ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Rare speaks and says basically nothing (who cares anymore?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is all good thinking rare will make more Classics. But really........WHERE THE HELL IS SHENMUE 3 Exclamation Question People like me been waiting for ever.
(Sorry for the huge off topic statement)

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shenmue 3 is another great game that is burried in history. Sad

But about this one, I think it's a good thing maybe. It was sooooo epic in everyway. It seem after that, the story included quite a lot of magic things, while 1&2 were focused on very realistic aspects. The story was designed to start slowly. And damn, it is great. Such a beautiful start for an adventure game.

About GE/PD and FPS in general. What I always think is sad, is that most of FPS, I do not care to play levels again. Once it's done, it's done. I don't want to explore levels or play again just for fun. GE/PD managed to get that just right.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Totally agree about not wanting to replay levels in a lot of FPS games. Between them being either repetitive or boring, and it almost feeling like a chore just getting from start to finish, they leave little reason to go back and explore. Well, whatever there is to "explore". Some random alleyways and a lot of locked doors. I could sit and draw out probably every GE level from memory, but most other games just aren't worth the effort.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know they renewed the copyright on Battletoads. What they intend to do with it is a good question.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Battletoads was a classic, probably one of the best 8-bit games ever made IMO - it was one of very few games that had so much variety throughout from start to finish and execution was near flawless. I'd be afraid a remake would not do justice to the original.

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of RC Pro Am. The sequel (RC Pro Am II) on the NES was one of the best racing games for the system but it came out late in the NES's life and not many people ever played it.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I think with a bit of Batman Arkham inspired gameplay and a few other tasteful modern twists a honorary sequel to Battle Toads would play really nice - think of how the remake to Punch Out went - that was a really nice game!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The majority of my N64 games were made by Rare, and they're all fantastic.

My favourite ever console is the N64, if I could only have one console then it would be the N64, and that's mainly because of Rare. There are first class games by other companies on the console too (Duke Nukem: Zero Hour, Super Smash Bros., Super Mario 64, etc), but it's mainly Goldeneye, Perfect Dark (my favourite game ever), and the multiplayer modes of Conker's Bad Fur Day that make the N64 my favourite console. If Rare didn't exist, then I probably wouldn't have bought an N64, and my favourite console would then be my current second favourite, the original XBox.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: