ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the 19th anniversary of GoldenEye, I will be posting a few new images tonight. Some will feature the other bonus multiplayer map not yet made known what it is. It still needs finalizing, but is ready to show. Check back later or tomorrow for pics.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First glimpse of Statue...

And here is the "new" VR map...

A heavily optimized Archives, which adds brand new connections between the front and back areas of the first floor. Even the library shelves have been edited to use less polygons. There is one additional secret passage not shown. You'll have to find it for yourself. Wink

Oh, and I ended up getting Hills to work in Streets. It felt broken before, showing the Hill on radar way outside the level boundaries. Now the building props actually light up the colour of your team, or orange by default when not acquired by anyone. Some emulators or plugins may not support that, however.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! Can't wait to try it out. Very Happy Great job!

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks really nice!

Is there any progress on the missions? Just wondering.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember reading an article recently or something that mentions that in the original GE007 Cradle and Statue Park were levels that was supposed to be originally used for multiplayer but were taken out sometime during the games development. I'm guessing it was an non-optimized Cradle and/or Statue Park levels. Just a little trivia there about the original game.

I love these screenshots of Archives 1F and Statue. I'll definitely will be testing out these new levels for any hit impact sound errors once this version is released. Speaking of, Wreck, did you ever get to correct any of the hit impact sounds on any of the maps that I laid out for you?

Also how far along is the GE-X team in releasing this new version?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Archives 1F should be finished. I ended up altering some doors a bit. Certain ones were removed to improve flow, some were flipped around to open from the other side, the distance they swing open has increased (to help Sims get by them), and the two former paired doors were replaced with secret sliders (again to help Sims). A darkened slider was added in to try and better blend with the BG in a couple spots. I'd have to custom create a door per doorway to truly camouflage, but that isn't really necessary.

Both Statue and Cradle were tested in GE multi, and their setups still exist in the ROM. You may have already played them. The code to force their stage ID when picking a stage gets them to load. You can quickly see why they went unused. Statue has tons of blackouts, and Cradle can be slow. Also some issues with projectiles passing through architecture in Cradle, which throws off multi action.

Haven't had a chance to test the impact sounds yet, but be sure to keep all your notes together for me.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious on the current mission progress and the animation progress, anything to say or show for these at the current time Wreck?

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Haven't had a chance to test the impact sounds yet, but be sure to keep all your notes together for me.
Alright. Let me know when.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't been able to work on missions in a while, but some were coming along really well. The animations aren't my department, as I have no experience with them. I am hoping that Pavarini can continue his excellent work on them, and maybe get a few fixes in before the new patch. My aim is still early Sept, extending into mid.

Streets VR should be done. I reordered the pickups, removed a couple vehicles (where two were close together), and added bases for Capture the Flag. I haven't had a chance to sit down and play it thoroughly, so hopefully it will be fun enough for players when released.

I know this has been a topic of interest in the past, so I thought I'd give something a try. In the VR level, I placed the unused Depot gate at the end of the road. However, for the mission, I have taken it farther. I extracted the start area of Depot, and tinkered around with it all to fit it on the street. Now there is no longer the dead end that looks out into no man's land, but a direct connection to Depot. The sizing isn't perfect, due to differences between the level design. I may try to correct this to some extent in Depot, when I add in a view of the Streets from the intro spot. It will never be perfect, but certainly no worse than the mega sized Bunker ventilation tower in Surface.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Beautiful work Wreck, loving the detail especially the warehouse showing behind the gate, please keep up the great work and the awesome level of detail.

Gotta tell you, with all the optimizing being done on multiplayer I was afraid that details would also be taken off for single player as well (cause of coop). Glad to see the opposite.

Edit: here's a pic for comparison

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
I'm curious on the current mission progress and the animation progress, anything to say or show for these at the current time Wreck?

Animation progress is coming along quite well now that I've completed the rigging script. It features full IK and it can load pre-IK'd animations onto the rig.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can Blender be used for animations on the editor? Since I have some experience with Blender making custom stuff for Source games. I can provide some samples, if needed.

I have no idea to use the PD/GE editor, though.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Can Blender be used for animations on the editor? Since I have some experience with Blender making custom stuff for Source games. I can provide some samples, if needed.

I don't know much about blender, but last time I tried to import some FBX/BVH files it had some issues. There is the BOS FBX importer which is a Blender Add-On that relies on the official Autodesk FBX SDK. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it works.
Quote:
I have no idea to use the PD/GE editor, though.

Exporting/importing animations are pretty easy for the editor. I've written a guide here that covers installing and exporting animations from the editor.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, just wow... That looks great.
I have a little something Im testing that might help things for you too.
It should imporve framerates while retaining close up detail (with a few extras).

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 24 of 60

Jump to: