ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So for Silo, it turns out we only need to shift the solo start pad over a small amount in order to give the fourth buddy simulant enough room to spawn in. It's really not even a noticeable difference, unless comparing images together. I think this is the most simple way to fix this issue, without having to create additional catwalk pieces and clipping, then action blocks to detect when in coop mode to make the necessary changes, etc. I doubt anyone is opposed to that? You're still on the same platform, infront of the same ICBM, just about a foot or so to your left. Heck, the majority of people wouldn't even know there was a difference, to begin with. I feel like I can tick this one off the list?

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt many players would even notice the change.

Alternatively,
Have you ever considered starting in the vent shafts? You could also look into the possibility of doing the same thing you're doing for Facility.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If we do use the vent shaft down the road, it may just be for the intro scene. Depending how fancy and in-depth we can get, of course. Show Bond rope repel down, like Joanna in Defection, move through the vents, open the vent cover, climb up the ladder, equip his weapon, and begin as normal. For now, we at least need the levels to work as they are, or as close to as we can get. But yeah, we've definitely thought about utilizing some beta content, and creating new cinema scenes. Smile

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

If we can possibly determine if these buddy coop sims have unique ID's, they might be able to be moved to another pad. Needs some looking into, but some BG alterations (like Facility) will remain necessary.

How can one look into finding these values? -

as for silo -- Aye, it does not matter -

mmm what happens in perfect dark when you appear in a cramped space?

doesn't the alternative entrance to air force one make you appear in a small shaft at the beginning?

im going to look to see if there is a GS code to activate sims while playing 2 player coop, it would be interesting to see where they would appear when player 2 is present in the Villa stage. maybe 2 will appear with player 1 and another 2 with player 2 - that should help narrow down the search for the values or data or whatever....

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finished the additional starting room for coop mode in Aztec. It's about the size of an elevator, and attaches directly onto the room you normally start in. For solo and counter-op modes, you will begin at the regular position, with a wall covering the bonus area. Seems to work pretty well. I'll post photos tomorrow night or Friday, and give more info on it.

In Air Force One, either area you start in is large enough to easily fit all four simulant buddies. The lower cargo hold is pretty big, if you climbed the ladder to get onboard in Air Base.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great, one less problem out of the way! Glad you guys are staying on the ball and watching out for any potential bugs or problems before the release.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the delay. Here's a shot of all four partner sims inside the coop Facility vent...

You may or may not notice that I redid the vents again, making sure to maintain the original colours and shading. Thundera mentioned about a lack of blue tones in the previous version, and he was quite right. This should match very closely.

Now here is your first glimpse at the coop only extra start room in Aztec...

I had some issues moving P1 to the new pad when testing coop. It seems it only works when playing with another human being. It had me concerned until the next day, when I realized that PD missions can move the start point for P1 when needed (Villa and Air Force One), by using an animation to position the player character model in the correct place. So our original method won't be able to do it, but another will. And thankfully in Aztec Bond doesn't do anything other than stand still. Makes that easier.

Onto Frigate. I did some tests, and have been met with success. I've lengthened the "inside" of the boat, by shortening the back section with the flat brown material. I also tweaked the glass, as well as the clipping. Still requires more tests and cleanup, but at least all four sims can spawn in now (only one could before!) without making too many changes to the boat.

------------------------------

I was wondering about something relating to Complex VR. You know the "hidden" wall sections that you can walk through wall panels to get inside? In PD, they opened them up completely. What I am wondering, is if we should not cover them over with the wall, and instead only have the see through vent covers? This also would apply to the one connection at the V-bridge. From one side you only see solid vents. From the other, you can see through. Should that be modified to allow both sides to show through? I think there are issues with projectiles not getting through these areas, or only so from one side. I looked in Visual at these, and it would be easy to change. What do you guys think?

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vent in Facility is looking great with all the space for those four sims to move around. Thanks for taking my advice on the blue color tones.

The new space in Aztec is not that big of a notice. The way you were describing the issue before and changes you were making made me believe you changed a whole lot of stuff at the start point lol. Great job on that.

As for Complex VR, I see what you mean. The projectiles don't go through in GE:X but in GE007 they do. If you add see through vents in GE:X instead of a wall can you be able to shoot at characters from both sides? If you can, then yes, i am okay with you adding see through vent covers in the V-bridge area and all the other wall through areas in the map if it allows projectiles to go through.

P.S. IIRC, I mentioned pages waaaay back in the thread that Caves has another open clip area where players and i believe sims can fall off and die. It's the area where you climb up the top to get to the upper area near the body armor. Once you get to the top, stand and move little by little to the edge of the cliff and you can fall off and die. I believe I posted an image of where it is pages back.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda like the hidden wall area at the complex (in GoldenEye) You felt more like 007 hiding and waiting to ambush someone. I think it would be great if you couldn't be shot behind the hidden wall. Didn't you used to have to rush inside to shoot someone hiding behind the wall?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Explosions.
Rats in holes are weak against explosions.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you thought of making the starting point in Aztec have a door? So it looks more like the original spawn point.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For Aztec, it only affects coop mode, so it isn't a big concern. Putting in a sliding stone door actually might make defeating the three guards at the start easier, as you could get their attention, and then hide behind the closed door. Duck down and blast them as they wait for it to open. That can be one of the trickier parts in the mission, and a door may reduce that difficulty.

I might modify Complex for the new release, and if people dislike it enough, change it back. Sometimes it is worth a test, just like having breakable glass in Facility before.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough. I have been thinking about changing my stance on complex and just leaving it the way it currently is (5d). However, I like this proposal better since it gives players a chance to test the waters and then decide what's best.

Question. Are the weapon animations being worked on at the moment or not? I know it's digging too deep but would like to know all things are moving along right now before a release.

Also Wreck, did you mention something before about changing the seeker's look? If so, do you have plans are working on it for this release?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Are the weapon animations being worked on at the moment or not?
Yes

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you thought of adding the trigger guard texture from the KF7 on some weapons? Since you now see them a bit better, it's odd to see them without it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 29 of 60

Jump to: