ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never said the model was better, I just thought it would be cool to have in GE:X with the proper balance changes to make it a worthwhile weapon. Something that makes it stand out yet doesn't fully replace the original Kf7 so the player will still use both.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This model looks much more like the current one than the Beta Trevor version.
On the other hand I think adding beta elements is good provided it consists of an added, I always think that the additions are good but not the substitutions that away from the original GE. For example Wreck made the lamps for the level Archives (although built again) which if they were in Beta GE, and this change I like because it is an added that nothing remains to the level.

I am sure that many people like me think with this project can serve a bit to recover a bit of Beta GE and that there is a certain nostalgia that made less of what would have been the game had there not been these changes. The truth and from what I have read for years does not seem to drastically affect the development of history or levels of GE, rather affects some models and textures (some of them are in the rom and can be discovered with a gameshark) .

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know things are still being worked on (a couple reload animations ,..etc.) but I'm just excited to get a new patch of what they HAVE done. I just hate to see the patch pushed back any further. I know they have their own lives though and I'm grateful of what all the team have accomplished in their spare time.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Saturn, you may have mis-understood, or maybe I wasnt clear but the posted image is NOT the beta version.
Its a comparison of real v final version (though modified to be shiny rather than using the static texture)

haha, I think we all want to see the new patch, but just like GF, Id rather see it done properly rather than rushed.

Trev

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

olllll0 here:

no rushed patches, rushed patches really parches my rushle Evil or Very Mad

but about the crossbow, lets turn it on to a Baron Samedi blow dart thing -
have not seen he movie in ages but i believe this is Bond movie accurate no?

either way i am sure there is blow darts in the Bond universe, but not sure if it is true for live & let die

edit:

i do need a fix to the editor that allows me to edit the unarmed, disarm function - i miss having secondary punch options
i am aware that i could accomplish this thru hex editing, is there away to use the editor to hex compare the original 'recipe' of PD's punch disarm to GE X's Punch disarm?

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got another question, surprising right?

There's been many rumors that a Daniel Craig playermodel would be made for GE:X, is there any truth to this?

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a possibility, that if GE:X has leftover weapon slots compared to PD, that you can import TWINE weapons to fill it up?

I could rip the models, if needed.

Model render of the Raptor Magnum, in case some want proof of me ripping. (Model has been slightly edited to look better in a 360 view in GE:X's menu.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see the possibility, especially of filling the classic weapon slots with TWINE weapons. Looks very well his Raptor Magnum model and looks very good, only remains to Wreck and the rest of the GEX team (which is not exactly who is formed and who makes the decisions to incorporate or eliminate something) likes the models . I think this has a lot of work, get the first person models, and third person, focus the snouts of weapons, find the proper functions for each weapon, divide each weapon into mobile parts and animate them in moving parts and recharges. It supposes much more work for the project and would be a time that would accept if it takes a little more a patch with these things. This makes me happy to know that I am not the only one who wants to be the gates of other games, since in this I felt something alone.

Fillerthefreak if you get ripped arms models from the Turok saga, it would be fantastic, since some of them share the functions of some PD weapons. good job.
for example:
-Magsec of Turok 2, (the same function as the Magsec of PD)
-Machine-gun of any of the Turok (same function as the Reaper PD)
-Shootgun of Turok Dinosaur Hunter (you can do the same explosive function with the function of the Phoenix of PD)

These would be the weapons that he would sustain, the rest would leave him as he is:

Current Guns in GEX-5d My List of Classic Weapons
-Eagle 5 -Wolfram P2K from TWINE
-Tri-9 -MagSec from Turok 2
-PCMI70 -PCMI70
-RC-P60 -RC-P60
-K7 Aggressor -MachineGun from Turok Dinosaur H
-AR54 -Mustang MAR-4GL from TWINE
-OpTech 20 -Optech 20
-Hallucinogun -Hallucinogun

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
-Hallucinogun -Hallucinogun

What game is the Hallucinogun in, please?

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is the psychosis gun, which was renamed in the latest patches as hallucinogun

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
It is the psychosis gun, which was renamed in the latest patches as hallucinogun

I see, thanks.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know how I feel about moving some TWINE weapons to Goldeneye X, for the most part the beta model and maybe a few modified PD weapons would be cool to add but I don't think I'd want to mix GE:X and TWINE together.

However, maybe someone could port the TWINE weapons to GE:X as an alternate patch once we make some official headway with GE:X.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have perhaps a double objective when I think of modifying weapons in GEX, I think only of the classic weapons slot, except for the Seeker weapon (currently Slayer, which I think needs a new model to remove that Skedar and futuristic aesthetic). I do not see any harm until the rest of the GE weapons are touched, bringing weapons never seen before in GE and PD, which gives the mod a bit of freshness. The other objective would be that the classic weapons had a less futuristic aesthetic, and get an aesthetic more agrees with the era of GE, that's why I chose TWINE weapons and only some of Turok (since the rest of Turok's weapons if Which are futuristic)

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
...(currently Slayer, which I think needs a new model to remove that Skedar and futuristic aesthetic)...

Maybe it could use PD's rocket launcher model? That looks more modern and human-made than the Slayer's model.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
...(currently Slayer, which I think needs a new model to remove that Skedar and futuristic aesthetic).

I agree, just doesn't seem to look right in GE alongside everything else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 48 of 60

Jump to: