ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, PD has a lot more cheats than GoldenEye did, and one of the ways in which you would be awarded one is simply by completing a mission. The other methods to unlock cheats are by Gameboy Transfer Pak, winning gold medals for certain weapons, and the standard target time used in GE.

Civilians and scientists should be no problem to support, as PD already has similar characters. We'll see when we get there.

The next patch release should contain something in the mission campaign, yes. If not full fledged mission setups, at least objects and doors. Those are easiest to deal with, for the most part. The characters and action blocks definitely take the most effort.

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

even just having guards to shoot in Facility with props would be jizztastic in a next release. its pretty awesome seeing how far this mod has gone, im super excited to try it on original hardware soon when i receive my everdrive 64.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, fantastic.

Cant wait to hear what more of these actions do.

I would have assumed that rare kept most of the original actions if a little tweeked.

Of course, they might look different in compiled form.

Trev

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Goldeneyex 5d beta freezing on consols Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else have a problem with goldeneyex 5d beta freezing while on combat simulation? I'm using an everdrive and console. It freezes in the middle of a multiplayer match (not all the time but every 3-4 matches ) when I'm using mines or any type of explosives.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I personally haven't noticed this, but will definitely keep an eye out.

Recently I was having really bizarre crashing with regular PD on console (actual cartridge). I was just going around firing the magnum in Temple, and it would freeze out of nowhere. Did it a couple times on me. No clue why.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Goldeneyex 5d beta freezing on consols Reply with quote Back to top

killedbyurmom wrote:
Anyone else have a problem with goldeneyex 5d beta freezing while on combat simulation? I'm using an everdrive and console. It freezes in the middle of a multiplayer match (not all the time but every 3-4 matches ) when I'm using mines or any type of explosives.

I haven't experienced that. Can you post the exact settings that you use when it happens, say which level, what types of sims, etc, so we can try it ourselves?

Or do you mean human vs. human (and if so, how many humans)? I haven't played against another human in v5d, so maybe the problem only exists in human vs human matches.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, any additional information would be helpful. If we can recreate the circumstances, it may help solve the issue (if one does in fact exist). Though that is usually more SubDrag's department, hehe.

Progress on a certain mission is really coming along wonderfully. A few more kinks to iron out, and it will be a fully functional mission with intros and outros. The cameras are currently all 2E object types, so nothing fancy to them. But hopefully down the road we can get cool moving cameras going, and can recreate the intros properly.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do think some crashes have been a person's console or power brick or everdrive, but if you can recreate consistently that'd be good so can try and fix.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Freezing on goldeneye x Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all for your fast response. So excited about new update! I have been testing and it has consistently been freezing on me in facility (but also in other maps) Most of the freezing happens when I go through smoke after an explosion or through fire. (just froze in Archives when I was exploded to death haha) My setting were: four stimulants- three normal and one honor (it has froze with less tho) I had remote mines and proxy mines in a slot. I have an everdrive 2.0 and I keep it updated with the latest OS from kritzz. All original hardware on my n64. I have reverse pitch turned off, show target turned off, and paintball mode on. Thanks again!

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a hardware problem when under load.

Ill have a quick test and edit this post, but thats my thought.

Trev

Tested and no crash. I did get one instance of oddly transformed vertex which happens on PD cart too, but thats a ram thing I think.

I just noticed that PD explosions in Paintball Mode are rainbow coloured.
I thought Zoink did that in GE for fun, I didnt know it was already in PD.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is one thing to consider. With our N64's all getting older, it's not a surprise that some weird behaviour may start happening. Like I mentioned, the original PD cartridge froze multiple times on me for no real apparent reason. I'm hoping there isn't something bad that happened during some build of GE-X, but also wouldn't like to hear that a persons console is starting to have senior moments...

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have had no problems at all with GE:X on my hardware.. i dont know what to say.

i think it would be really cool if you if you could have speech triggers for certain events like in the movies, like if you shoot the guard in the vent in facility bond would say "Sorry i forgot to knock"

or spice up the intro to archives and have ourumov in the intro and once you get the pp7 he runs out of the room and *disappears* after doing all the dialogue. the possibilities with perfect darks expanded engine makes for really exciting time in the goldeneye modding community at this stage of the game Smile

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As for aging N64s mine still works fine. PD, DK64, and GE work pretty much fine. And I abused the poor thing with the Gameshark bending the pins.

Some games take a couple times of removing and re-inserting to boot up again, but either than that, it pretty much works.

I've never tested GE X with it, since I don't have an Everdrive, but I think it would work? I actually think it's an issue with faulty Everdrives, if anything.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with blaming Flash carts is that some of us have already stated, or at least, I did, that it "happens on PD cart too".
So, thats not a flashcart thing.

With regard to my malformed verticies on occasion, this is definitaly a ram thing.

Its happened ever since I got my expansion pack to play PD and it only happens on the guns.

Little random triangles draw very far in front and if they excede +/-32,767 they crash the consol.

Now this doesnt happen often, and happens less likely after my consol has been running a while, but it was something worth mentioning in regard to my testing of the scenario layed out by "killedbyurmom".

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

killedbyyurmom failed to mention if he has "Hi-res" video option ticked or not. I think that also can possibly be part of the problem. Although I am playing on emulator I used to experience crashing with a similar case involving explosives, in recent times I haven't. And I have "Hi-res" unticked for a graphics plugin reason. Trevor try with Hi-Res unticked and see if there's a difference or not. Maybe it could be that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 8 of 60

Jump to: