ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My mistake. I went and added another sound but it starts to sound too busy for the visuals. I'm happy to leave it as it currently is as well.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
My mistake. I went and added another sound but it starts to sound too busy for the visuals. I'm happy to leave it as it currently is as well.

So that would be a no for what I suggested with one side being put in then the other, something very subtle?

Last edited by The Renegadist on Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have access to the IK as I've baked all the keys. The last few tweaks were done post-bake so I'd need to redo work if I changed the IK again.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watch this part I linked here: https://youtu.be/T2EI-CgJxkI?t=40

This is what I mean, see how the front edge of the mag is inserted first then the back until it is in. This is what I'd like to see with the newest animation you have now. We'd use the click from the "Dragon clip out" for the front edge and then the mag slap for the back edge of the top of the mag. It would be the same animations you have now but with this small thing added, it would be very subtle.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is how the magazine is entered https://i.imgur.com/E35M85a.png

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
That is how the magazine is entered https://i.imgur.com/E35M85a.png

If this is the current one can you at least show it with the two sounds even if you think it might be too much?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://a.uguu.se/nUHD1sJmdgk6.mp4

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind it at all with the extra sound. I may be able to copy the sound to a new slot and lower the volume a bit, so it is slightly less noticeable, and feels like a lighter tap. It doesn't really seem like too much going on. We can try it and see how it goes.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Might help to have the mag angled a little more so it doesn't look so flat going in.

@Wreck
I encountered an NPC navigation bug on Frigate, one of the NPC's got stuck next to the stairs in the loading bay.

He was stuck like that for a good bit.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ack...
I farking hate Sims. You guys have no idea how many times I have made adjustments to clipping tiles and Simulants end up hating it. I thought I had stairways fixed up where players can walk underneath and go through it from the backside, but no. Sims would get stuck under the stairs. If you just sit cloaked and watch them, they do some really stupid things, even in PD maps. I thought I fixed the low walls they can walk off of. They almost seem worse when you aren't around to see them. You'll see them doing nothing on the radar. Then when you find them, they're stuck. Dumb bastards.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I played closed to 100 hours of GE:X and I've yet to encounter a single AI behavior like that. Or at least I can't even remember it.
I hope that makes you feel better Wreck.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, thanks. Sometimes things seem very random, even in PD. I have seen Sims run in circles or rubbing up against walls in Perfect Dark's Combat Simulator. They are tricky, and have issues with many of the mission campaign levels when testing them in multiplayer against the AI. They appear to react to the clipping differently, and get stuck on vertical tiles they can walk over. Even with the "right" type in use, it can still happen. It's brought me much frustration since day one.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there really a difference with their behavior to clipping between solo missions IA and multiplayer ?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I can tell, yes. The Simulant AI seem to work differently. It can even be noticed at times with the cooperative mode buddies. It's one reason why you can walk through the back of the ramps in Complex. Normally, they would add clipping in behind, as either a simple barrier, or what looks like an inverted set of stairs. That way you can bump your head on it from different heights (depending on character or if you duck / crouch). But, if these tiles exist in a Combat Simulator map, Simulants can either get stuck in them, or not be able to walk over them. I tried in Stack before to block people from going through it from behind, but Sims hated it. They are very finnicky. If you try Air Force One in Combat Sim mode, you can see Sims struggling with the ramp that leads to the top level of the plane (because of the clipping tiles underneath to stop players from going through it from below). I continue to try new things, but Sims always seem to find ways to get screwed up. The absolute worst is when they fall through the clipping and die. Hopefully I got all those areas fixed up in GE-X maps.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What about adding a barrier behind ramps and stairs that won't allow players and simulants to go through them while standing but have the barrier have an opening in the bottom so it forces simulants to automatically crouch instead? It would be as if they were going through a vent hole? It would make ramps and stairs less easier to access. I also didn't realize the ramps in Complex could be access from the sides as well!

P.S. I have you checked out the video yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60

Jump to: