ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Intro (not the swirlng into Bond's head) and outro scenes will remain intact, yes. There are some minor issues with the outro camera following Bond right now (like when Bond is walking at end of Egypt), and also when playing 2-Player mode the camera scenes are shown on both screens. We will need to change these cameras to be the new style used by PD levels at some point, especially if we want to recreate the swirling shots.

Facility to Runway will have two different paths. If go through door, show Bond walk in and have him start in the doorway in Runway. If go through conveyor, show Bond crouch down to go in, and start on conveyor in Runway. The patrolling guard will need to alter his path accordingly.

Frigate lights are mostly done. I have to sort out the engine room and a stairwell, since they have no lights inside them, or are shared in a tight group.

Got Bunker i almost fully lit. Just the ventillation shaft to deal with now. I needed to add extra lights to five rooms, and tried my best to place them to match shading on the background. I imagine Bunker ii should be similar, but I will find out soon enough. The light strips have no corona, as it would only show in the center (but looking at the light does brighten your view). The sparks fly out from center, as well, but it really isn't a big deal. Best way to handle it, that I have found.

I would like to tie some bonus things together that connects levels by your actions, but it is difficult to come up with ones that make sense. Knocking out Boris in Bunker i could have him say a different line when encountering him in Control. If you guys have any good ideas for this, that aren't too wild or out of the box, feel free to share.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Along those same lines..could Xenia have a different dialog if you manage to shoot her or Trevelyan in the train mission? Just saw a video on youtube where Xenia is killed in like 2 seconds on the jungle mission. One of the comments were-
Xenia: This time, Mr. Bond, the pleasure will be all mine.
Bond: sends a maelstrom of AR33 bullets at Xenia's head No, the pleasure is still mine.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

killedbyurmom wrote:
Along those same lines..could Xenia have a different dialog if you manage to shoot her or Trevelyan in the train mission? Just saw a video on youtube where Xenia is killed in like 2 seconds on the jungle mission. One of the comments were-
Xenia: This time, Mr. Bond, the pleasure will be all mine.
Bond: sends a maelstrom of AR33 bullets at Xenia's head No, the pleasure is still mine.

Maybe along those lines make Xenia and Trevelyan invincible on Train (If not already) and if shot before the gate rolls down have either Trevelyan, Xenia, or both mention the fact you shot them later on.

For instance on Jungle, Xenia could say "You gave me a bit of a sore spot back on the train, now it's my turn!"

Or on Cradle after you shoot Trevelyan a few times, "You always were the better shot James, I have that bullet wound from the Train always reminding me! No matter, soon you'll have more then a bullet wound to remind you that I won here today!"

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do tanks have ignition keys, or something else that you need to start them, but is removable? If so, then if you don't collect the key in Facility, then in Runway you can't use the tank.

Then again, that's probably too big a change, so probably not!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Xenia's line when you confront her in Jungle is pretty iconic, so I wouldn't want to alter it (like they did in the remake game, which fell flat in comparison). It's a frequent line in the film between she and Bond, after all. And Xenia does remark to Trevelyan when she's been injured in Train already, which is how you get some extra time for Natalya to work.

In the case of Boris, he is a little more free to change, as the encounters with him are not directly tied to the movie. His normal line is something like "Don't mind me, I just look after the computers". But maybe if you hurt him / knock him out in Bunker, his line would be something like, "Not you again! This time I came prepared, you slughead!". Then the normal follow up of him pulling his pistol, dropping it, and blaming Trevelyan for making him do it.

I had thought about vehicle keys before, especially for the motorbike. But putting a key in one level that you need to use in the next seems a bit cruel. Players would scour the same level for a key, maybe on a table, held by a guard, hidden inside an object, etc. Not finding it would frustrate and confuse people, thinking it was a mistake. So having a key is one thing, but you'd want to have it somewhere in the level where the vehicle is present. Also, in coop mode, if P1 picks up the key, P2 will be able to use the vehicle immediately. Runway has the same thing happening with the airplane key.

Bunker i is totally lit now, and I will post a few pics later today. I also fixed some odd shading on rocky parts of an unfinished area, and changed the grating at the top of the ventilation tower to reflect that Bond knocked the maintenance door off just moments earlier in Surface. Just a tiny inconsistancy that bothered me recently.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As you can see in third picture, I have added a new light to each of the previously unlit in construction areas. I placed the lights in the best possible locations, where walls appeared brightest. These light styles are found inside the ventilation tower, so they aren't new designs added in.

In the ventilation tower, there were no lights in the room with the catwalk you begin the mission on. Instead, there were air ducts on the walls where lights are located above and below. I basically shifted those textures downward, and placed lights according to the other parts of the tower.

The light bars, found in the mainframe room and next to the main viewing screen, have been adjusted to be less deep. This way, I could add a single light element to the face of the light, and not be as concerned with the sides. You can still shoot the sides, without the light going out, but now the chances are less likely, unless you are aiming for them on purpose.

Strips of lights have no corona. Main reason being is that it appears only in the direct middle of the coordinates set for the light element. Unless I made a different element for every "light" in the strip, it'd look odd. And with how many lights are in this map (never mind the expanded second visit), it would require a lot. Needing to shoot out every single one would take a lot of bullets and time.

Also, those are real clouds you see in the sky above the ventilation tower now, and not fake background ones.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks amazing! I'd just like to walk through the levels with the added Corona lights let alone the missions. It'll also be great to hear Bond do little quips here and there like Joanna Dark did during her missions.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. The lights really do add something new and intriguing to the GoldenEye maps. Plus now when you shoot them out (which many of us likely did in the original game), the rooms actually darken. Walking around these levels in unlit rooms with random sparks going on is a very different feeling.

So I was looking at beta shots of Silo, since I remembered the stage used to feature dome lights attached to the ceilings. These may have been sprites, which turned to face the player from every angle. Rare dropped them completely from the map, but the texture remained in the ROM. What I have attempted to do, is recreate this kind of light as a three dimensional background piece. It has four sides and the light bottom. I've tried to apply the texture in a way so it can appear round from certain angles. I feel as though it turned out decently and should do the trick. Here is a pic of it. I made it in Frigate as a test, grabbed shots from different angles, and (albeit a bit crudely) pasted it in Silo for a glimpse of what it could be in the right level. Remember, I want to keep the polygons down so the onscreen data won't get too much higher. We could certainly make a nicer, more round version, but it won't help game performance any.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, hahah, that looks like something I used in (Censored) Razz
[img]Image Removed due to Security Breach[/img]

Yours use a lot less pollies though, and with good reason now that we understand a bit more about how lights work.

I didnt realise that the texture in question was originally for Frigate.

Looking very cool.

I was doing a comparison from original frigate to new lights frigate. Looks good, it is at least, completly understandable.

The light placement in the bunker tunnels is good. they look like work lights Smile.

"there were no lights in the room with the catwalk you begin the mission on. Instead, there were air ducts on the walls where lights are located above and below"
About the lights in the vent shaft, I just checked GE and the lights are there, so what do you mean? The lights in GE correspond to the BG Vertex colour and are the flat sprite types.

"Strips of lights have no corona. Main reason being is that it appears only in the direct middle of the coordinates set for the light element. Unless I made a different element for every "light" in the strip, it'd look odd. And with how many lights are in this map (never mind the expanded second visit), it would require a lot. Needing to shoot out every single one would take a lot of bullets and time. "

Striplights dont produce coronas anyway, they are a diffuse light source which would produce a sort of glow rather than a sharp corona.
Only Point Lights should create coronas.

Looking at the StripLight texture though, it seems as though they are supposed to be seperate small lights, but like a christmas tree string of lights, if one blows, they all blow since the circut is broken.

Im still interested to know exactly how these Light Portals work for destruction.
Ideally Id like to have several test cases with the portal behind and infront of geometry considered to be Lights.
Spanning 1 to multiple triangles.
Convex and concave triangle arrangements.

I agree that changing Xenias words are probably not benificial to the story, as mentioned, they are key to the script. Whereas Boris only has bland dialogue and 1 major quote "Yes! I am Invincible".
He does have "Better...Luck...Next...Time...SLUGHEAD! Bah!"

I dissagree with keys for tank. In the movie all the vehichles he takes are either already running or keyless.
Also, Cross level keys would only work if you played the whole campaign.
What happens if you go back to runway a few days later, or even, go back to facility, mess around, fail the mission then try to finish runway.
since you failed facility, the key is no longer available.
That would mean you would have to do Facility AND runway together at all times.

"Can you not increase their default health, to increase the difficulty? Though of course this will have to be balanced out for the ones who are threatening the hostages. "

I dislike this idea.
6 bullets to kill 1 guard is not the same as 3 guards.
For a start, there are less areas to focus on, secondly there are less bullets directed at you, thirdly its anoying when headshots dont work.
There are more differences.

I did try to reply with the following info before, but I lost my post, so Ill attach it here. I have subsequently done some reaserch and found that the MCM is gone, so unfortunaly, unless anyone can tac some code in to reproduce the speed chart, I cant prove anything in PD.

It was along the lines of, In co-op there probably isnt a huge difference in speed since while there are more triangles on screen, each screen has less resolution, and since the N64 is Fillrate slow, the RSP doing more work wont make much difference since it is very rare for the RDP to be finished before the RSP (at which point the RDP is stalled waiting on the data from the SP. This effect is usually shown as a seperate bar with RDP [Cmd Only] which would be shorter than RDP Time)

Trev

Last edited by Trevor on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love the attention to detail, Wreck. That ventilation shaft picture is awesome. Using the actual sky and not a painted on one makes all the difference.

As far as co-op, I'm not a fan of the idea of just boosting the amount of bullets the guards can take. However, has the idea of co-op only guards/objects been thrown around? Maybe certain levels have added security cameras or guards when playing co-op. Nothing too major, just something to increase the difficulty slightly. I think as long as they fit in with what Rare has already put in, it should blend together nicely.

Were you planning on using the Terrorist head for the Frigate mission, Wreck?
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That light texture, as far as I am aware, was only used in Silo. I just modified one of the ceiling lights in Frigate as a way to build the new dome light quickly, and keep it in the original GE format I can easily apply to other rooms.

Your lights look great, Trevor. If the N64 could handle it, it would be nicer to use one that is more round. But considering how many need to be installed throughout the map, it'd add up real quick. And with the way lights work, you need a flat surface for the element to sit against.

In the ventilation tower, there are three rooms. The bottom (beneath the catwalk), the middle (catwalk and doorways), and the upper half (with grating). The bottom has two lights, and upper has four. Instead of lights running parallel to the catwalk, they put circulating fan vent covers. Without any physical lights in that room, only the rooms above and below would be affected when their lights are broken. Any room between two lit rooms that doesn't contain a light itself, will stay bright. It's an annoyance at times, and I haven't yet found a work around for it. Frigate has a few areas I have to figure out how to deal with.

Not sure on the balaclava head in Frigate. I did add the KEEP CLEAR doors to the engine room entrances. It's not a bad idea to utilize the head, but I'm not sure on it.

As for additional guards / cameras in coop, that's another thing that can be addressed once the mission setup is "completed" normally.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, sorry, I mean Silo, not Frigate regarding the texture.

Heh, yeah, Ill need to re-work my lights, Although GE can handle the curvature, Id like to make it cross-compatable.

Ah, so the vent shaft is multiple rooms, I get what you are saying now, you need lights in each room.

How about lights above the doors? Is that in the same room?

I think 2 Basic camps around Co-Op at the moment, and one of them is divided.
The "leave it alone" camp
and the "Make it more dificult" which in turn is split into
"More stuff"
"Less Guards but with armor"

For now, I think wreck is right, lets get solo finished first before things are decided on Co-Op.

Trev

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor, it really doesn't help that you are trying to hide *censored* Razz
when looking at the URL from the picture tells you exactly what its from Wink

*edited* nothing to see here

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:

For now, I think wreck is right, lets get solo finished first before things are decided on Co-Op.

Trev

Yes! Please concentrate on the single player and then, whilst we are all playing it, then you can add a co-op mode. Very Happy

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know how to insert the "CamSpy" into one of the weapons slot? I've noticed I enjoyed just watching the sims sometimes using the Slayer weapon. With all the new, exciting content going on in the upcoming GoldeneyeX patch, it'd be interesting to watch the sims go at it.
Would there be a gameshark code for the CamSpy in multi?
Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 18 of 60

Jump to: