ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW...YES! Great news! I didn't think Streets would be working at this point. Good to hear they are somewhat ready. Keep up the good work Wreck and take your time with the new VR level and anything else in the works before the release.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More news that should please a certain portion of the players. Remember how the vent ducts went unused in Facility VR? Not any longer. The enlarged starting section of the vents should be big enough to fit multiple bodies spawning in at the same time. The AI path network has been extended to allow Simulants to crawl their way through it. They transition from vent to bathroom stall fairly well, after some testing. Neither human nor computer controlled character can climb back into the vents. The prior spawn point in the bathroom is now where it used to be in the original game.

Another addition, is the ability for humans (Sims should not be able) to open the vent hatch, drop down onto another hatch, and then swing that one down to fall into the room below. Just like in Felicity, only this time it is a route that can be completely avoided. If you don't like it, simply don't use it! Purely optional to humans. You never know, you may just find yourself in a position where it might save your hide.

Likewise, the runway extension at the back of Facility is now part of the VR backzone. Simulants can navigate it through both access ways, though seem to prefer entering from the doors (not the conveyor).

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear that everything is running smoothly and that two of the hardest to port levels have been ported successfully AND we now have working vents for both bots and the player, I'm seriously Jonesing to play this! Only problem is I don't have an Everdrive so I have to work with the Wii's unfinished Wii64. :/

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These shots were taken prior to getting the optimized files in, so the final will have differences to the level aesthetics. I tried to keep them similar enough, while only removing certain "beauty coat" details, and cutting down on polygons wherever possible. But for now, these pics show the original files in use.

Oh, I also custom made the white brick walls at the end of Streets into new objects, and utilized the metallic gate with red star between them. So each dead end doesn't just peer out into the abyss.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh yes! i cant wait to see Streets in VR those pics are great, nice job Wreck Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree! Great job!...I hope the car explodes haha...Fun Times Very Happy

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can't wait for this to be released! Very Happy Good job guys!

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely Incredible!

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oww man... the streets...

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does the conveyor belt in Facility back zone have a moving animation this time around or was that impossible to do?
Edit: Nevermind. I just realized it wouldn't make sense to have the conveyor belt have a moving animation if the characters don't move while on them.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I am not mistaken, it was discussed for the belt.
Im not sure if pd has... oh, it does, the escelators in airbase.

if it was switchable that would be great for mission.

Streets will be an interesting MP Match.
The original layout is a tad linear though with only the end having 2 ways round.
It would be nice if some doors opened and new passages were made to join portions of streets.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually had that exact same idea, using doors to connect areas together through new routes. But part of the problem is with the buildings being props. Rare reused the same five pieces over and over again, and I think only two featured doors. So finding a decent place to make an interior passage between those points is not as easy or common as you would hope.

I spent a few hours today fixing up Streets. Since the prop rooms originally had no physical room data in the background, SubDrag had to come up with a way to not only create the room centers, but the bounds of each room. His work got the level working well enough up to this point. But since there was some strange object loading issues in certain places, I decided to look into it further. After testing each room individually in the Visual Editor, I found success. Now those spots don't act up, and some other oddities (like no smoke from weapons) are gone. There are still problems in the mission version, nearer to the earlier portion of the map - which are all actual rooms. Hopefully those can be dealt with at another time.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

I love the "Streets" Be as a new standard for VR, is a pleasant surprise that we've been keeping. hiding behind a car or a corner point and from there must be a unique experience with sims. hopefully for future patches can be included alguns doors and windows of buildings to hide in them, and even the ability to scale and some roofs to shoot from them as a sniper.

Wreck, I wanted to ask if you can move any news or information about whether there will be missions in this patch, and there will be few misiiones ?. I would like that this new patch levels missions were not empty and could do something about them, such as search for enemies strategically hidden by you or any of those working in the GEX project temporarily while the misisones are completed for future patches.

SPANISH:

me encanta que las "Calles" esten como un nuevo nivel para VR, es una grata sorpresa que nos has estado guardando. esconderse detras de un coche o una esquina y apuntar desde alli debe de ser una experiencia unica con los sims. ojala para futuros parches puedan incluirse alguns puertas y ventanas de los edificios para esconderse en ellos, e incluso la posibilidad de escalar a algunas azoteas y poder disparar desde ellas como francotirador.

Wreck, queria preguntarle si puedes avanzar alguna noticia o informacion, sobre si habra misiones en este parche,y cuantas misiiones habra?. me gustaria que para este nuevo parche los niveles de las misiones no estuvieran vacios y se pudiera hacer algo en ellos, como por ejemplo buscar enemigos estrategicamente escondidos por usted o cualquiera de los que trabajan en el proyecto GEX de forma temporal mientras las misisones se completan para futuros parches.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mad props to Wreck and SubDrag (and all contributers) for their hard work on making this amazing patch. Can't wait to play MP in Streets! Thanks for all your work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 23 of 60

Jump to: