ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

My GE Collection: Updated...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: My GE Collection: Updated... Reply with quote Back to top

Updated collection pics!

That time again? Yep, more pictures!

Carts...

Boxes...

Collection...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I've built up my collection quite a bit since this thread was first made, so I figured it was about time to add pics of where it is at now. Note that there is some reflection on the protective plastic cases some items are in.

Boxes...

Region Carts...

Japanese SM64 Case w/ GE...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Been wanting to post a pic of my GE collection for a little while, and finally got a better camera to do so with. My recent attempts with my Nintendo 3DSXL resulted in small, dark, pixelated images. Now that I have a Canon Rebel T2i, it puts out much nicer (and much larger) photos.

And this may be my favourite piece of my collection...

The Japanese artwork is just so cool looking. Smile

Feel free to share your GoldenEye collection!

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is a nice collection! Nice bowtie touch.

The thing I've always wanted but I think maybe only one was made? Was:

thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tell me your exact address again Wreck?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As you can see, I really go all out.

I must have had the tape many moons ago too... long gone by now.[/img]

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same here AC67 Sad

When did N64 hit the shelves, '96 ? I was a wee seven years old and was so stupid to not hold onto any boxes inserts nothing

Full package today ? A fortune

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4262766/android/GE_cart.jpg

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Growing up, we didn't care about the box's as the N64 was still 'the thing' to have, and obviously we thought they were never going to be rare so the majority of them were tossed. God, only if I had my PD box... I could scan for higher res beta pics. Some are actually relatively cheap on Ebay, I'll have to pick one up some time.

The only (cropped) pic I have from Christmas '04, verifying it's existence (It's been gone for years now though.. Probably because we've moved a couple houses since.)

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Japanese box is cool, but the others are only a small step down. What I really prefer is the Japanese cart label.

That's seriously the cover art they gave the Bluray copy of GoldenEye? Rolling Eyes

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still need to get an actual Players Choice NTSC cartridge, as it's missing from the box. There's also the normal PAL release I have to add. I'd also try to get both the Australian and Brazilian versions, but they are tougher to find and can be a bit on the pricey side. Most Brazilian copies are sold straight from that area, and the sellers may only know Portuguese. One day...

As far as I know, the GE Blu-Ray is a Wal-Mart exclusive. I have no idea why, seeing as the rest of them are available elsewhere.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Players Choice cart with the logo on the label seems to be rarer than the one without. There are several boxed copies on eBay right now, and none of them show a logo on the cart, so not every Players Choice copy had it. (There are a couple loose carts with the logo on there now, though.)

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: My GoldenEye Collection... Reply with quote Back to top

SO WRECK: When you first started collecting did you have any idea the game would be that good and become a cult phenomenon the way it has?

Shocked HOLY COW Bro You are a true goldeneye fan Very impressive set of RELICS you got there Cool

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice! And I thought a mint in box was good to have! Lol. I always wanted the watch however...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I didn't really start truly collecting until maybe a year ago. My collection grew pretty rapidly from there. I mainly had the original NTSC boxed game, Nintendo Power magazine, and the Nintendo Power poster. I went on an eBay binge over a couple months, buying not only GE stuff, but also a PAL boxed copy of PD. Lucky me, I was given the NTSC Players Choice with inserts for free. Now I just need to get the cartridge for it. I could really use another normal version, too. Mine is a little worse for wear.

I used to be really anal about having everything in super-mint condition, but for some strange reason, I like this stuff to look gently used. It makes it feel like it has more history or something. I'm not looking to resell, either. That probably lowers my standards a little more. If it was something I was buying as an investment to sell off in the future, I'd be more concerned with condition.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: ahhhhh goldeneye truly belongs Reply with quote Back to top

in a museum ;D That's why I named my mod LEGEND because it redefined GAMEPLAY for all other FPS shooters.

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: My GoldenEye Collection... Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Been wanting to post a pic of my GE collection for a little while, and finally got a better camera to do so with. My recent attempts with my Nintendo 3DSXL resulted in small, dark, pixelated images. Now that I have a Canon Rebel T2i, it puts out much nicer (and much larger) photos.

And this may be my favourite piece of my collection...

The Japanese artwork is just so cool looking. Smile

Feel free to share your GoldenEye collection!

Damn dude, that is very impressive. Where in Ontario are you from? I want to see this stuff in person, lol. All I have collected from GE is the instruction manual, the unofficial strategy guide and the DVD.

nrswy18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL wow this is pretty sick. brings back so many memories. theres no other console better than n64 Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: