ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, do you have any reference material for the lights from the older builds? I'd like to know what screenshot you looked at because all I found was this:

Unless you found the original light in the games files and not through beta screenshots.

Edit: Also if we are going to try to make this more like the movie can we have the original Ouromov start on Archives where he is in the room and runs off when you grab your weapon? Maybe we can include some text from the movie in the intro instead of the random guard who interrogates us.

Ref Img:

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there isn't much out there for great reference when it comes to the ceiling lamps in Archives. The back of the box has two pictures, both of which show them. Can't really find anything else helpful right now.

The texture exists in the ROM, as image 34D. I used that to create the current lamp model, which I have since setup in each of the little offices, and a basement hallway. I'm about to test it all in GE-X to see how it's coming.

For Ourumov in Archives, I wouldn't be against him appearing in the intro clip. He'd end up leaving, allowing the two guards to interrogate Bond (with player in control, like usual). I guess as the General walks through the building, he decides to have Bond killed, and sends another guard in to pass on the orders.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest there are a ton of things that this website highlights that I think would enhance the experience such as Ouromov's car driving away as the player enters the streets (Maybe during the intro), the various cars on streets, the Semi truck in Depot, the alternate Silo start, the Surface tower snipers (Now with PD's improved engine), the chopper flying away on Train, and more. I know more objects means more memory is being used but if it's possible can you take a look at these and at least consider them in the future?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Of course that site is good... It's SubDrag's! Smile

I consider all ideas and suggestions, but don't want to overdo anything, or drastically affect how the missions play out. Adding a car or chopper for a cinema or quick event is just fine, but putting in additional objects will need to be considered carefully, and tested well.

I took some pics of lights working in Archives, and will post them tomorrow. It may take some time to grow accustom to these ceiling lamps. My first attempt felt too shallow, so I increased their height. They feel better on console, since emulation ends up with sharper edges, but they were nicer after the adjustment.

Oh, I also plan to remove all the BG frosted glass, putting walls in behind them, and sticking actual glass that you can shoot out in place. Gives it a little more dimension and interactability. I also am testing out using the Streets sky colour and clouds, but may need to modify the fog distance a little bit. Always felt the plain black sky was odd, since you could see outdoor areas, and even beams of light pouring in through hallways. At least matching Streets will help tie the two together. Depot could be immediately after Streets, or maybe Bond needed to go further to get there, so time could have passed on his way (explaining dark sky).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can also see in the second shot that the frosted glass is gone, and there are now brick walls a few feet behind them. I haven't done anything with the mission setup yet, but prop windows will be added in.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great! Do the guards have trouble seeing you if you shoot out the lights?

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

killedbyurmom wrote:
Looks great! Do the guards have trouble seeing you if you shoot out the lights?

Is it possible that if you shot these out with a silenced weapon any guards nearby would run and investigate it?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think broken lights affect guards in any way. Not that I ever noticed in PD missions, though I could be mistaken. Just in Extraction, but that is a scripted event.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck =)

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I don't think broken lights affect guards in any way. Not that I ever noticed in PD missions, though I could be mistaken. Just in Extraction, but that is a scripted event.

Actually it does, I saw a video on youtube where a guy shot the lights and it affected their accuracy, can't seem to find it now though...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been busy lately, and might not have much open until early June. I have some ideas, plans, and things I need to finish up when I get back at it. Never fear, this project keeps on keepin' on. Wink

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're doing a great job Wreck. Take your time. There's no rush on these kinds of things. The fact that someone devotes any of their free time to a project like this is all I could ever ask for. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication. Very Happy

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I've just stumbled across the latest N64 "fad" which is turning antialias off for different N64 games. I should say that some of them seem to benefit from it, and others don't in my personal opinion. I guess what I'm asking is: Is this a consideration for GE:X as a graphical improvement (and rumoured as a performance improvement)

EDIT: Ok, so after lots of playing I'm maybe slightly perhaps there's a little framerate improvement in PD - if I squint - but it's still pretty laggy for todays standards.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The performance gains won't apply to GE/PD. The 50% framerate improvement is in the best-case scenario with no other modifiers involved. GE and PD both use the depth buffer and that's where the bottleneck is going to occur.

Besides any other stylistic reasons, disabling AA can cause artifacts (black pixels usually) on edges and where alpha blending occurs.

What I find massively ironic is that on one hand you have these guys removing AA, and on the other the PSX people creating plugins to correct perspective, add AA, and add per-vertex shading.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DAMN where do I find that ? Still a WIP ? Where's thread to track progress

PS1 looking like PS2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 20 of 60

Jump to: