ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New N64 controllers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: New N64 controllers Reply with quote Back to top

So recently I've been seeing the release of quite a few aftermarket controllers and they all have the same speil of turbo, slow motion, rapid fire and auto fire.

What I'd like to know is: what the hell is turbo and slow motion? Does it relate to the input sensitivity? It'd be awesome if it did slow down the game as frankly it'd be a definitive edge but I can't see that working.

Rapid fire: how the hell does that work? I know how games work, and a great many of them will have limits on how quickly you can fire. I can't think of any that don't.

And yeah, auto fire might be handy lol

So apart from working towards a perfect agent score in PD what are the use of those extra functions if anyone knows what they do?

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Turbo and Auto Fire are basically the same thing.
They simulate repeatedly pressing a button so you don't have to wear your fingers or thumbs doing it.

Hell if I know what Slow Motion does.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the day slowmo usually meant it strobed the start button.

PD's only limit on pistol fire is current framerate. You can fire much, much faster in solo than multi. For automatic fire weapons though it would probably slow you down.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
Turbo and Auto Fire are basically the same thing.
They simulate repeatedly pressing a button so you don't have to wear your fingers or thumbs doing it.

Hell if I know what Slow Motion does.

I had a controller (not sure if it was for the N64) that had a button marked "Slow Motion", and what it did was repeatedly press the START button, so that the game kept on playing in slow motion (sort of...) because the start menu of the game kept on appearing and disappearing. It wasn't a great feature, as you can imagine, and would only work on games that paused when the START button was paused.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wondered if that'd be the case Smile

Thanks for the info guys!

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, slo-mo is turbo start basically. Works nice on older games, where there is no menu, otherwise its useless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: