ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuaidShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will this still make a way somehow into GoldenEye X?
Maybe as optional Patch?
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=286

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The lighting in Aztec, was it always that good on the original game? Or did you enhance it?

Otherwise, happy my favorite level is getting fixed up.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What texture format and size is the moon?

In any case, It should be drawn first with z dissabled so that clouds can block it and reveal it.
I assume clouds are normally always drawn first, if this cannot be changed then a new combiner might be required on the moon to simulate occlusion and revealing by clouds.

Trev

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aztec moon looks awesome, but if what Trevor says is correct, would this allow the moon to always face us like the old time FPS flat sprites like DOOM?

so far the only objects that behave like that in PD are the Coronas, and i always wondered if we could make other objects behave like that.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz, you mis-understand. This will not turn the moon into a "screen-space sprite".
Its still a 3D quad at a set distance away from the player.

PD does "Fix" distances to player though, eg, open up A51 in PG and you will see that the "horizon" is a cylinder in the middle of the map.
When you play the game this is not true, the cylinder is "centered" around the player, so you can never walk into the "horizon".

Even so, this is not a screen-space sprite, its 3D also.

All my combiner would do is change the way the RDP blends the quad.

If moon draws first, no change is required, clouds should overdraw nicely.

Since there is a problem I must assume that clouds MUST draw first, so, my combiner would "invert" the process a little making the moon appear to be drawn behind the clouds.

1Cycle (for 2 cycle use this as 2nd cycle)
CC1: (1 - 0) * SHADE + 0 //make moon colour of verticies, notice no texture.
AC1: (0 - 0) * 0 + Tex0 //Use alpha texture only

This will have the effect of drawing the moon as normal with a black background (trasparent areas will be black, opaque areas will be vertex colour, semi-transparent areas will be mid-shade)

When a cloud passes over transparent areas will take on the cloud colour while opaque areas will remain coloured.
the loss of contrast will make it look as though the cloud is obscuring the moon while the bright parts of the moon still shine through.

if you want thick cloud the easiest thing to do is make the moon and cloud the same colour so that the moon disapears completly.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been a little busy last week with random things, and may be on the brink of getting a cold. Just wanted to post an update. Pavarini is finishing up a few of the animations, and sent me what he's gotten done. He's fixed up the AR33 and Sniper Rifle, so your hands grip them nicely and hold the replacement magazine well. The Magnum no longer sees your left hand go through the opened cylinder while reloading. The ZMG also repositions the fingers on the grip, so your pinky finger doesn't appear inside it. The RC-P90 is also getting updated. You now hold it correctly, and the reload animation is imported. I had some minor issues with the magazine, but that should be solved very soon. Hopefully the KF7, D5K and Phantom will also all go smoothly for him. Will post info on this stuff when more is ready to come out.

We may have to run a bunch of tests on the moon. I'm not that knowledgeable on the various display list commands, so I may not be the person to deal with it as well. I had problems trying to make the moon room as a secondary draw. Either I did it wrong, or something is hardcoded about these special types. Somebody could try messing with the dD HQ building to see what they can do to get clouds to show over it, or to remove the black corners.

I do like Cradle with the dish and surrounding forest, but we'll have to see later on if it can be used without bogging down frame rate. Remember, coop mode is harder on performance, and the added geometry could slow it right down.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Been a little busy last week with random things, and may be on the brink of getting a cold. Just wanted to post an update. Pavarini is finishing up a few of the animations, and sent me what he's gotten done. He's fixed up the AR33 and Sniper Rifle, so your hands grip them nicely and hold the replacement magazine well. The Magnum no longer sees your left hand go through the opened cylinder while reloading. The ZMG also repositions the fingers on the grip, so your pinky finger doesn't appear inside it. The RC-P90 is also getting updated. You now hold it correctly, and the reload animation is imported. I had some minor issues with the magazine, but that should be solved very soon. Hopefully the KF7, D5K and Phantom will also all go smoothly for him. Will post info on this stuff when more is ready to come out.

Thanks for the update, mate, and I hope you feel better soon.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update Smile I hope ya get feeling better as well..that cold stuff is NO fun! Can't wait to see the new animations

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, aren't the display list commands where you can change the HUD (possibly to the original one) meter and add ammo icons on screen? And wouldn't that be where one would go to add the bleeding mess death animation on screen?

You forgot to mention the two shotgun versions for fixes. Hopefully including the shell depletion feature. *fingers crossed*

Anyway, thanks for the update. Hope you can fight off that cold. I can't wait for the next set of animation updates.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still fighting off the cold, but getting better. Minor updates. We got the RC-P90 reload animation cooperating. It is being tweaked for timing, but is looking very nice. Also, a crashing issue from the past (5c patch) reappeared recently, as found by Pavarini. Thankfully SubDrag had some notes from when he had fixed it before, and quickly dealt with it. As of right now, I don't believe any game breaking bugs exist.

The death screen stuff is more complicated, and if ever supported, won't be until later on. The display lists are what draws all the textures for models (background, props, weapons, characters, etc). Zoinkity may be the only person who knows about the GE death screen and HUD, but he hasn't spent much time with PD by comparison.

Shotgun shells currently remain the same. It was some special logic in GE, which may be difficult to support in PD.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Still fighting off the cold, but getting better. Minor updates. We got the RC-P90 reload animation cooperating. It is being tweaked for timing, but is looking very nice. Also, a crashing issue from the past (5c patch) reappeared recently, as found by Pavarini. Thankfully SubDrag had some notes from when he had fixed it before, and quickly dealt with it. As of right now, I don't believe any game breaking bugs exist.

Wow a bug reappeared again, good thing it got dealt with quickly. Great to hear the RC-P90 is coming along well.

Wreck wrote:
The death screen stuff is more complicated, and if ever supported, won't be until later on. The display lists are what draws all the textures for models (background, props, weapons, characters, etc). Zoinkity may be the only person who knows about the GE death screen and HUD, but he hasn't spent much time with PD by comparison.

Ahh okay, gotcha gotcha.

Wreck wrote:
Shotgun shells currently remain the same. It was some special logic in GE, which may be difficult to support in PD.

I see. I was thinking if it would've been possible to use the special feature that is currently used for the pistols but I don't think that will work for the shells either. That's okay.

I still think the shotguns need to be tweaked with the way they are currently held. Not their reload animations though.

Wreck have you done the hit impact sounds yet? I believe all the links to the image illustrations still work. Just remember to check the single thread about them I created.

Also I pm'd you an idea of how the watch laser can be possible work for all wrists. Maybe you and Pavarini may want to try it working on it after the current weapon animations are done? I honestly think the way to figure out what works is by replicating the arm and hand rig and tweaking it each time until a certain part of the wrist is not visible on screen.

Hopefully that nasty cold goes away.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pavarini has just sent me new animations for the watch laser, and they are really nice! Far better than our previous incarnation. They better represent how it looked in the original. Perhaps he can share an image or gif of it in action soon.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The model has no 'arm' so I had to break Mr Bond's wrist to get the watch to fit. mp4 gif

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pavarini my man you are a GENIUS!

See you took my idea right? I felt if part of the wrist was cut off and blocked off by the fingers on the right hand it could possibly work.

This is GREAT Pavarini! Two Thumbs up to you my man!

Edit: I was looking just now I think the beam if possible needs to be re-adjusted so that it looks like it's coming out of the watch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 31 of 60

Jump to: