ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Made the changes to Complex, so you guys will get a chance to try it out for yourselves next patch. Both GE and GE-X had issues with the original. In GE, you could shoot into the secret rooms from the outside. However, most of the time (though not all) your bullets would hit the backside of the wall while inside firing out. In GE-X, both sides stopped bullets from getting through. This modification allows shots to pass through from either side. You might be able to recreate the walls as secondary draws, but we'll see if that even works when and if needbe.

Alright, so Frigate should be good with all four coop sims now. After redoing the clipping on the boat, and shifting P1's starting pad, they could all spawn in. Now Bond is more "behind the wheel" instead of closer to the middle. It's a rather small modification, especially considering it seems more like a vehicle than a room within the Frigate itself. I took a pic of the change, but I won't have it up until tomorrow.

I hadn't thought about adding a trigger guard to any weapon where it's absent. Perhaps I can, though it likely won't make it into the next patch. Same with the Seeker. Definitely not in next release.

Pavarini is hard at work on them! Going to make for a great update. Smile

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Wreck, I have some important work for you to look into. I saved you some time and did some tests in regards to how the projectiles situation in Library works on both GE and GEX with a few weapons. Now, it seems to me in regards to normal guns (or should I say all firing guns and lasers) go through and hurt both opponents either if one is shooting from the basement and the other shooting from the stacks level. Here is a list of the weapons I really made focus on and their differences in-between games.

1. Remote/Timed/Proximity Mines - In GE and GEX these explosives work the same way from either level being thrown and damage the health of both characters whether being thrown from the stack area or the basement. They can also be thrown from the basement level and attach anywhere in the stack level in close proximity to the vent covered floors. Same situation on both games.

2. Rocket Launchers - In GE and GEX shooting these from both levels of the map affect the characters health damage when being fired from the basement level or the stacks level. The Rockets can be fired from the basement level and reach into the upper stack level. Same situation on both games.

3. Throwing Knives - In both games they do not connect to hit the player from the upper stack level to the basement but they do connect the other character from the basement throwing to the upper stack level. Same situation on both games.

4. Grenades & Grenade Launchers - Throwing grenades from the upper stack level on both games can affect both characters from either level of the map. This goes the same for the grenade launchers as well. Now here comes the difference. In GE when you throw a grenade or fire a grenade from the launcher from the basement level the grenades fall through the vent covered floor and down back onto the basement FLOOR! However, in GEX that is not the case. In GEX when you throw a grenade up onto the upper stack level it stays on the vent covered floor from the stack level of the map but can still affect character's health damage from either the basement level or stack level. So the only difference is the grenades thrown or fired from the basement level fall through the vent covered floors and back down to the basement area in GE but they do not function that way in GEX.

5. Seeker (GE-X only) - This test I did only to see what issues (if any) it has being used. So it seems the Primary function (Homing Missile) functions the same way the Rocket Launchers do in both GE and GEX. They can be fired from the basement level and reach the top upper stack level. The secondary function (Guidied Missile) is where I noticed an issue occurs. When using the guided missile it is impossible to shoot and guide the missile from the stack level to go down from the vent covered floors into the basement level and rightfully so. However, I noticed in one particular vent covered floor in the basement when shooting a guided missile it can go through the vent and reach the upper stack area and be guided anywhere in the stack area even as far as going back down into the basement level again. This awesome feature only works in the one particular vent covered floor in the basement area. What I am wondering is can you make it possible so that the other vent floor cover locations in the basement can have the guided missiles go through them and reach back up to the stack area as well? I wonder why the others can't do the same. Hey maybe you can make it possible to make the guided missiles go through from the stack area as well? If that is possible? Just a thought. What do you think?

Here are images of the vent covered floors in the one particular area in the basement level where the guided missile can go through. Image 1 http://imgur.com/a/yfOSb Image 2 http://imgur.com/KtAZcRo

Side note: I also just tested the vent covered ceiling in Facility's washroom in GEX with all the weapons listed here and it behaves just like the vent covered floor in Library. The vent covered ceiling in Facility also allows the guided missile of the seeker to go through the vent holes and navigate inside the ventilation shaft area!!

Happy Harry
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All these updates look so neat! i cant wait for the new release!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really sure how we can do much of anything about the thrown / launched projectiles through the transparent floor areas. That ultimately has to do with the horizontal, walkable clipping tiles. Not so much the type that is set on the floors, but the way they function in general. You'd have to figure out how that stuff works, and getting into all that could open up more trouble. I doubt we can alter how these spots in Library react to weapons being fired or tossed through them. Strange one area deals with rockets better than the rest. I would imagine I put the same settings on all the see through walkways.

So I couldn't leave Complex well enough alone, of course. I came up with a way to have the walls back in place (seen from outside the secret rooms), while also allowing projectiles to pass through from each side. It looks like the original map once more, but works how the original should have. No more random shots striking the backside of the outer wall. You'd have to think of these fake walls as holograms. In that case, nothing should be blocked by them. Haven't confirmed good on console yet, but I can't see why it wouldn't be.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Happy Harry
Me neither buddy. It's gonna be epic!

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see you were able to put the walls back up in Complex while now having the ability to shoot projectiles through them from both sides like in the original goldeneye game. Hope it works on console as well.

There has to be a fix for the vent covered floors in library if you can be able to do the same with the guided missile in facility's washroom as well. The facility's washroom ceiling also uses the same type of vent cover texture image you see in library. I'm not asking for any of the other projectiles to change or allow the guided missiles to go into the basement. I believe it's impossible for those transparent floors to work that way. All I am asking is to look into the guided missiles being able to go through and reach back into the stack level for the other vents in the basement level of library. There has to be a way to look into them and fix the issue for sure. Hopefully.

Happy Harry
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has their been any work on replacing carington institute with the Mi6 building? its kinda funny seeing all the replaced textures on the walls and what not.
im sure you guys have something up your sleeves for its replacement Razz

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a link to a gif file of the seeker's guided missile in library not able to go through the vent ceiling floors in the basement from one room click image to start animation
Now here's a link to a gif file where the seeker's guided missile in library CAN go through the vent ceiling floors from another room in the basement level click image to start animation
Hope Wreck can fix the issue so that all the vent ceilings in the basement level of library can allow the guided missile to go through them and into the stack area.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take a look. I have a thought regarding the portals, but I don't know if that would cause something like that to happen. Maybe the one that allows the missiles through faces a certain direction, whereas the other ones face the opposite way. If it isn't clipping related, than that is my only other idea.

We have a conceptual map for MI6 HQ, based on scenes in GoldenEye and Die Another Day. Nothing has been taken on physically yet. That will likely be one of the later pieces of this project.

When you guys use words like "epic" to describe the next patch, it sure puts more pressure, hehe. There isn't a lot of new stuff, so I don't want people getting too excited, only to be disappointed. There's been more time on under-the-hood things, learning action blocks and testing missions. Still much we don't know, especially with characters and cooperative mode settings. After all, Perfect Dark is less known, and far less people have spent time digging into it.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Thundera

I've always just run the seeker projectile out of the basement the old fashioned way (going up and around by the ramp) to the upper part . Wouldn't going through the mesh vents just defeat the purpose of them being there? If you wanted an area from the basement to the upper part, why not just take the mesh vents out? I kinda like that you can't go through the vents Smile But..to each his own.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, so the Basement to Stack grating connections are a little different for each one. Some have pieces of the Basement as part of the Stack, while another is the opposite. It turns out, that the specific section where Seeker missiles can pass through, was mishandled. The grating floor actually belongs to the basement beneath it. The clipping file, as ported from the original game as the base, set those clipping tiles room ID to the room below. Technically that is incorrect, and in some cases would be problematic. When setting it to the correct room, the ability to launch Seeker missiles through is disabled. Unfortunately, this is how it should be - when everything is properly dealt with.

There was another grating where the portal was too low. I remember seeing black edges beneath the grating around the walls connected to it before, but didn't look at it directly. Rare either altered the level at some point (what parts belonged where), or they assumed it was the same way as the other single square grating, and set the portal at the same elevation. That's now fixed, which was a good side effect of this search.

We do have a correction... just the opposite of what was desired before. Sorry, but that's the way it needs to be. I'm surprised issues didn't occur because of the error. Still, thanks for pointing it out. Caught two bad things because of it.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I guess this means no more seeker guided missiles going through the vent ceilings for the next release? Then explain why the one in facility's washroom behaves the same way?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I need to look, but I venture to guess the same reason. The clipping on the grating is probably set to the bathroom room ID, rather than the vents. That's the only explanation I can find for this kind of situation. I'll confirm - or not - what's happening there. Heck, there may not even be any clipping there, which would mean no potential obstruction for Seeker missiles.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah okay. Well at least that answers things.

Wreck I want to discuss with you about the watch laser hand rig and model. I think I have a solution that will probably work. I'll pm you my suggestions and whatnot when I have something.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the modified Frigate boat...

Main changes were shortening the backend, thus opening up more space inside, and adjusting the glass windshield. I partly had to alter that for clipping purposes. I did fix one issue underneath the seats (when crouched down and looking beneath them), but the seats still kind of float. May add something to that at another time.

I also tweaked a few things in Aztec (mainly errors in the original map), added lights, and got the moon working in a good spot. This may change before the release some, but it's a start. You can see the black corners right now when clouds appear around it, so we may have to redo the moon as a more complex shape than a square. For now, it's operational...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 30 of 60

Jump to: