ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, I do not know what kind of idea they might be weighing for the Seeker hehe. I just think that it will eliminate the current aesthetic that has both Skedar and Futurist. Maybe you can just use new textures to change that look. Or maybe you can use the model of the Rocket Launcher beta of GE or the model of the Rocket Launcher of PD, and better still it would seem if the model was a new creation of own.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
Wreck, I do not know what kind of idea they might be weighing for the Seeker hehe. I just think that it will eliminate the current aesthetic that has both Skedar and Futurist. Maybe you can just use new textures to change that look. Or maybe you can use the model of the Rocket Launcher beta of GE or the model of the Rocket Launcher of PD, and better still it would seem if the model was a new creation of own.

Heh, if we could find someone to model it, I wouldn't mind seeing the beta rocket launcher being used for the seeker.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Few update notes...

I went over every VR level setup file and corrected a misplaced value on doors. I honestly have no idea if this even had any effect on the game, but better safe than sorry. Don't even know what this value is for.

Spent a bit of time trying to fix up the Caves a bit, as it's been the most difficult multiplayer level to clip. I think I've solved a couple issues, and possibly improved Sim navigation (especially with the drops). I don't think that this map will ever be 100% free from clipping holes, spots where you can walk on walls, or Sims getting stuck. But at least it gets improved every once in a while.

I've added in some ambient lighting to Library and Temple. What I mean by that, is casting light from open ceilings or exterior windows. Think of what PD did with the Temple redo. It's similar to that, but more subtle. My attempt feels more like dust in the air, rather than just beams of light cutting into the rooms. I'll try to get pics up soon.

Small things: fixed the K7 Aggressor muzzle flash, certain equipping sounds for weapons that don't need it, adjusted the AR33 muzzle flash to better match the original, probably some other randoms I can't recall off hand. Oh, not sure I mentioned before that the Eagle 5 has a suppressor now, as well as scope.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Question about the PD weapons that are going to be kept in the ROM - are you planning on updating the names similarly to how Rare did so with the classic GE weapons or are you planning on keeping them as-is?
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since on the topic of a Seeker model. I got bored, and made a GE-like model of a custom launcher influenced both by the beta launcher, and the one from Half Life.

Texture UVs, and vert shading need fixes, though.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The PD "Futuristic" weapons already have been renamed. Eagle 5, Tri-9, PMC170, RC-P60, K7 Aggressor, AR54, OpTech 20, Seeker and Hallucinogun.

Our current concept for the Seeker is a little outside the box. Hopefully we can get it all setup properly, though I'm not sure it will make it into the upcoming release.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love that model that you are doing Fillerthefreak, it has a certain resemblance to the tube to the Rocket Launcher of GE above all seeing the image below, it seems as if I was holding it in GE, PD or GEX. By the way what program are you using to model weapons? I would like some day to learn to do some and be able to use it in PD.

I do not like to ask this question, but there goes.Wreck can you tell us when it's the next release of the patch? It will be before christmas It would be symbolic to be able to celebrate the new year with the patch.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@SATURN_81.

Modeled in KHED, edited it up in Banjo's Backpack for the vert shading.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
Since on the topic of a Seeker model. I got bored, and made a GE-like model of a custom launcher influenced both by the beta launcher, and the one from Half Life.

Texture UVs, and vert shading need fixes, though.

It's a great looking model, any chance you could try modeling the original KF7 and the original Rocket Launcher?

@Wreck
Any way we can get a release before Christmas, I'd love to play the new patch with all my buddies on Christmas day.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@The Renegadist

The reason why I won't really be able to do it is because the only pics/footage of early models are really blurry. The launcher takes the cake for blurriest pic, as I can tell what the KF7 sorta looks like.

I did some minor updates to the custom "Seeker" model I made, fixed some odd texture use, didn't add Vert shading to see if some like it better.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Few things...

Wreck, did you do the following fixes?

1. Watch face needed texturing fixing again.

2. Watch Laser sound effect is not original to GE007.

3. Watch Laser does not make sound when you equip it on in the beginning.

4. Taser needs it's original GE sounds. Currently uses Unarmed strikes, lol.

Also did you do any testing to see if you can get the Watch Detonator to work with the Remote Mines like how they functioned in GE? Or even as a secondary function?

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
Also did you do any testing to see if you can get the Watch Detonator to work with the Remote Mines like how they functioned in GE? Or even as a secondary function?

You know, I love all the new mine-in-hand animations but it would be nice to have the old remote mine watch. Maybe use the PD model for holding the mine and make the secondary function for the remote mine be the Watch detonation. As it stands the PD detonator doesn't fit but I do like the hand + mine model.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@FillertheFreak

Lovin' that Seeker model Very Happy Good job!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As The Renegadist says, it would be nice to have the secondary feature for Remote Mines. You can create the secondary function in Remote Mines, and use the new Pavarini model that has created for Watch Laser simulating this way the Clock detonator. I do not know if that can bring problems when the primary function is changed to secondary, ie removing the mine and then when we change to the secondary function saving the mine, passed to the secondary function we would remove the model of the detonator clock.

By the way speaking of the mode Counter-operative: it seems that we can easily end with two or three shots to any enemy controlled by a player. I wonder, therefore, if the present difficulty is adequate in this mode? Or should enemy damage be increased to make things more difficult and exciting? Until now the only difficulty seems to lie in the fact that the player who manages the enemies reincarnates in new armed enemies, until the time comes when he only reincarnates in an unarmed enemy, and I also believe that these enemies can not pick up weapons. I would like to know where the enemies reincarnated in GEX. If we could reincarnate in Janus, Jaws, Ourumov, Baron Samedi, Xenia or Boris it would be fantastic to give a turn in history to that player who could control these enemies, which would be nice to have special characteristics such as strength, weapons. I can already inmagnar the Baron Samedi controlled by a player ambushing to Bond in Egypt.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Detonator as a separate weapon (like in GE) may not be possible (or very difficult). There are a lot of specially hardcoded features for weapons tied to gun ID. You'd also need to somehow set it up so you get the detonator at the same time as the remote mines. They programmed it that way in GoldenEye, but I don't think anything else is like that in PD.

As for as a secondary function, it's possible, but I have concerns. There is a "quick detonation" feature, where pressing A+B together instantly blows your mines up. To switch into secondary, you'd lower your right hand off screen to put away the mine, then both hands move on screen in a similar fashion as the watch laser. This adds time to the process, and the quick detonation may not work as well, or look odd. It also uses a unique secondary function logic, so that could complicate it.

While it might be fun to play as a boss character, I'm not sure how that would work out. These characters are special, with custom action blocks and objective related data. You'd need to run thorough tests to see what happens if the counter-operative assumes their identity. Currently, I'd vote against bodysnatching a boss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 50 of 60

Jump to: