ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Pavarini

Is there any way you can put a video together showing every gun's animations as like a trailer/teaser for the newest patch? This way we could see all the improvements to the guns and their animations with full video and sound!

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't been able to work on the animations within the last month due to work, but things have slowed down now so I can get back into finishing those animations. Not much has changed since the last video I posted.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am happy to know that Pavarini is back, I am happy to know that people recover free time to dedicate it to the project and other things, by the way you can get an animation for PP7 like the wolfram P2K game TWINE, I mean To the animation that twists and unscrews the silencer of the weapon? This may be a good idea to win a slot for some new weapon for the mod.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Animation wise it can be done, as to *coding this in I have no idea.

*Weapon block programming

Last edited by pavarini on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not know what you mean by the Pavarini coding.
Maybe it is more appropriate to do this the animation you have used for the Rocket launcher, only instead of inserting the rocket into the gun, the silencer is inserted into it, this animation may be easier to implement. You may have asked too much with the animation of unscrewing and screwing the muffler. By the way I forgot to mention applying this animation to the weapon DK5 Silenced, with which we would get 2 free slots instead of one.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The issues with having an animation to attach a suppressor to weapons are: it would be assumed that Bond always has a suppressor on him, and isn't something he collects. So you could use the "silenced" version of the PP7 in any mission where Bond is equipped with regular PP7 (including Archives - where the guards frisked him). Also, the D5K in Control could be silenced. The suppressed version of the weapon would need to be the secondary function, so that takes away the ability to pistol whip with the PP7.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like these ideas at all. Please leave the PP7 & D5K silenced animations as is. Thank You.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Wreck and Thundera... Also, my issue is that the reloading animations in TWINE have a different style and feel to them as opposed to Perfect Dark and Goldeneye. You go messing with detail of one animation, it would make the other ones feel "off" IMO. That being said, I do like the animations for TWINE within the game itself. Just not in a Rare game.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are right both Wreck and all. I had thought a little about what Wreck says, and it is true that the silencer can then be counted in all the missions and that would not be good.
Let me take a little bit of the novelty into the possibilities of the PD engine, and I had thought about how to reduce the number of weapons a bit to leave gaps of free weapon slots for new weapons. I mean, maybe I was a bit blind with those ideas.

Sorry for my inglers but I do not know what to say killedbyurmom.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:

Sorry for my inglers but I do not know what to say killedbyurmom.

Your English is fine..you should hear my Spanish Wink

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Wreck
So what's the deal with the Daniel Craig as a playable bond rumor that is floating around?

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having the animation for putting on or removing a silencer sounds cool to me. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying that I don't like the idea of attaching / removing the suppressor from weapons, I am just pointing out what negative things happen when using it. It must be a function swap. Primary unsuppressed, Secondary suppressed. Right there you lose the ability to pistol whip with the PP7. Also, there is no way to control if Bond has the suppressor or not, which allows the player to silence their PP7 and D5K at any time. Yes, it's a neat idea and would look good as an animation, but without the necessary total control, it doesn't fit quite right in GoldenEye.

Hehe, where is this Daniel Craig rumour appearing? I know people have asked about it, but it tends to get shot down most of the time.

We have an idea for the Seeker, but it will take some time to set up and get running. The Seeker is a special bonus weapon, only available through menu selection. You won't have it appear normally while switching through weapons, so if its appearance doesn't exactly fit in with the rest of the GE models, at least it isn't blatantly obvious. That being said, we might have some fun with it.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Almost everyone who knows the GEX project, will know perfectly that it is a mod of the original game GE, perhaps even know the original game, knowing that player in which levels begins with the silenced weapons, and in which levels begins with the weapons without silence. With this I mean that a fan of this mod, may have the option to choose whether to use the muffler or not, and that decision of the player will influence slightly in the degree of difficulty to overcome a level, for example if that player chooses the silencer At a level where it is assumed that in GE it does not start with that player will know that he will play the level with a little advantage, but if the player chooses to play the level as he would in normal GE, that player will know that the difficulty is The fair and the most similar to the original game. Summarizing I mean, that would be an option of the player in the mod, if you want to play as in the original game or with the added advantage, it will always depend on the player.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually tried importing the seeker into PD, but I dont understand enough about pd weapons as it didnt render properly.

I learned that guns are 1-Peice z-buffered, but the hand positions confused things.

How far did you get with it yourself?

I think you said you were going to import into GE first?
At least you dont need to split it.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 49 of 60

Jump to: