ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
killedbyurmom wrote:
Good job Wreck! It'll def speed up the gameplay. As far as explosions, I'm just glad the proximity mine game crashing bug is fixed. Smile

You and me both. Now I can't even bring myself to play with proximities without worrying that the game will crash due to me or a simulant throwing them onto someone.

Oh yeah! I had resigned to playing with remote mines Sad..Hopefully the watch graphic is fixed to replace that deplorable detonater. It'll look amazing!

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KF7 is done, now finishing up D5K and Phantom.

Edit ~ I am using the AR33 animation which is the dragon animation.

Last edited by pavarini on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@pavarini

Did you go back to the older one? As you showed a different one a bit ago.

Honestly, the other one would of been good if had more weight to it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to have the KF7 matching more closely to the others. And as people can see from the Dragon video, there's no denying that it fits the style of Perfect Dark (and the other GE-X reloads). One more weapon fully operational. Smile

The POV heights of Jaws and Ourumov were both too tall when attempting to match the original game. You see, in GoldenEye, the clipping tiles are only on the floor, certain falls, and ladders. In Perfect Dark, they clip walls and some ceilings. In Complex, the vents caused issues with tall POVs. The ceiling of the vents needs to be clipped, so that when you attempt to stand up, your head bangs into it and forces you back into a crouch. The tall characters could pop through it, and end up unloading the clipping from beneath them, causing them to fall to their death. So to avoid that from happening, I tested different POVs for those two characters, so each was unique, and would be fine in low spaces (mostly crawlspaces and vents). I think even Mr. Blonde had a shorter POV than he "should" have had, probably for that same reason. Lots of crawlspaces in PD maps (Area 52, Complex, Felicity, Warehouse, etc).

The clipping fixes I have in mind are more related to slanted architecture that goes over your head that you have trouble walking under. Streets and Statue are another story. They have rooms that aren't connected along a single clean edge, which can cause issues. I have made some improvements already to those two, but more work is necessary. Their walls have also not yet been clipped, so you can fall out that way.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pavarini: the latest animations of weapons are fantastic, I think they take the right time, neither too fast nor too slow.

Wrreck: I like to know that clipping problems are being solved. I hope that means the end of the following sentence "If the PD clippings system refuses to cooperate with the architecture, no matter how much it tries" and it becomes the solution to those annoying problems.

I consider GE a game much more explosive than PD, I mean that in GE we find levels loaded with explosive objects like wooden boxes, cardboard boxes, computers, barrels Of fuel, including ammunition from the grenade launcher or the rocket launcher.

By the way can you tell us something about if the lairs in the missions throw random grenades as happens in GE? Many times that in GE can add difficulty in the game if for example they force us to retire a little in the way when we are accomplishing a mission, or it can facilitate things if that grenade launched by an enemy kills to the companions. The ease or difficulty are two points of view on this matter.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We did figure out how to get enemies to throw grenades, so expect all the guards who did in GoldenEye to be able to in GE-X. SubDrag also found the timer for guard thrown grenades, and increased it to match human time. PD was extremely cheap, and had the timer so low that grenades blew up almost immediately as they hit the floor (feeling like impact detonation). Now you'll actually have a chance to run away. Too many times have I died by a grenade in Area 51... Confused

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've fired off a patch to TH126 (lucky guy, hehe) so he can start recording some footage for the upcoming trailer. Hopefully that's confirmation that a release is coming very soon, for anyone who may have concerns. Smile

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesomeness! Been waiting all year (literally lol) for this release Very Happy

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

killedbyurmom wrote:
Hopefully the watch graphic is fixed to replace that deplorable detonater. It'll look amazing!

It's also an irredeemable detonator. Hopefully we will have a nice full frontal detailed watch face with visible buttons. Hope the detonation animation comes off fantastic as well.

Wreck wrote:
I've fired off a patch to TH126 (lucky guy, hehe) so he can start recording some footage for the upcoming trailer. Hopefully that's confirmation that a release is coming very soon, for anyone who may have concerns. Smile

That's great to hear. Can't wait to see the teaser trailer vid.

Last edited by Thundera8589 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's great news! TH126's trailers are always really good, can't wait to see what he does this time!

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Great news!

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've sent the last of the animations to wreck.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy! Did y'all get the grenade launcher animation completed this patch? I appreciate all your hard work.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Grenade Launcher animations will be the only ones left out this patch, at least as far as traditional GE weapons are concerned. The remote mine watch detonator has been started, but it will not be ready in time. I have to do more work modifying and optimizing the watch model, then once it is complete, pass it onto Pavarini to animate. The watch model was pretty massive before (tons of vertices and polygons) and with how I visualize it being used it required some altering.

I'll be importing the newest animations tonight.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great work on this, only Christmas gift I need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 57 of 60

Jump to: