ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

007 Mode & Other Challenges
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: 007 Mode & Other Challenges Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if that has ever been sorted out before. You know how in 007 mode you can adjust the various settings of enemies for the mission? Well, do we know what the default settings for each difficulty would be? If it's possible to determine the values for each setting, we could create a real "007" difficulty - by figuring out how much they increment between Agent, Secret Agent and 00 Agent, and applying that amount to the hardest difficulty. It could be a great way for people who've conquered the game already to give it one more attempt. The ultimate challenge, without absolutely crazy one-hit kills and near invincible guards.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well. I can't say but the easiest setting to deal with is enemy health. You know something's wrong when you need 2 headshots to kill a basic enemy. But that's only about 00 Agent. I don't even know how it is set for lower difficulty.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There might be something more to this. I think the default settings (100%, 100%, 10%, 0%) are just that - defaults. While in 007 mode, you're basically playing on 00 Agent, but can tweak enemy aspects. I'm guessing the statistics of guards per difficulty level is determined somewhere else. There might even be something in the generic Action Blocks stored in the 21990 index file. Some characters have special Action Blocks for them in missions, though I don't think they sort out details based on what difficulty you're playing on.

Anyways, I've tried these new settings (150%, 150%, 15%, 0%) to make it 50% more difficult. Completed 10 levels so far this way. Some will be a major pain. Those AR33's in Jungle and Aztec are going to be killers.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You confirm that 007 defaults are exactly the settings for 00 agent ?
I was always confident it was the case.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't physically confirmed it, but the default settings for 007 mode seem to play no differently from regular 00 Agent. And I imagine, if you could somehow, play on Agent with those same settings, it would make the enemies no different from a normal Agent game. I would assume their health, accuracy and damage dealt is setup somewhere else. These 007 settings must just modify those values.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually determined this a few years ago. There aim is in fact 10 on 00 agent, and the It's always 0 for reaction speed if a normal enemy and not a spawning guard or elite guard of some kind. Health I can not remember to well and Damage Samething. I will have to look again.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a feeling that 007 Mode is simply the 00 Agent difficulty, but with the ability to allow players to tweak different aspects of the guard AI. If you could force 007 Mode to run on Agent (with the lowest number of objectives), and kept the defaults (100, 100, 10, 0) the same, it would play out the same as a regular Agent mission. I may be wrong, though it seems the logical approach here.

Eastonside
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well you can do the math. 00 Agent takes like 5 hits to kill a guard. Secret like 3 and agent 1 or 2. Some powerful guards like the ones in Egyptian still needs 2 headshots, so only perfect dark actually implented the headshot.

So I guess set everything to 25% more.

I always did everything on 200% to try and beat it, didnt work Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I managed to beat Aztec with the settings at 150%, 125%, 15%, 0% the other night. That increased their health and accuracy by 50%, and the damage they deal out by 25%. Didn't have much health left at the very end, but I think I could do it with damage up to 150%. There's only a few areas where things get real tricky, and with damage that high, you could get ripped up pretty fast. Thankfully you can get your hands on a Laser, since your AR33 ammo starts to run out. And that one body armour is a massive bonus. At least Rare knew when to be a little generous. Razz

Eastonside
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, try this on Carrington Institute Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah... no. That level is ridiculous because of the shields. Maybe if PD still had the moment of invulnerability after being injured, but since all attacks can potentially cause damage on you, it's really easy to be killed in a very short period of time.

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I managed to beat Aztec with the settings at 150%, 125%, 15%, 0% the other night. That increased their health and accuracy by 50%, and the damage they deal out by 25%. Didn't have much health left at the very end, but I think I could do it with damage up to 150%. There's only a few areas where things get real tricky, and with damage that high, you could get ripped up pretty fast. Thankfully you can get your hands on a Laser, since your AR33 ammo starts to run out. And that one body armour is a massive bonus. At least Rare knew when to be a little generous. Razz

Next step for you is to try it on Enemy Rockets hahaaha

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
Wreck wrote:

Enemy Rockets would be quite interesting to be honest. but sadly, the only thing that would be different around the 007 difficulty would be the fact that Enemy reaction time. Raise that sucker up and there is little chance you make it out of the first room alive or in other cases with little to no heath left. The other settings would probably have not much effect since the explosives are already pretty damn deadly at it's finest. besides the heath being higher would cause quite the head ache on making a strategy to get from point A to point B.

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Rey wrote:
Wreck wrote:

Enemy Rockets would be quite interesting to be honest. but sadly, the only thing that would be different around the 007 difficulty would be the fact that Enemy reaction time. Raise that sucker up and there is little chance you make it out of the first room alive or in other cases with little to no heath left. The other settings would probably have not much effect since the explosives are already pretty damn deadly at it's finest. besides the heath being higher would cause quite the head ache on making a strategy to get from point A to point B.

Wrong, it would have a big effect because spawning guards carry there intended weapons.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some stages become significantly easier. Train is a good example, where so long as you dodge the initial salvos the rockets do a better job killing the guy who fired them than you.

Increasing reaction time is hands down the best increase to difficulty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: