ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The hardest mode in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: The hardest mode in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark? Reply with quote Back to top

Just out of interest, what's the hardest mode in, or rather, the hardest combination of modes in Goldeneye and PD? Not that anyone (least of all me) would want to try this, but if someone were superhumanly good at the games, and wanted the hardest, but technically possible to complete, single player game mode in these two games, what would those modes be?

I'd imagine it's

Goldeneye:

- 007 Mode,
- All enemies' attributes set to maximum,
- Maybe Enemy Rocket cheat (the latter depending on the level you're playing in).

- To make it even more impossible, play using only the single KLOBB with infinite ammunition!

Perfect Dark:

- Perfect Dark mode,
- Enemy Shields,
- Maybe Enemy Rocket cheat (the latter depending on the level you're playing in).

- To make it even more impossible, play using only the Magsec in primary mode, with infinite ammunition! The Falcon 2 is slightly weaker, so might seem a better gun to use for this (impossible!) challenge, but the Magsec's weaker accuracy (when compared to the Falcon 2) is a bigger difference than the difference in damage of the two guns, I think. The Cyclone is weaker than either of them per bullet, but shoots so fast that it's weaker damage per bullet is totally negated.

Of course, you can use a specific weapon where necessary, such as the sniper rifle to kill off the snipers in PD's Carrington Villa level (otherwise you can't complete the game).

You could refuse to pick up any bod armour/shields, to further enhance the difficulty of such a playthrough. Maybe even specify that you must kill every enemy in a level, or else completion of that level doesn't count. If the games had a "Headshot only" cheat, where only a shot to the head killed an enemy, then you could use that, but of course it doesn't exist (sadly, as such a cheat could help improve your accuracy).

You could say use fists instead of a gun, but that's going too far with the difficulty - it would be almost as bad as saying that you have to use a broken joypad, or play with the television turned off!

So what is the most difficult set of settings to use in PD and GE?

Rey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well considering I did both PD and GE enemy rockets I started playing around with the fast animation cheat along with enemy rockets. It's ridiculous! I managed as of now to complete Dam on enemy rockets with the fast animation cheat. I am also trying my hand on DLTK for GE and PD. So far only managed Facility and Frigate. Also tiny Bond with enemy rockets is tough cause you can barely run from an explosion since there twice your size.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
Well considering I did both PD and GE enemy rockets I started playing around with the fast animation cheat along with enemy rockets. It's ridiculous! I managed as of now to complete Dam on enemy rockets with the fast animation cheat.

I admire your courage, but not your (in)sanity!

Quote:

I am also trying my hand on DLTK for GE and PD. So far only managed Facility and Frigate. Also tiny Bond with enemy rockets is tough cause you can barely run from an explosion since there twice your size.
Wink

I hadn't thought of the tiny Bond/Joanna modes, you're right, the Rocket cheat mixed with the Tiny cheat would make for a real nightmare.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still say Fast Animation on Cradle is one of the craziest experiences you'll have in GoldenEye. The spawning guards zip around the structure so fast, you'll think there's more of them loaded in at one time than there really are. Beating that on 00 Agent was a celebration. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: