ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds like a cool idea. How about putting a weapon spawn up in the vents? I know each level only has so many spawns, but if I remember right, each of the 6 weapon slots stands for two level locations. So 12 locations in total.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I like it.
As you said, in single player you can add a locked grate to stop access.

Does PD's Facility have the exit hole or do you just fall through the ceiling?

I cant remember seeing an exit hole.

Im interested to see what DFAnk does with the vents, I think he is only extending 1 to his new canteen.
Had I done a shaft extension, I would have tried to follow the rooms like a real vent would.

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm against the idea. No drop down holes please. It will take away that feeling the vents had in the original game. Eventually players will have to come out of the vents through the restroom. Otherwise, the vents will be a mess just like PD's version.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My idea is to make the grating that blocks your path normally in GE a working door. This way, it looks the same as it always does from inside the vents, but now players (should they choose to) can swing it open and hop down. This could be an option only for humans, by preventing the Sim path network from connecting through the drop. In this respect, it becomes entirely up to players to use it or not, and will have no effect on gameplay if they don't.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OOOOOOOOOhhh okay now I know what you mean. Sure then, I'm cool with it. I like the idea of it being a swinging door and not just an open area to exit that back part of the vent.

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why not just make the grating in the vents the same as it always is but make it function like other grates in GE in the sense that you just phase right through it. I'm confident it functioned this way in GE too but because there is a drop right behind it wouldn't allow you to go though since GE treated drops like walls unlike PD.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I personally like the idea of the escape route from the vents. I've had many fun times being stuck in the vents while my friends waiting on me to come out so they could blast me (in Goldeneye) lol but... I liked the opening (in the vents) in PD as well.. You could drop in on people from the opening.

The idea of a gun spawn in the vents sounds intriguing =)

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love the work you guys are doing with this project and being who I am I love asking questions based on the progress and other things. You don't have to answer any of these questions but I'd appreciate it.

1) Wreck, you mentioned that the Tank wasn't going to be in the Runway level as much as I agree how will the Secret and 00 Agent objectives be completed if we can't blow up the sentry guns and will the tank make it into Streets?

2) You've been showing a ton of new features in some of the maps however how completed are the maps? Are the Mission Objectives for every Difficulty done, are all the guards added, is everything as it is in Goldeneye? Is Dam and Statue not able to be ported over?

3) What will happen to the Institute lobby? Right now as it stands it's a broken port from PD to simply get the main menu in the game but are there plans to change it or add new features?

4) How complete are the current weapon animations? Will the animations for the Klobb, KF Soviet (Hand Fix), Phantom, D5K, and Grenade Launcher be finished? (Rocket Launcher is the only one I'd like to see keep the Drop Up Reload)

5) Will all of the original cheats be added back in?

6) How much do you plan to have added in the next update? (Complete Singleplayer, just the new guns, more decorated maps such as what was done with Bunker and Jungle, or other?)

7) Will more player customization be added down the line? (Hats, Glasses, fixed modes, etc.)

I know this is alot of questions but I only ask Devs these kinds of things if I'm truly interested in the project and in this case more so then ever. Please take your time with the project and I can't wait to see what new things you show us next!

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dylan wrote:
Why not just make the grating in the vents the same as it always is but make it function like other grates in GE in the sense that you just phase right through it. I'm confident it functioned this way in GE too but because there is a drop right behind it wouldn't allow you to go though since GE treated drops like walls unlike PD.

I think you are mistaken or mislead.

In GE walls have no effect on players, all movements is confined by special Geometry (Stan, known round here as Clipping) that mostly copies the floor.
If there is no Stan then you get stuck.

In GE you can walk through any wall that the "Stan" goes through.
PD follows the same rules except that PD also required boundries to be specifically defined in the Stan file else the player falls.

To keep the grate as part of the Back Ground File means that you have no control over passing through it or not.

It must be a door so that it can be locked/unlocked when desired.

Even if it stays unlocked, any stray sim may end up using the grate as nothing will stop them.
As a door they will not open it. If they bump into it, they will be stopped.

Regarding tank, I may have out-of-date info here but I think there are a few bugs relating to it, namely that there is a "Hover" animation applied to the tank... As tanks dont hover, we need to disable that.

Institute will be MI6, work is in progress about that but there are a lot of other things to do as well, dont expect anything too soon.

Other questions I dont have any answer to.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have some pics up today of the vents. I'm still playing around with the vent grating door, but it is in place and operational. As for weapons up there, I would rather not. We already have a good number of weapon sets throughout the level, and now players have a better chance of not only escaping the vents with their life, but two routes to take in the hopes of becoming armed. And putting a weapon up there may confuse a Sim into thinking they can get up there to get it somehow.

I am not a huge fan of walking through grates, even though it was used in a few places in GE (mission and multi). I'd rather this case be a door, as it makes it feel more like a secret. Some people may not even think to try opening it.

The tank likely won't be included in GE-X, because of its absence in PD. But, I must say, SubDrag has been doing a fantastic job adjusting the HoverBike to function more like a motorbike. Due to missing the tank missile rounds, we may include a rocket launcher somewhere to help despose of the heavy guns at the end of the Runway.

We're taking on one mission at a time, and each brings with it its own challenge. We currently have five levels that are operational. All the guards are present, and objectives all completable. We start with it being a clone of GE's original, then begin adjusting things to make use of PD's new capabilities. Dam and Statue can be done, but are sitting out right now. The Dam will present the most effort, because of size, portals, and special visibility settings.

The Institute should eventually turn into MI6 headquarters, based on how it appeared in GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, and Die Another Day.

Pavarini is the man behind our weapon animations, and he is working on fixing up some more. The slapper should be ready to implement, and I am told more are on the table.

Certain cheats will be gone, but there are plenty new ones to have fun with. Slow and Fast Animation were never that wonderful, though made for interesting cut scenes. Paintball and No Radar Multi are default options. So most good ones are present, plus cool extras in PD.

I can't say what all will be in the next patch, or when it will be getting released. I don't want to wait until all missions are done, so it will be before that. But it will have bug fixes, new reloads, slapper, and at least some missions in it.

Afraid hats in multi won't be added, as they are set in the level setup file. They would take a lot of work to include, and allowing players to choose which one to wear... Don't expect for it to happen. Glasses may be possible, not sure how, though. It would only work on those who actually have glasses in their head model, so Bond and Trevelyan would have none under normal means. I did add five guard heads with glasses on in the roster before, so that's better than none at all! hehe

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cant wait to see more pictures! after aoll these years and now the juicy stuff is finally coming into place Smile.

If i could throw in any idea i think that adding a shootable padlock to the gate in Depot would be pretty nice, seeing as using that function to unlock a gate was only used in Dam it would be nice to see it throughout the game more than just opening grates in Surface and Train. but that is just my 2 cents

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like your idea Wreck of the other side of the vent to be a secret door. Makes it feel more espionage like.

What happened with the tanks missile rounds? I thought you guys had access to those to implement for the mod.

OMG I am shocked to read that Dam and Statue are going to be implemented to the mod! This is the first time hearing of this news! One thing. Will Dam have the boat to go to the secret island to complete an objective there on the harder difficulty levels? Beta Dam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhk13U1iivc

Hopefully MI6 will have coronas as well. God I love coronas.

Regarding weapon animations will the seeker have a new reload animation once you guys put in new skins for the weapon models? Also please bring back the Remote Detonator. It belongs in a GE game the current detonator just doesn't feel the same.

Now with some of these solo mission levels having complete objectives with guards, etc, will the completed missions for this patch have unlockable cheats as well?

Lastly, if not at this moment, are you guys considering on working on the conveyor belt in facility to give it a visible animation and movement function as suggested before?

Can't wait to see pictures of Facility with lights and the new vent shaft adjustments! Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spent a bit of time fixing up the motorbike model. The rightside was almost completely shadowed in the original, and part of the metal that connects the rear wheel to the body was drawn from the wrong side. Now, I also tried changing the colour of the metal pipes and seat cushion to black. Not that I don't like the white. I am still torn on which I prefer. Here is how it looks right now...

As promised, shots of the vents...

I wanted to fill in the hole left in the ceiling, so I put in another grating. When you drop down on top of it, you just swing it open to reach the floor. Thankfully there was a door operating type that worked for it. I may also add a bit of shading to the 3x3 area you start in. Should be plenty enough space for humans and Sims to occupy.

I don't think we'll be adding the detonator as a separate weapon. The remote mine has a lot of special handling, tied to its ID. I am also not a fan of the watch laser, which needs more work still. One of the bad things about PD's unique hand models is how a watch won't fit them all well.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Loving these, great work!

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks Amazing! Keep up the good work.. Two thumbs up =)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 14 of 60

Jump to: