ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to share an update from SubDrag. He was able to figure out a way to fix the Bunker monitor rack crashing issue on console! I gave it a test, and it appears to work flawlessly. A very nice, and unexpected, bug correction. Smile

Edit: Another minor update. A piece of the sky block that I never sorted out before has been figured. I messed with it a bit today, and ended up seeing how Rare changed the format. Anyway, it affects six mission maps in total. I'll have to post a comparison shot to show what it does, as it is difficult to explain. But it has to do with long distances in exterior areas.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was just noticing how the Streets VR preview reminds me of the Instanbul multiplayer on 007 TWINE. Fun level Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been working on Cradle, since there were some weird issues going on. I believe I have fixed the sky glitching, which happened on both console and emulation. I'm still screwing around with those long ramps that connect from the Cradle structure to the three struts (like the one you start on in the mission). For whatever reason, you can float as you run quickly down them, and either land on the railing or go over it to your death. Not really sure as to why it happens, so that makes it harder to deal with. If I find some success, I'll post an update.

Oh, I also added lights to the interiors.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance the team will work on getting the escalator mechanism from PD Air Base to work for Facility's (Solo & VR) conveyor belt for this release?

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome Wreck Very Happy Can't wait for the release of the patch...I've been checking shootersforever.com everyday for an update /patch. Thanks for letting us know what is going on.

Last edited by killedbyurmom on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on how high you levitate you could increase the hight of the stan walls.

GE has levitation when in tiny bind and kneeling, but also if you run very fast off a drop or slope.
PD has the same but for the difference that PD allows falling off stans

Cant wait to see the lights on interiors

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did increase the height of the railing clipping, but you can still float up enough to go over it. Not sure how high it needs to be before you can no longer get above it. I tried adding "ceiling" tiles so the player would hit their head on it, but that introduced some other problems (getting stuck, needing to crouch underneath, getting forced under the ramp). I have one idea left to test out. If that doesn't fix it, it may have to wait until another time.

The conveyor belt probably won't be in this patch. We don't know how the escalator functions as of yet, or if it can be altered to work as a moving belt.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The devastator has a conveyor belt for it's ammo so it should be possible using the same mechanism?

Also notice on Cradle it's only on one side where you levitate and fall off. When you walk towards the tower onto the bridge (at the beginning) on the right side of the rail with the structure that's where I notice the falling off issue and levitation occurs. Before you can reach mid-point on the bridge. The left side seems fine and I don't think the issue occurs going back into the Central area of Cradle.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The devastator ammo effect is some type of weird code blocked combined with some animation (it's hardcoded basically). It's not possible to use it for the conveyor belt but I'm sure a solution will be found eventually. In other news animations are coming along well and should be done by this week.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
In other news animations are coming along well and should be done by this week.

Holy crap that is good news, are the animations you've added still going to be based on the Perfect Dark animations or the animations themselves or did you go in and redo all the animations?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had also noticed that as well, Thundera. It was what gave me my last idea. I noticed the bounds of the bridge was further out to that side (right when going down), and wanted to try lining it up perfectly with the bridge edge. After some tweaking, and moving parts from one room into the other, I finally found some success. I tried testing one more simplified concept that only involved the clipping tiles, and it did the trick. Thankfully I didn't have to do the same BG mod thing again to both the other two bridges.

If you look at the bridges (may be easier to tell in Visual Editor window from overhead), you can see that both of the ends that connect to either the strut tower or main Cradle walkway, are wider than the middle. It widens out to the right side (when going down). My fix sees these ends adjusted to be the same (or approximate) width as the center. This appears to have cleared up the floating bug. I tested for a bit at each bridge, and also with Turbo Mode cheat on. Hopefully this is gone for good. This may possibly affect if two bodies can squeeze out those ends (if could originally fit?), but it beats floating over the side. Besides, if someone gets in the way, that's what your gun is for. Wink

During my fixes, I quickly improved the texturing of the bridge railings. The left side had some poorly connected spots, where the upper handle would get really thin. I'm not big on altering too much of Rare's original work, but if you actually look at these, you'll see why it needed it.

Will post light pic tomorrow.

As for animations, I am perfectly happy reusing altered PD ones. Most look great, as it is. Some still need adjustments to where the players hand are, or where the replacement magazine shows. Certain reloads (like the RC-P90) will need to be new, or very heavily modified, since nothing else really suits the style.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
As for animations, I am perfectly happy reusing altered PD ones. Most look great, as it is. Some still need adjustments to where the players hand are, or where the replacement magazine shows. Certain reloads (like the RC-P90) will need to be new, or very heavily modified, since nothing else really suits the style.

I completely agree, if we are transferring all the great features that PD has to make Goldeneye even better I wouldn't want to see animations that weren't in the original unless absolutely necessary and I have mad respect for you guys for sticking to PD's system and as far as the P90 goes I just hope it still will fit the PD style while still being a completely new animation.

I'm seriously stoked for this next patch, can't wait to see what you guys have done!

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am glad you were able to fix that floating on the bridge issue Wreck. Turbo mode is also a good way to see where there are openings where you can fall off to your death. It seems to be gone from your testing so great job there.

I see what you are talking about Wreck, regarding the top cable of the rail on the left side. It does look thin and doesn't connect like on the right side does. That's great you were able to fix that. When I was checking out the bridge falling issue I thought the structure on the right side at the beginning was not connecting when close up but looking again I think that side is fine.

Regarding animations I agree with Wreck using altered PD ones. However, I am okay with the RC-P90 having a new animation to suit it's style. Hey one brand new unique animation shouldn't hurt right.

Wreck did you ever find out if PD uses stock ammo count for the weapon block function? You said that's what the original game used to create the shotgun shell depletion animation.

Forgot to mention did you ever fix the open clip issue with the bottling tanks in Facility Backzone?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As promised...

There are brand new lights in the bottom interior where Trevelyan waits for you to appear after dealing him enough damage, but I'll leave that for the release.

I did add the collisions to the bottling tanks in Fac bz, which I didn't even notice myself before when making the setup. Guess Rare kept the collisions off originally because of the way they clipped the area. Should be fixed now.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 25 of 60

Jump to: