ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Frigate in GEX has water. It looks identical in apperance to that which is in GE.

I agree that Carrington Villa is horrible, but its also shootable isnt it, meaning its physical mesh at least up to the sea wall.

They used a horrible texture for it though.

They would have been far better programming the nessesary code to allow transparent water and then vertex shade the water from transparent at the shore to almost opaque further out.
The other alternative would be to have white + transparent waves animated and then vertex shade the sand to blue at the sea wall.

Ive actually been thinking about Dam today and need to have a discussion with sub about it now that I remember.

Trev

I've never understood why the water in Villa looks so bad (it's not at all convincing, and the lack of movement makes it look much worse), the same with the cutscene of Air Force One before it crashes, the water there looks nothing like water, they should have made the cutscene with the plane going over a snow covered landscape, since the plane crashes on snowy covered land.

The water in the sewer in Chicago: Stealth, is much better (speaking both relatively, and with regard to the limited power of the N64), so I don't know why Rare used such a bad texture on the Villa and Air Force One levels. I can only assume that since Villa and Air Force One needed a *much* larger physical area of water rendered, that the sewer style water was too demanding of CPU/GPU time or memory when rendered in amounts as large as Villa and Air Force One needed.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, I forgot about chicago. So... they DID program transparent water.
The water used here is very good and also the water spray coming from the waterfall (just a smoke generator, like bullet impact smoke)

So yeah... it wouldnt have taxed much more to use this water with a vertex shaded sand layer.

The water in Villa also seems not to be shootable, but the 'sand?' underneath is. This would imply already having the necessary geometry for the better effect.

Trev

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Come to think of it, there are at least two places in PD where you (as Joanna, of course) can completely submerge yourself in water. These are:

1. The multi-player map, Sewer, where when you fall through that small hole in the floor, you land in the middle of a pit with greenish liquid in it. If you crouch down and stay crouched, then Joanna is completely submerged.

2. In the single player map, Deep Sea: Nullify Threat, start the game, go through the two metal doors, kill all of the enemies, but don't go through the next metal door (into the Cetan), instead stay in the cave type area. There is a large puddle here, against one wall, sort of against the door that you didn't go through. Go to the deepest part of the puddle, permanently crouch, and wait.

Joanna doesn't drown, in either place. Meaning that Rare either forgot to add the ability to drown, or more likely never really considered adding it. Or Joanna is a mermaid. Or she's human, but with scientifically augmented lungs that can extract oxygen from water. Or she's an alien who looks human but doesn't need oxygen. Or the water is really that liquid that humans can breath, from that film with the alien under the sea. Hmmm, maybe a very cunning and indirect reference to that film (The Abyss) since Perfect Dark has an alien under the sea?

Now I know how conspiracy theories start!

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Triangle's looped soundfont on isn't correct. The only problem about it is that the Attack Volume.

GoldenEye: X

GoldenEye 007

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any news or updates about Goldeneye X, please, Wreck?

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Beautiful! Reply with quote Back to top

This is nothing short of amazing. The whole project is coming together really nicely - All that it is missing is Man With the Golden Gun and You Only Live Twice modes! We've been itching to play them on the new Goldeneye X ever since the first release. Any updates on if those modes will ever make it into the game?

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to take an opportunity now that AL64inthedark brought up the reloading animation for the AK on the first page, and ask if anyone sees the left hand placing the magazine is wrong and awkward,

Shouldn't a more natural hand animation for reloading look like this?

I know this is a beta but I am not sure if the hand placement is correct and the fingers are just clipping through the mag, or what I am looking at is the thumb holding the mag from front.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're being worked on https://d.maxfile.ro/zluzdsumzy.webm

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, never mind, looks great, natural hand motion, the wrist moves and even fingers move individually,

Far better than I Imagined.
Excellent work!

Any progress on forcing the muzzle flare to flicker?

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@pavarini

My browser said that the link may contain content that may harm my computer (viruses and whatnot)

Could you try to post whatever it is as a gif file?

Also, the RC-P90's reload will need to have the vented mag removed (like an actual P90). If I'm correct, the space under and around the mag is un-modeled. So some changes will have to be made to support them.

I also have a suggestion: What about Control as a multiplayer map? It seems large enough to have some intense combat inside.

Optical_Infection
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Sweet Reply with quote Back to top

Been wanting to try this for a while now Very Happy

You wanted a signature, there's your signature.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ off topic, but you might wanna shrink thise gifs in your sig

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL welcome back M-X =}

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've went over the Phantom and D5K models tonight, and added in their respective magazines. They were absent from the 5d beta patch, as I didn't have the time to include them. I'm hoping that Pavarini will be able to work the same magic he used on the Klobb reload for these, as well as some of the other weapons that are slightly off.

As for the RC-P90, I think we'll probably end up using a rear box magazine, just like Rare did with their RC-P120 (and Sniper Rifle). You'd need to modify the original weapon model quite a bit to make it work, as once you remove the magazine, you're left with a lot of empty space to fill in. I'm not opposed to it, but I think it's more trouble than it is really worth.

Control multi would be cool, but it's extremely intensive. There's a ton of portals in the main control room area, and lots of rooms being drawn at once. There were plenty of blackouts and slowdown when playing it in GoldenEye's multiplayer using GameShark. So unfortunately it will likely be passed over here.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Wreck

I do have a modified RCP90 model that has most of the empty space filled in for a magazine. I originally used it for a HL1 mod I was fooling around with.

You can use that, if wanted. I know how to edit/make models myself. So it shouldn't be a problem.

Actually, does anyone have a .obj export of the RC-P90 from GEX? As the model I used was from the Watch menu, and I dunno if the size is correct.

EDIT: Here's the said model

I also could make a custom model for the Seeker based of another rocket-launcher, if needed. Heck, I could base it of the Beta Rocket Launcher.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 3 of 60

Jump to: