ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5d-beta Patch Released! @ 01-29-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a little look at some weapon updates. First off, the silver bullets used by the Cougar Magnum...

The casings that drop out of the cylinder are a modified copy of the original GcartridgeZ file, which now uses desaturated versions of the normal yellow / gold textures. It's now its own special type, solely used by the magnum. These casings replace those weird blue dart looking ones that belonged to the Reaper. I've also fixed an issue that was present even with in regular Perfect Dark, where the casings that drop out from your mirrored left gun were drawn inside out. Very hard to tell on console, which is probably how it got overlooked to begin with.

The bullets you place into the gun are modified copies of the original golden coloured bullets the DY357 magnum used. They use the same scheme as the spent casings.

Here's the modified RC-P90. I may still need to make very minor tweaks to it, but it's near final - assuming everything works out when a reload animation is taken on for it. Also note that you can now see ejected casings, as their position was adjusted.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah... About the casings for the P90.... They are supposed to drop from the bottom of the gun, so actually you moved them to the wrong place.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9fipZVG2ZqQ?autoplay=1&FORM=VIRE1

hehe, it has to be said that silver casings do look odd over standard Brass hehehe, but they fit the original GE icon.

One thing about the loading model for the cases going into the magnum. The cases should be bound by a clip which is then removed (well, we can say it is removed, since the animation of indavidual cases falling out is cool).

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToY_nuH-SOAz-bk8Q2T3ah1cXujW9x2IBV8PQhJTMZN68fTq1WD0nAGGg[/img]

actually.... just re-looked at the image and I think that since the clip is so un-noticable, we can assume that GEX is already doing this and we just cant see it hahaha

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this will probably be done. But has any plans for the damage for the autoguns been corrected to GE's damage level? (The annoying blue ones on that cling into ceilings, I mean)

I know in GE, they did the same amount of damage as the RC-P90. I remember that they where nerfed out in PD, I believe. Or is that me going nuts?

Also, I had the idea where something could be place around in each hard to reach room in GE, like the cheese in Perfect Dark. My guess would be the beakers in Facility, since the group of them on-top of the vent was an Easter-egg in itself.

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great. Surprised

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love it!

I really must get a PC, get a copy of PD modded to GE:X and then try it out on the EverDrive!!!

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats awsome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, GE wasn't completely accurate in the way they captured weapon performance. We could try and update certain things, like how I removed muzzle flash from any weapon using a suppressor, and that could also come down to how the casings are ejected. For now, I'm just trying to replicate where they came out from the originals.

I believe the autoguns in PD did use the damage value stored in the RC-P90 function block, but I at some point during GE-X development changed it to use the ZMG instead. This may be changed back, but because of how the moment of invulnerability in between shots is gone, it seemed like drones firing like a P90 would absolutely destroy a player. They were already deadly enough in GE, but in PD... they are ridiculous.

As for Easter Eggs... Trust me. There will be Easter Eggs. Wink

Yeah, as fun as it might be playing GE-X on an emulator, console makes it so much better. Aside from some random texture issues still needing to be fixed (mipmapping on certain greyscale images), it's the best way to play it.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Wreck

I tested out changing the damage of the RCP-90 in GE, and it did indeed change the damage of the autoguns.

So yeah, they are using the same damage.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, new member here but long time lurker. I am a huge fan of this mod. I have been following the latest development details and have a few thoughts suggestions opinions and bugs I want to point out to everyone here. Especially including to the GE-X development team. Here is my view on everything going on now. First.

G14Classified wrote:
Quote:
I think maybe the golden gun would be the only weapon to warrant an off screen reload, for enigmatic purposes
I have to agree with G14Classified here. The Golden Gun should be treated as a "Special" and unique weapon that should not have a reload animation. On top of that it only reloads one bullet and has it's fair shair of delayed reload time. The Golden Gun should be the only gun that should remain simple with no strings attached. I say leave it be the way it currently is.

Fillerthefreak wrote:
Quote:
I honestly feel like disarm shouldn't be a feature in GE: X.

The original GE never had such a feature, and adding so kinda turns the tides to a more PD feel, which GE is clearly not.

I know accuracy was never 100% consistent in this project (Who am I saying? I always want to shove random stuff in this project), but I think it's for the better to make disarming not a feature.

Disarming would change a-lot of the feel people liked about GE's multi, since you got a sense of reward when you got a rare weapon and mowed down others with it. In PD, someone could just take it away in a "no fun allowed" like fashion.

Not to mention, PD had an issue where everyone would just disarm each-other and made for almost no gunplay, which is what FPS games are for, correct?

The blurs where another problem, as they lagged and killed the N64's frame-rate. But I feel like there is some sort of improvement for this feature if you remove the worst part of the disarm, which is the system taxing blurs.
I agree with everything you said here 100%. The constant disarming for sims makes a game not so fun anymore. This is why I rather not have disarm function. On top of that the blurring at the same time would just worsen the frame rate. At least if the blur effect is going to be used have it not be so strong like it was in PD so that way it doesn't eat up fps. I say leave GE-X as GE was in it's simplistic form. It's the reason why I believe more people enjoyed GE007 Multiplayer than PDs. Look at the number of Multiplayer videos of GE007 there are on youtube compared to PD's Multiplayer videos. Plus I've seen most people acknowledge GE007s multiplayer than PD's.

Bugs: I found a new open clip error where human players can fall to their death in Caves. It's a new location. There's a short clip on the link here New cave death location

In Caverns the eyelid doors do not meet up full way to close I had provided two images to show from front of the door and a closer look into the gap of where the closings meets. Eyelid door front view and Eyelid door close up view

Solo Mission Preview - Bunker I. One door in Bunker has the same issue as the eyelid door in Caverns VR where it does not meet up full way to close. I provided two images for the door showing the front view and a closer look into the gap as well. Double doors and Double doors close up view

Also would like to point out the Bunker preview level's hanging monitors no longer fall off and explode. Neither do they in VR mode. Perhaps this can be looked at after all the weapons issues are taken care of.

The egyptian VR open clip error is the long staircase that leads down to the water flood area. Not the other staircases where there is two cases going down. Just the one with the single long staircase is where players can die.

I also suggest the GE-X Development team might want to have a look at Filler's bugtesting thread he makes some fine points there too.

Regarding the updates of the Cougar Magnum and RC-P90....Nice. The Magnum bullets that reload back into the barrel look so much like the original GE Bullet icon. Good going.

The new RC-P90 model looks great Wreck. I think the way the RC-P90 should be held should be with two hands shown on the video link Trevor provided above. The casings are corrected. In GE64 the solo mission shows the RC-P90 casings falling to the side like shown in Wreck's newest images. At least in Multi you won't see them falling at all so it would be like they are falling at the bottom as the guy mentioned in the video link.

Sorry for the long post. I wanted to put it all out there much earlier but had trouble locating my clarification email to allow me access to log in to my account.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Thundera8589, Yeah I feel like the reload animation for the goldengun in modern bond games shown in the posts above are crude and harsh, especially how its flipped closed. The goldengun is a fine graceful weapon so unless a fine and graceful reload animation can be achieved maybe an off screen reload would do the trick. Its a gentleman's weapon after all, not one of your cheap mass produced standard issues.

On the other hand as seeing how reload times have changed on most of the arsenal and are longer, cause of the reload animations, maybe the time to reload the golden gun should be lengthened a bit, maybe.

Hows progress btw?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the problem with the monitor racks is they would fall and crash console.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any updates for us to read, please?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not much at the moment, I'm afraid. I've been very busy these last two months, and am currently fighting off a cold. Most recent news would be that Pavarini is working on weapon animations, and I do have a "new" VR level in the works. It's a stage from GoldenEye that we all know, but with some new twists. Nothing super exciting, though should be fun. I had an issue last time I tried converting it from GE mode to PD, but haven't gotten to look into it. Hopefully something small and easy to correct.

I do think about this project often, coming up with ideas on all sorts of things. It's just that time lately hasn't been as open to me. I'll try to get back at it soon. I thank everybody for their patience, and continued support. Smile

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Not much at the moment, I'm afraid. I've been very busy these last two months, and am currently fighting off a cold. Most recent news would be that Pavarini is working on weapon animations, and I do have a "new" VR level in the works. It's a stage from GoldenEye that we all know, but with some new twists. Nothing super exciting, though should be fun. I had an issue last time I tried converting it from GE mode to PD, but haven't gotten to look into it. Hopefully something small and easy to correct.

I do think about this project often, coming up with ideas on all sorts of things. It's just that time lately hasn't been as open to me. I'll try to get back at it soon. I thank everybody for their patience, and continued support. Smile

Thanks for the update, mate. It'll be great to have a new level to play in.

Sorry to hear that you're ill, hope you get well soon.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

I often want to ask that same question. But I know it would put bad pressure on you.
It's just that it's just pretty damn good as it is. If you think about what's coming and can be done withn the engine etc... GE:X is such an exciting project. Take care while we're hyped lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 6 of 60

Jump to: