ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Personal choice, this one, but I think the fists from PD are more convincin than the slappers. "
I have to agree here, the punches are far superior to slaps.
Persides, apart from the name "Slappers Only" isnt the animation just copieing what bond did to Xenia in the car? Ive alway thought so and this was in fact a chop to the back of the neck, not a slap.

Depending on how the rotate falcon animation is triggered (its either distance or distance and direction, hopefully the latter) you could use the chop if behind a guard.

The sniper secondary is a dificult one. Both are good. I would disagree though to replace punch with rifle unless it was replaced by any object in inventory, but that wont happen. (argument here being that why would you punch someone if you had any object to hit them with)

Laser and remote detonator, I really hope these do work.

Blood animationa I think has been mentioned before. It would probably require injecting the display list in though which might be something for zoink to add.

Regarding P90, The original models magazine was farr too tall in hight and fat in width. As you can see in my comparison shots.
The sights also come too far back which will block the animation.
Ive updated the image above to show a ghost mag in the out position.

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My guess for the sniper-slaps would be to use a secondary mode to make up for the lack of one on the unarmed.

Maybe make it so you get a sniper as 2nd ammo (think of how the Super Dragon gives you both explosive and bullet ammo) and use the secondary ammo as a "sniper" as the other ammo when you pick it up.

The secondary mode would require the said sniper ammo, but would not deplete when used, you can only get one of them, to prevent any bugs?

Animation abuse could be possible to prevent you from seeing the sniper when you do not have it. Since some weapons in GE/PD have separate empty animations, the empty animation would place the Sniper too far inside the FOV to see. It'd function normally with the said ammo.

I have no clue if such a thing can be adjusted for 3rd person, though.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Id still maintain my own view that secondary unarmed remain disarm.

The comunity of course is split on this view and that of getting rid of it totally.
(The third option viewd by some was to allow keeping the disarm so long as the dizzy effect was shortened and not persistent across deaths, I would be in favour of this too since it allows keeping the function and effect)

I tried to re-enable it before in editor under Game Configuration (previously known as 21990 before it became so much more) however in-game it could not be selected.
I think it was an error in rom as there were other issues but I cant remember them now. Im sure I posted them before.

Trev

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about best of both worlds? Secondary option for melee, slapping, and slapping only disarms?

No dizzying effect, as wreck has already stated that it is exclusive to the Tazer, which I think is a good idea.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The "Slapper" chop is definitely in progress. In fact, Pavarini has already supplied us with one of the two animations, and it's really a great representation of the original. Once the second animation is completed and imported into the ROM, we'll have a fully functional unarmed chop. We've already updated the AI's pattern and speed for their unarmed melee attacks, and have extended your reach slightly. It should be an approximate match to GoldenEye 007. Whether or not disarm as a secondary function makes an appearance, that's still open. I just hate being disarmed by Sims constantly.

I remember AstroBomber mentioning once before about how the bullets used by the Cougar Magnum were silver in colour, when looking at the ammo icon shown on screen. So, I decided to try it out. At first, I figured it was just changing the texture on the bullets within the Cougar model file, but it went beyond that. You see, the spent casings that fall out of the cylinder while reloading... are the same bullets that eject from other pistols and machine guns. It's the "GcartridgeZ" file. Because of that, I needed to steal the ejected casings used by the Reaper. Now the regular casings have been changed to a more silver tone, and drop out from the magnum. The bullets you place back in need a bit more tweaking, but they are also now silver.

Sniper secondary will remain crouch. And there's a very good reason for that, too. There's only so many melee attacks you can set, and we're already at the current limit. Between all four PP7's, the DD44, the Cougar, and the Knife, that's seven. I think that's all the game currently allows, at least when it comes to one section in the 39850 index file that sets which weapons feature a secondary melee. Been a while since I looked at this, though.

Trevor: Your ghost image of the updated P90 definitely reminds me of the changes I have made to the original, with the obvious exception that you've made it look higher quality. But, the new GE-X version still looks very much like the normal RC-P90, so it shouldn't throw off tradition.

If we were to change the Watch Laser, it would require adding in the right hand, adjusting the angle and position of the left hand and watch, and attempt to replicate how it appeared in GE. I'm not really fond of how the watch is in GE-X, as it works like the Laser from PD. It tries to fit onto your wrist, but many characters have different arms. GE had a standard wrist, but changed the sleeve within the same model. So Rare could model it to sit on that wrist perfectly. In PD, there's room to play, so it can almost appear to float. It's something that could use more time, but it's annoying being a wristwatch instead of some clunky mounting like PD had.

Is there really a purpose having the detonator be its own weapon? I know that's what GE did, but I don't know if it's necessary anymore. Plus, it might be hard setting that up, since there are Remote Mine IDs hardcoded, which SubDrag had to locate and update when we moved things around. It might be a nightmare to get the detonator to be its own ID with all those special settings for it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One question, will there be a new reload animation for the Golden Gun?

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Question, Wreck is it possible to enable the disarm function on campaign only and disable it for VR? Because I also hate being disarmed by sims as well.

Memory is fuzzy, but did they ever show Scaramanga reload the golden gun? Did it have a Mag or did he load it one bullet at a time?

I think maybe the golden gun would be the only weapon to warrant an off screen reload, for enigmatic purposes.

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G14Classified wrote:

Memory is fuzzy, but did they ever show Scaramanga reload the golden gun? Did it have a Mag or did he load it one bullet at a time?

I think maybe the golden gun would be the only weapon to warrant an off screen reload, for enigmatic purposes.

The movie didn't show Scaramanga, reloading the golden gun after shooting one bullet only. There's a part in the movie where it shows how he connects the parts of the golden gun together. In 007 GoldenEye Reloaded, the game shows the reload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8jfS5yKTyc ( at 1:18 )

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Omegacop_jp wrote:

The movie didn't show Scaramanga, reloading the golden gun after shooting one bullet only. There's a part in the movie where it shows how he connects the parts of the golden gun together. In 007 GoldenEye Reloaded, the game shows the reload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8jfS5yKTyc ( at 1:18 )

This might clear things up. Skip to about a minute in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfRAbLmwNrc

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe. It shows you right on the film poster...

The upper back piece would flip down, to reveal an interior where the bullet casing would fall out when you tip it back, and then you'd insert a new golden bullet in place, and flip it closed.

Unfortunately, functions are shared between mission campaign and VR mode. So whatever you give to a weapon will be available throughout any mode in the game.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Believe me this is the first time I saw the poster of the movie. Rolling Eyes Laughing

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[insert some messenger joke here]

Code:

Hey Shootersforever clan,

After reading what Wreck and a few others viewpoint on the Sniper Rifle I decide to take back what I suggested before about recreating the butt end of the Sniper to attack and instead I agree with everyone else that the secondary function should remain as crouch. Especially if that function deems more useful and beneficial to eveyone.

The Slappers should be in there as it's part of the James Bond 007 world and it's a classic move that is synonmous with the series. Playing GE-X with the fists just doesn't seem or feel right to me. It feels like it belongs in the PD world.

I am not crazy about the disarm function. I found it completely annoying against sims in PD. I would rather it not be in the game. However, with the Tazer coming out and it possibly having the dizzy effect, maybe bring the disarm function for the tazer as a secondary function makes more sense when thinking about the stunning situation on a player.

Yes I am hoping with you too Trevor in that the watch laser and Remote Detonator animations are possible. Especially since they use the same arm and hand adjustments.

@Pavirni - I know the GE-X development team are not using the original GE rigs cause Wreck explained a while back that it is impossible to use them with how PD's new arm and hand rigs engine work and whatnot. What I was trying to say was I hope the adjustments for the angles of the arm, hands, and fingers can be replicated.

And great work correcting the reload bullet colours for the cougar magnu7m to their original true colors.

It'll also be really awesome when you get stuff like the remote detonator in too!

Anyways just thought I put my two cents in there and chime with you guys.

Astro

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hehe. It shows you right on the film poster...

[img]
The upper back piece would flip down, to reveal an interior where the bullet casing would fall out when you tip it back, and then you'd insert a new golden bullet in place, and flip it closed.

Unfortunately, functions are shared between mission campaign and VR mode. So whatever you give to a weapon will be available throughout any mode in the game.

Holy sh*t Roger Moore is so ugly.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly feel like disarm shouldn't be a feature in GE: X.

The original GE never had such a feature, and adding so kinda turns the tides to a more PD feel, which GE is clearly not.

I know accuracy was never 100% consistent in this project (Who am I saying? I always want to shove random stuff in this project), but I think it's for the better to make disarming not a feature.

Disarming would change a-lot of the feel people liked about GE's multi, since you got a sense of reward when you got a rare weapon and mowed down others with it. In PD, someone could just take it away in a "no fun allowed" like fashion.

Not to mention, PD had an issue where everyone would just disarm each-other and made for almost no gunplay, which is what FPS games are for, correct?

The blurs where another problem, as they lagged and killed the N64's frame-rate. But I feel like there is some sort of improvement for this feature if you remove the worst part of the disarm, which is the system taxing blurs.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Is there really a purpose having the detonator be its own weapon? I know that's what GE did, but I don't know if it's necessary anymore. Plus, it might be hard setting that up, since there are Remote Mine IDs hardcoded, which SubDrag had to locate and update when we moved things around. It might be a nightmare to get the detonator to be its own ID with all those special settings for it.

Erm, nope, not really. I forgot about this being the secondary of mine.
Doesnt the secondary have a remote thingy?
*Checks*
Ah yes, its held in the left hand.

OK, so, how about this.

As both detonator and mine are held on-screen, throwing the mine is just as-is.
However when B is held to get to secondary the left arm comes accross and when the trigger is pulled the right arm snaps accross, presses the button and snaps back.

I suppose, depending on how the original animation chooses between 'throwing' the mine and pulling the trigger on the detonator (the left index finger moves I think, actually ill take a closer look)

Ok, yes she does...

Ok, lets start again a sec.

Current animation:
    Both arms on-screen
    Trigger Down = Hide mine
    Trigger Release = Throw Mine
    B Down = Switch to secondary (Hold, not toggle like other guns)
    B Release = Switch back to primary
    B Down + Trigger Down = Pull Left arm down slightly and squeeze detonator trigger
    B Down + Trigger Release = nothing

Proposed animation:
A
    Right arm on-screen, left arm Off-screen
    Trigger Down = Hide mine
    B Down = Switch to secondary (Hold, not toggle like other guns) Hide right arm, show left arm.
    B Down + Trigger Down = Show right arm, Using right arm, press watch on left arm
    B Down + Trigger Release = nothing

B
    Right arm on-screen, left arm Off-screen
    Trigger Down = Hide mine
    B Down = Switch to secondary (Hold, not toggle like other guns) show left arm.
    B Down + Trigger Down = Bring right arm accross to left arm over watch
    B Down + Trigger Release = Using right arm, press watch on left arm

Golden Gun sounds cool, although on the technical side Im amused at the posters lack of thought. Where exactly is the hammer in that little flap and also how is that little flap a pressure chamber?

Oh, nice video of the replica... hmm, ok, so I shouldnt blame the poster, I should blame the prop designer hahaha.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 5 of 60

Jump to: