ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looked into why the ejected bullet casings for the KF7 and AR33 were flying out in the wrong direction and fixed them. I'm not totally sure how it works in the model file, but at least they're both back to normal now. Some minor issues with where the casings originate from on different guns, though I think we can correct that fairly soon.

I also started on the Tazer Boy tonight. Ripped all the individual parts out of the original GE model file, then reorganized it all for better optimization as just one piece. I'll try putting it into GE-X tomorrow some time, probably using the Data Uplink as the base. If all goes well, this weapon should be available next release. It'll be the only one capable of disorienting your opponents, so it will be much more interesting this time around.

I still think the RC-P90 will be too tricky to sort out for a realistic, true to life reload style. Even Rare didn't do it. If you look at the P90 model, it also makes perfect sense to use a rear box magazine. But if at some point the actual method can be implemented and looks good, we could go with that one.

I did have Trevor make a custom rocket and launcher model for the Seeker, but I didn't finish it on my end. Still kicking around on my PC, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I still think the RC-P90 will be too tricky to sort out for a realistic, true to life reload style. Even Rare didn't do it. If you look at the P90 model, it also makes perfect sense to use a rear box magazine. But if at some point the actual method can be implemented and looks good, we could go with that one..

Would it be possible to reorient the hands and use the PD Rocket Launcher animation in some way for it?

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Wreck.

Ah. I guess that's out of hand, then. Actually, what softwares does GE/PD animation editing support? Wouldn't mind trying it myself. My idea was to use an edited K7-Avenger animation where the RC-P90 raises upwards, and the mag just plops out and re-inserts.

Also, the Tazer Boy would be quite a novelty weapon for Muti. Since they're single-handed weapons, why not duel-weld Tazers?

Also, if anyone wants the modded RC-P90 model, I would need to know where to upload it.

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Won't this reload animation fit for Rc-p90?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7jFX-_NJaQ

And for the Rocket Launcher, won't this reload animation fit?

http://youtu.be/Kggi0nV8Pe4

Last edited by Omegacop_jp on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New +25Tris

Orig

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the re-done RC-P90. Fits the style of PD much more, and shows more detail, looks miles better than the generic P-90 in the XBLA PD remaster.

Also, for the mag release, the animation could reverse as the player hand could be added to hold the mag, maybe a slight shake could be added to show why the mag dropped in the first place.

For duel-weld. The animation starts off with the mag plopping out, then the 2 RC-P90s go off screen as they re-raise later, like the Klobb (which has my fav duel-weld anim in GE:X, even if it's taken from the Mauler. Fit's the Klobb perfectly)

EDIT: Are custom weapons allowed for filling any empty weapon slots in GE:X? Because I made a sniper-thing that fits with the poly limit, I just need to texture it. (It actually has a lower poly count than the PD sniper, if wondering)

I guess this would be an bonus weapon of sorts, like the pump-action shotgun in GE.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Filler, For a 1st person model use more faces for the supressor, say an Octagonal Cylinder (Most of rares 1st person models use octagonal cylinders (8 Sides) )

As for the animation, this wasnt final by any means, as you pointed out there is no hand. I was not able to get the PD arm (which changes based on current player Char) to export in PerfectGold.
Also, the arm is a LOT more work.

Since I have my plate pretty full Ill leave the animations to Pavarini who seems to be able to do these well.
The quick animation I included was just to show that it can be done within the PD limits.

Heh, and Wreck, yeah when are you going to add my stuff hahahaha.
I have to say, its why I keep stalling, the 'other stuff' has been sitting here for ages.
What we need to do via PM is go through what you have and what you still yet need and get them in GEX hehe

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Trev

I can send the fixed RC-P90 model and the sniper thingy (when done) to a PM. I just need to know where to submit the files.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moved to http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6764&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Last edited by Trevor on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it would save some time since the model is the GE64 model with all the cracks removed and making reloads easier.

And for the sniper thing, I thought it would be a decent weapon to give more diversity to GE's weapon set. Since there's two of every weapon type except for the snipers. When I get the textures and details done I'll post it.

The Sniper itself was based off a toy that was laying around in my house. I just removed the bolt and added a clip.

I also remember saying about Control as a multi map and that it's too complex. What if I made a dumbed down version? I also feel like Frigate should have shutter textures on the windows on the multi version, since you cannot see any polys outside, and it's a black void.

Also, may make a new thread in Mapping and Modeling for this to prevent derailing. Mods can move those posts there.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've made adjustments to the original RC-P90 model to allow for proper reloading in GE-X. The weapon does look slightly different, but only once you really start inspecting it. Upon first glance, you probably wouldn't notice anything. However, the magazine has been made a bit shorter, to allow enough clearance for it to slide in and out on the proper angle without passing through parts of the gun body. Since it looked a little off that way, I also made it a touch skinnier to compensate for the height change. Now instead of this big, beastly clip that overhung the weapon on the sides, it is more snug with it. Other minor modifications were made (mostly filling in gaps), but it's still the same old P90 we know and love. Only now it will be able to have a custom reload animation based on real life.

I'm afraid there's not a ton you could do with Control to make it run better in multi. If you take a look at the main control room with portals on in the Visual window of the Editor... it's a crazy spider web. Plus there's some special visibility commands being used on top of it all.

Frigate VR takes place on a very dark sea. Thus it's pitch black outside. Razz

Trevor: I'll need to check my e-mails to see if you've sent me anything. I am extremely bad for signing in to read them, so you're better off PM'ing me here.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quick correspondence from Astro:

Code:

Hey GE-X Team,

I have recently been following the forums lately and have heard about a new animation editor software that can be used to create animations for weapons, guards, objects, etc. Now I know you guys are working on fixing a lot of weapon reload animations and tweaks. I also know the team is going through some things you both haven't got done for GoldenEye X yet. While I know the team is busy with fixing weapons and whatnot I have a few suggestions I would like to propose to the GoldenEye X team. I am going to list what they are.

Cougar Magnum - Recolor the bullet texture colors from gold to silver that you see when the cougar magnum is being reloaded. Also maybe a way to speed up the reload process a little bit. Not a whole lot where it's noticeable just a tad bit. To even up the reload between a human player and a simulant.

Shotgun/Automatic Shotgun - While I know these two models are going to be tweaked some how. I was wondering if maybe now it's possible to bring back the animation from GoldenEye that empties out the shotgun shells one by one until there is none left on the barrel. I have a feeling this can be possible but not without remodeling the current shotgun weapons. If not I say leave this as a last resort or keep the same. I'm not sure the decision depends on Wreck.

Watch Laser - Since now with the new animation software i am assuming it's possible to reanimate the arm and hand rigs of the watch laser to the exact same way they are in the original GE64 game.

Remote Mine Detonator - Since the remote mine's detonator uses the same arm and hand rig animation as the watch laser, it shouldn't be hard to do this for the remote mine too. Replace the current detonator that's used in GE-X with the newly animated one that's used for the watch laser. Only difference is here the index finger is pressing the button on the watch instead of holding it down (watch laser motion).

Sniper Rifle - When you guys begin to work on the Sniper Rifle maybe you guys can look at the secondary attack used in GE64 which is the butt end of the rifle and implement the same attack animation from GE64 for it. And then get rid of the current secondary function used in GE-X which is the crouch and replace it with the new butt end whip attack of the sniper rifle.

Slappers - Bring back the slappers by reanimating the current unarmed attack strikes in GE-X and replace them with the chops animation using the same identical arm and hand rig motions from GE64.

Muzzle Flicker - If possible can the GE-X team attempt to bring back the muzzle flash flickering effect for the following weapons that had their flares flickered...Klobb, KF7 Soviet, D5K Deutche, D5K Silenced, ZMG (9mm), Phantom, AR33 Assault Rifle, and RC-P90.

Seeker - If possible can the model of this weapon be changed to something else? Perhaps the Rocket Launcher beta weapon model?

Out of the weapon corrections realm. If possible since you guys now i have a new editor out can you guys possible bring back the ventilation air duct shaft spawn point I proposed to Wreck back? I attached two image illustrations that I pitched for him to possibly bring back the ventilation area for Facility Multi.

Does the GE-X Team know if it's possible to bring back the water animations used in Dam, Caverns, and Frigate? Also is it possible to bring back the classical bleeding death screen animation from GE64?

That's all. I know you guys are busy with the weapons at the moment. I just would love for the GE-X team to consider having a look at these suggestions when you guys are done with everything you're currently working on and have spare time to look into other matters.

Take Care and Goodluck GE-X Team!

Astro

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone has typethtd fo an Astroid Shocked

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Quick correspondence from Astro:

Code:

Sniper Rifle - When you guys begin to work on the Sniper Rifle maybe you guys can look at the secondary attack used in GE64 which is the butt end of the rifle and implement the same attack animation from GE64 for it. And then get rid of the current secondary function used in GE-X which is the crouch and replace it with the new butt end whip attack of the sniper rifle.

Oh no. I think the crouch-to-steady-your-aim is a much better secondary function than a melee attack - who is seriously going to wield the sniper rifle when enemies are at close range, as the enemies must be or else you wouldn't need to use a melee attack? For close range enemies you'll use a faster firing weapon.

But yes, if the player has a sniper rifle then replacing the melee attack fists with the sniper-rifles butt would be good, but if the final version of Goldeneye X is to have disarm, then how would the sniper-rifle's butt tie in there?

Code:

Slappers - Bring back the slappers by reanimating the current unarmed attack strikes in GE-X and replace them with the chops animation using the same identical arm and hand rig motions from GE64.

Personal choice, this one, but I think the fists from PD are more convincin than the slappers.

Code:

Does the GE-X Team know if it's possible to bring back the water animations used in Dam, Caverns, and Frigate? Also is it possible to bring back the classical bleeding death screen animation from GE64?

Yes and YES! I don't like PD's static water, and the bleeding and (single player) multiple views of Bond's death are iconic as far as Goldeneye is concerned.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Code:
i am assuming it's possible to reanimate the arm and hand rigs of the watch laser to the exact same way they are in the original GE64 game

Yes they can be animated and will be used to match the original look of ge. As for using the original rig, wreck will have to answer that question. We're using the pd rig afaik

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 4 of 60

Jump to: