ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I'm not sure if it's totally necessary. I know PD did that sort of thing on a few weapons, but not all. It will also make the reload take longer, and that's something we've discussed trying to avoid. That's up to him, if he wants to try it, but it isn't a necessity or priority.

All trigger guards in. I have something I want to try next, and another weapon prepping for animations. We'll see how those go.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G14Classified wrote:
One suggestion for the Rcp-90 is it possible to add a hand tapping the magazine from the top into place once its inserted?

I tried it and because you don't see the right hand completely the tapping looked distracting. Moving the camera back exposes some other issues and the way I animated it was pretty bad. It was one of the first weapons I did from scratch. I'd like to redo it completely it in the future but I have other weapons that need to be finished.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I think the RCP90 looks good as is, I like the current animation and I don't think we need to go in and add an extra slap.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
Honestly I think the RCP90 looks good as is, I like the current animation and I don't think we need to go in and add an extra slap.
I agree.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the mismatch (at least in my head) lies with the sound, its a pretty harsh click when the magazine is inserted, making it seem like a strong tap is needed.

Perhaps if the sound is altered to a lighter metal click so it matches with what we are seeing on screen.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I understand the current sound effect does perhaps give off a "forced click" feeling, so that could probably be altered. Just have to switch it out with another sound.

Pavarini came up with a pretty neat combination of sounds for the Rocket Launcher reload. It gives more of a twist and click vibe now. Should do the job nicely.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm excited to see how the new "chop" animation looks. It def helps bring back the James Bond feel to the game.

Also, have y'all ever got the tank to work on streets? What about the tank projectile that Bond fired seemingly out of his head with the All Guns cheat?

What about Taser Boy? Still getting worked on I guess? Hopefully, the blurriness after getting shot with that kind of weapon can be reset after death. I always hated on Perfect Dark how your screen was still messed up even AFTER you died. Cmon Rare! Lol

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my... wow, just wow...
All the updates are amazing.

Just want to clarify one thing to Thundera
" I don't think shotguns need a trigger guard in front of it to hold onto"
A trigger guard is usually a metallic D shaped ring covering the trigger to stop the trigger being pulled by accident if you drop the gun.
You dont hold the guard, you put your finger through it to pull the trigger
Code:

FrameFrameFrameFrameFrameFrameFrameFrame
FrameFrameFrameFrameFrameFrameFrame
-----|-----------|--GRIPGRIPGRIP
     | Trigger->/  GRIPGRIPGRIP
     |         /    GRIPGRIPGRP
     |_______________GRIPGRIPG
     ^Trigger Guard  GRIPGRIP
                       GRIPGRIP
                        GRIPGRIP
                         GRIPGRIP

The bit you hold onto with the left hand is called the fore-grip.

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Trevor thanks for clearing that up for me. I had no idea what a trigger guard was. I thought the trigger guard was that grip handle that you see on the D5K Deutsche and Phantom. You know that grip handle thing that hangs down near the front where the bullets come out from. That's what I thought a "trigger guard" was which is why I said shotguns don't have those only rapid fire assault weapons do. Now I know what they are. My knowledge of guns is zero to nothing. Thanks.

Also if I do remember correctly now that I know what trigger guards are. I remember seeing some of the prop pick up weapons have trigger guards on them but not on the first person models. I believe one of the shotguns was one of them from what I recall.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take a look at the prop guns to see if any should have the trigger guard but don't. And don't worry about a lack of knowledge on firearms. Prior to porting them between GE and PD, I didn't know what various parts were called. Hell, I still don't, or may get confused jumping from a pistol to rifle to shotgun, etc. I had to start extracting parts and label them, so that's where some of my limited knowledge came from.

Now I know what you mean. The forward grip, seen on the D5K and Phantom. I think some shotguns do have this, and can be attached to the pump / slide. Some of the automatic variety may also have this. More often seen when there is a drum magazine present.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one who likes the rough clip-in sound for the RCP-90 so far?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will revisit the sound for the RC-P90, I think it's missing a second click.

New animations watch taser

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That watch looks amazing! Good job Pavarini! I like how with the tazer he doesn't mess around..its a quick jab to the gut Smile

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Both animations look flawless, great work pavarini!

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got to agree with both the guys before me great work on both animations.
Wish the Taser would've had that bond logo animation but that's cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 35 of 60

Jump to: