

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well if major prombles occur buy a new one(I should know I wne throuhg 4 of them)..The Lower Versions o Gameshark PRO are crap they don't work that well.The orignal gamnesahreks last longer

baby (sorry just wanted to do that)

b'aby

E3Esxt02
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have 3.3 isn't that the newest version?

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, It is the newest version. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cleaning it is very important, but that doesn't sound as though it's going to help you with the problems your experiencing. When you start up the device, go into the options and disable the sounds and scrolling background. Turn it off and let it sit for about ten seconds. When you restart it, try entering in your codes. Whatever game files you don't need, delete to save space. I can't say whether or not this will solve anything, but it's worth a shot. These things can be a big pain.

E3Esxt02
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yea i already did the options thing...i'm gonna go through and delete everything that i don't need to see if that helps....the person i bought it off ebay claims they are sending me another one for free...but i doubt it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: