ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's the last version of Stolens mouse injector, but I do not know to to turn it off, I have a high dpi razor mouse so I don't know it it just counteracts the acceleration.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So sweet.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got a message to pass on from Astro, seems he loves the new build - not sure why he didn't post himself however:
i am happy Wreck brought back the "Original Pistols Shooting Animations" from GoldenEye for the PP7, PP7 Silenced, and DD44 Dostovei guns. even the Silver and Gold PP7 have new animations as well. one thing to note is the Cougar Magnum's reload bullets need to be recolored from Gold to Silver bullets. also one of the doors in solo Bunker Preview mission is not closed all the way. It's slightly open just like the eyelid doors in the VR Caverns map. The hanging monitors no longer fall off the rack and explode but i expect that to be handled once Wreck works on those mission levels in solo more. oh yeah and i am happy he brought back the missing metal object sound effect that i told him about way back when i was still in the forum. TY Wreck. Tell him I said Thank You cause he doesn't think I appreciate the work he does for the mod. Tell him I said Thank You and I do.

now if we can only get the Muzzle Flickering effect to work on automatic and power weapons

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So how is Astroid in the readmes 0.o

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is awesome stuff. I'll be sure to get my friend into it if he ever gets his own computer.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Slick animations, makes the game feel more professional.

But, I honestly feel like duel-welded RC-P90s are still possible with animations, as they are still single-handed weapons. Putting your other hand that near the barrel would most likely burn your fingers from muzzle fire, anyways.

Also, I do believe the RC-P90s mag is separated from the main model? The animation it currently has is pretty good, but the mag should just plop out as a new one is placed, as the mag placement is different then on the RC-P120's animation, which I think is the animation it's currently using?

Either way, amazing job!

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great work to everyone involved. I've been playing this religiously for the past few nights. I haven't had this much fun with a video game in years and it has made me re-dust off my GoldenEye cartridge and start a new playthough as well.

I don't know if this has been asked before...and if it has been, I apologize. What's the plan for single-player? Do you plan on introducing things that were stripped from the game before release? For ex. the bike and biker on Runway, the use of the Terrorist on Frigate, the inclusion of the island in the Dam level...
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was being a bug monkey and fooled around with the single player levels, found a few bugs.

-First of all, what's is up with the odd bar at the bottom of the screen? Is this a graphics bug? Or an emulation glitch? This has never happened on Perfect Dark on me, so seeing it on this mod makes me presume I did a bad patching job.

-The K7 Avenger lacks muzzle flash when shooting. This was also a glitch in PD if you used the "threat detector" function while shooting.

-The Watch Laser shots sometimes become misaligned while shooting and moving.

-The shells of the Shotgun/Auto Shotgun have odd lighting effects on them. This could also be my graphics plugin's fault, as I don't have a good video card.

-The terrain on Surface 1&2 flicker a lot. Again, may be a graphics card issue.

-I fell through the floor a couple times in the steeper slopes on the Surface levels, which kills you from falling into an abyss.

-If you pass though the void where the locked door is suppose to be in the "secret" room is in Train. you clip into the Train outside, then fall to Your death.

-The music in the Solo Mission levels only start after you've paused and unpaused the game.

-You have a lot of duplicate weapons when using the All Guns cheat.

*Not glitches and bugs, but things that still annoy me*

-Do I really need to say anything about this? This error from the original GE is still here.

-The railings in Silo have an odd un-textured colour patch at the end of their trails.

-The un-seen sides in FPS view of the Magnum have no proper modeling when seen in menu rotations.

*Improvement to cloudless versions*

In GE and PD, most of the water is apart of the skybox, which looks really awkward on some levels. As the Frigate now apparently floats in the sky.

Could you please, for the love of all things. Make the water apart of the level model in the cloud-less versions? So the water can be seen, giving realistic atmosphere?

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always liked the Avenger without the flash. The bottom screen thing has been there since day 1. Frigate floating.....well it's always been floating on emulation regardless of the graphic input. (May get famous toxic water) but it has always been floating. All the other issue's you have will be fixed in due time. Wink

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, those Hallucinogun cloned guns are really annoying me, hope they think of making new weapons. I have one in mine. Smile

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
I always liked the Avenger without the flash. The bottom screen thing has been there since day 1. Frigate floating.....well it's always been floating on emulation regardless of the graphic input. (May get famous toxic water) but it has always been floating. All the other issue's you have will be fixed in due time. Wink

I see.

This is the first time I've done the patching, so it kinda confused me. The bottom screen issue DOES patch itself if you use high-res mode, so it's not really a problem (I use 1964 Ultrafast to run GE-X so there's not really any lag)

Also, here's what I mean about the water. Look how GE renders the water in Dam.

You can clearly see the water, despite the fact I don't have a skybox due to the graphics plugin. Which makes me believe the water is apart of the skybox in Frigate.

But...

If someone did whatever trick they did in Dam to produce the water, you could possible get water in Frigate, which could possible fix this issue on cloud-less versions, and allow water on the cloud-less games.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The water in Dam and in Frigate are different types of water. Like caverns the water looks different. Frigate there really is not water. Ever tried shooting the water in Frigate? It does not make a splash sound. The water in Frigate is like a texture of moving water of some sorts. Where as the Dam and Caverns are actually water.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Dam, Caverns, bunker and toilets in facility are real geometry.
They use a special display list to overlay 2 mip-map layers over each other to produce the waves. Because they are real geometry they can be shot and have an assosiated SFX.
Water however cannot be transparent.

Frigate uses another type of water (transparent).
The water display list is probably the same but its not part of the model.

Being that emulators seem to have the exact same problems with it as the sky, they must be one and the same implementation wise.

Trev

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Getting Dam into PD has been a bugbear of mine for near on two years now and proved so difficult that I gave up with frustration.

Goldeneye actually has a special water that renders internally at world 0 - it's used in frigate, but the rest is done using a mesh and animated texture on a mesh. I'm not sure how PD does it, but looking at the setup in the likes of Carrington Villa it's a horrible methodic mess of blues.

Frankly I'd expect that wreck will "work down" with the issues (solving the game-breakers before the rest if you will) so it could be a while before this gets addressed.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Frigate in GEX has water. It looks identical in apperance to that which is in GE.

I agree that Carrington Villa is horrible, but its also shootable isnt it, meaning its physical mesh at least up to the sea wall.

They used a horrible texture for it though.

They would have been far better programming the nessesary code to allow transparent water and then vertex shade the water from transparent at the shore to almost opaque further out.
The other alternative would be to have white + transparent waves animated and then vertex shade the sand to blue at the sea wall.

Ive actually been thinking about Dam today and need to have a discussion with sub about it now that I remember.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 2 of 60

Jump to: