ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can look into it for you. May need to replace something, like the IR Viewer, but I don't think that will really affect much of anything. That item is really only useful for humans fighting off cloaked sims.

Been tinkering with Jungle. I added lights along the end hallway, that lead to the lift. I also replaced the elevator room with one exported from Silo. However, I did need to upsize it to maintain the dimensions of the original elevator. The doorway is just too big, and would need adjusting to bring it down to fit a normally scaled 1.0 lift. So we will have a proper looking elevator (details, lights, controls, etc.), but at the bigger size. Part of me wonders if lifts will need to be made larger to accompany all the potential bodies that would load into it at the start of coop mode. Control is even worse, since Natalya is also inside.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How does defection Part2 work? that starts in a lift.
Oh wait, th cutscene moves joanna into the hall doesnt it...

hmm...

isnt the lift in jungle big and the one in control small? if so, then make them both big.

Actually I just checked them.
They are both 3 panels wide and deep, and when standing with Natalya there is plenty of room for a 3rd.

Trev

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! I appreciate it Wreck.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't there an issue with camspies in VR, or am I thinking of the hilarious issues with replacing actors with camspies?

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wreck wrote:
Remember though, in regards to coop, you can have up to three simulant partners start with you if you've unlocked the additional sims by beating the game on different difficulties. Bond + Natalya + 3 Sims in one elevator? :Shocked

Three partners? I thought you could only choose 1, and that AI only helped IF controller port 2 was unused...???

Ive at least only been able to have 1 partner... ill need to play around to try and find this feature.

Also, 3 partners is going to be dificult in a great many places... nearly all places.

If we find out if its possible to have seperate start points then that might be the better option.
Bond is the main Char, so we follow him in and his entries, but the others could have been in deep cover or gotten in another way.

Trev

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Three partners? I thought you could only choose 1, and that AI only helped IF controller port 2 was unused...???

Ive at least only been able to have 1 partner... ill need to play around to try and find this feature.
Trev

No, you can have up to three sims helping you in co-op mode, but I can't remember what you have to do to unlock them. And I can't swear to this, but I'm 99% sure that the number of joypads connected to the N64 is irrelevant to the number of sims you can use in co-op.

Edit: I've just searched for info, and according to (http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/960632-perfect-dark/faqs/13589), "[i]Team up with a friend or other sims and take on the Co-Op missions challenge. Your rewards: Beat PA and you can use 4 sims in a level; beat SA and you can use 3 sims; beat Agent and you can use 2 sims.[/i]"

I didn't know you could have four computer controlled allies in co-op, so I checked another FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/960632-perfect-dark/faqs/8052), and it agrees: "Beating the Co-Op game on Agent level gives you the option of using two buddies on Agent. Beating the game on Special Agent gives you the option of using three buddies on Agent, and two on Special Agent.

Beating the game on Perfect Agent allows you to use four buddies in
Agent, three in Special Agent, and two on Perfect Agent
"

Blimey, even when you think you know everything about this game, you still find out new things!

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, that explains it, Ive only finished PD in Agent.

I never thought to check GEX for buddy counts since its unlocked.

Ill test now

Ah, so GEX is unlocked, but not beaten.

I tried my Cart and I now see the options under where you select Human or sim.
Human
1Simulant
2Simulants

I notice they are clones.

I tested Research and you do start in the lift and its about the same size as Controls lift.
The sims start very close to each other all the time and spawn after you start the level.

I dont think we will have any problems with them.

Best would be to make a test where you confine 6 people together, the 4 co-op, player + 1

Im sure it seems as though the co-op sims share the same space before moving.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Four sims max in coop? Dang, six bodies in one elevator in Control... I know we can change the start point for P2 in coop mode, but I don't know off-hand if that is where the first simulant starts, or if they spawn within proximity of P1. If they use P2 spot, hopefully the other sims would use that position to start around. There are also some unknown guard ID's, and if they correspond to coop sims, that would be a big help.

For CamSpy in multi, I don't remember issues on console. If you don't use the right plugin and settings, the camera screen won't render. Not sure if other problems exist.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I can tell, all the sims start at P2 pad and they start almost on top of each other, within a meter of "Center".

The only way to tell is to actually move some pads around and test the level.

Heh, the Sims are horrible... they never lead and they are rubbish shooters. They do shout a lot though so they alert the enemy to your presence.

Kind of a waisted feature.

Its also going to be very odd with some of the buddy suggestions since they are clones.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, so maybe both P2 and the coop sims use the pad set in the intro block for initial starting point. If that is so, once the proper intro scenes are created (using the new PD camera system to show parts of the level, and go into the back of Bond's head), we can better place these sims (as P1 doesn't rely on that pad). Definitely needs some testing.

If you go into the quick menu and access the simulant command menu, you can choose between Passive, Aggressive and Stealth (if I remember correctly). Aggressive should have them running ahead to fight off nearby enemies. Feels like Sims work better for you if you stay close and kill anybody interested in them. Otherwise, they can get eliminated quickly. Especially if they get bold and try melee attacking the bad guys.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the sims spawn within extremely close proximity to P1. You can see in Villa where P2 starts (using the pad set in the intro block), which is at the corner of the observation tower. The sims (I have two unlocked) appear directly behind you, in very tight spacing. This may be tricky in a few GE missions where you start in a small area (elevator, vent, catwalk, etc.), but we'll find that out as we get there.

Anybody have a GS code to unlock 4 sims in coop?

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

810A22A0 FFFF
810A22A2 FFFF
810A22A4 FFFF
810A22A6 FFFF
810A22A8 FFFF
810A22AA FFFF

http://www.hotcheats.com/perfectdarkgamesharkcheatsnintendo64.html

All stars On Co-Op mode. You only get four sims on the agent mode..three sims on secret agent..and 2 sims on perfect agent. I guess Rare didn't want to make it too easy lol

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... I tried using GS codes in PD but you cant play the normal game. I must be missing something but it says Expansion Pak Not Detected! ...

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

D'oh, I forgot to try those codes out today. Will try when I get the next chance. Thanks for sharing them, killedbyurmom! Smile

So I messed around a bit today trying to come up with more ceiling lights that can be used in levels that once had them in earlier builds. I think I came up with something effective enough to work in Archives...

It's only ten polygons, but gives the illusion that it is more rounded than that. Once I get around to actually installing one properly in the BG file, it will give a better sense of how it feels being in the level. I also am tinkering with custom light textures (the underneath section that will feature the element), so the current one may be swapped out.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, if you swap out the light panel for a bulb in a dark surround, when the light is shot out it will look good. When the light is on, the corona brightens the inside and obscures it and should look very nice.

I noticed that in Depot the old beta light is still there in GEX, but more surprising was I noticed it works the exact same as in GE.
Now, you might say it does nothing, but, if you go underneath it and look straight up at it (to the point where the light becomes just a line) you will suddenly see the white "GE Lightbeam" shine, that is the white triangle that appeares in the beta shots under such hanging lights.
I was very surprised to see this in the PD engine. It also seems to brighten the display slightly.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 19 of 60

Jump to: