ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Character Heights (formerly Nat vs. Nat)...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Character Heights (formerly Nat vs. Nat)... Reply with quote Back to top

I was working on a custom character list for my next map pack update, and noticed this...

What the hell happened to jungle fatigues Natalya? Did all of the excitement she went through prior to their trip to Cuba make her shrink? Was the explosion on the train a closer call than we thought? This picture doesn't even do the size difference justice, honestly. She seems even smaller when playing. I wonder how the heck her second character model got so short?...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's really funny, I never noticed that before. I thought only one natalya was normal in multi? Try doing it in solo to be sure you didn't just pick another character. I thought height was tied to character.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to take a look into this to see why she appears smaller in her jungle fatigues form. My first guess was her model scales, and I was right. Apparently, it was set to "3F733333" or "0.950000" converted. I changed it to "3F800000" or "1.0" converted and tested it out....

Voila! Now they both appear to be the same height. Which is a lot better than the Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger "Twins" that were displayed earlier. Razz

I wonder why one was made to be smaller, though?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ROFLMAO...

I had a feeling! Hehe, no wonder they brought her scale down. She's just a little tall for 007 at her new size. He doesn't seem to mind, though. He must like having a woman make-out with his forehead.

Hmm, I wonder if 'everything' got bigger? Very Happy

I'm suddenly reminded of the Rob Schneider movies... "That's a huge bitch!" Razz

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha that's a hilarious find. I wonder why Rare did this, because I did some research:
Pierce Brosnan is of 6' 1½"
Izabella Dorota Scorupco is 5' 8"

I would think they maybe just had everyone's height at 1.0, then realized the kiss scene at the end which you found hehe, and turned her down a notch. Maybe forgot about the other natalya? Really cool find, but bizarre.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hahahahahaa!

GREAT FOUND, GREAT FOUND, NICE!

Never realized this, actually Natalya looked more "masculine/muscular" in Jungle, but yeah, I always thought that this was because her new garment.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, this isn't a police line-up, heh.
It's the main cast of GoldenEye all standing side-by-side in Caves...
(*note: Ourumov is a little further back, because he swatted at flies)

Actual heights of actors (according to the IMDB website):
Brosnan, Bond: 6' 1½" (1.87 m)
Scorupco, Natalya: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
Bean, Trevelyan: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
Janssen, Xenia: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
John, Ourumov: Unknown (over 6' 0") Guessing 6' 2"
Cumming, Boris: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
Coltrane, Valentin: 6' 1" (1.85 m)
Karyo, Mishkin: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

Jones, May Day: 5' 10½" (1.79 m)
Kiel, Jaws: 7' 2" (2.18 m)
Sakata, Oddjob: 5' 8" (1.73 m)
Holder, Samedi: 6' 6" (1.98 m)

As you can see, most of the characters fall in-line quite well. However, Boris is a little shorter than his real-life size. Also, Valentin, who is actually over six feet tall, seems to be around 5' 8½" in the game. Why they decided to make a guy as tall as Bond so much shorter, I don't know. But the rest of the main cast is pretty accurate.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed the difference between the two Natalyas back when I was making my all characters in multi patch and was trying to give everyone accurate heights.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember when you were working on that before, for the Multiplayer Enhancement ROM. I'm guessing you've put that project on hold while you're back on the Final Fantasy mod? There was some good stuff happening with it, from our online tests.

Here's a shot of all five of the Bond character models together...

Looks as though they're all pretty much the same height, with exception to tuxedo Bond's slick hairdo adding an extra half-inch of style. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Decided to do two more comparisons...

Obviously, you can see the difference in size between the Natalya models, but Trevelyan appears to be the same height in both forms.

These are the guest stars. Quite the group, don't you think? Jaws is pretty accurate to his respected actors' real height, towering over the other players. May Day, on the other hand, looks a little tall. This may have been done to help her seem more intimidating. Oddjob and Baron Samedi are both shorter than they should be. The top of Samedi's head ends at about eye-level with May Day and Bond. And Oddjob, well. Harold Sakata was 5'8", but his representation in the game is more like 5'0" or smaller.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

more of these, and to the PD too Laughing

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
more of these, and to the PD too Laughing

Don't PD's guards all have different heights, even ones using the same model? I never took much notice to it but I remember seeing a screenshot of two dataDyne Troopers, one was shorter than the other. Pretty sure it was on Detstar, but the PD site never made a comeback so I can't check.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Don't PD's guards all have different heights, even ones using the same model? I never took much notice to it but I remember seeing a screenshot of two dataDyne Troopers, one was shorter than the other. Pretty sure it was on Detstar, but the PD site never made a comeback so I can't check.

It's on the Web Archive!:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030803121743/perfectdark.detstar.com/stuff/stuff.asp

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the character size can be set in the object block itself in PD, but I'm not totally certain. It could randomly set each characters scale, though that seems doubted. The main 'stars' are always the same size, so maybe it only effects specific models? I'm still leaning towards how they are setup in the object block.

It'd be harder to judge the characters from PD, as the way I lined these ones up was using the Visual Editor and Edit Presets. I'd just copy and paste the person, change their object models, then adjust their coordinates. That put them in a perfect line-up, side-by-side.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD the guards have different heights because it actually reads the size value, I think. GE ignores it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: