ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Whats upcoming for Goldeneye X?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Whats upcoming for Goldeneye X? Reply with quote Back to top

What new features will be expecting in the next version of Goldeneye X?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As in the upcoming release, or the one after that?

Upcoming: extra VR levels, new weapon animations, two more mission level previews, one or two in progress missions, Taser, Platinum Gun, other fixes or additions to VR maps, added lights to some mission backgrounds, GameBoy Transfer Pak cheat unlock support (with a different GBC game), and more?

Next time: more weapon updates, and focus on the mission campaign.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for that, Wreck. Was never really confirmed on the main thread so it's nice to have a solid list of changes!

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mission campaign Razz

I think that nothing else is more expected in the GoldenEye World like the finished GoldenEye X ( Ok and maybe GoldenEye: Source campaign )

keep on working. Its really great what you do, and also what you did so far.

Dreams become true Smile
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Wreck"]As in the upcoming release, or the one after that?

Upcoming: extra VR levels, new weapon animations, two more mission level previews, one or two in progress missions, Taser, Platinum Gun, other fixes or additions to VR maps, added lights to some mission backgrounds, GameBoy Transfer Pak cheat unlock support (with a different GBC game), and more?

Next time: more weapon updates, and focus on the mission campaign.[/quote]

Wow awesome Smile Platinum Gun? sounds like a weapon from Everything or Nothing Very Happy thats really awesome

looking forward to the update just have to figure out how to install Goldeneye X Properly this time

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheMaskedMutant wrote:
Wow awesome Smile Platinum Gun? sounds like a weapon from Everything or Nothing Very Happy thats really awesome

looking forward to the update just have to figure out how to install Goldeneye X Properly this time

I think I was the one who originally suggested including it... I think it replaces the Phoenix since it shot explosive shells but I'm not 100% sure.

Looking forward to the release, Wreck.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still think PD on the Gameboy via transfer pack should still unlock cheats. Maybe it unlocks the PD weapons? That makes sense to me.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to test to see if I could change which GBC game ID was looked for when using the Transfer Pak, and was successful. I actually had to purchase multiple things on eBay for this, as I never owned any GameBoy related items. Between the time and the money, going right back to using the PD cart would feel like a complete waste for me. And besides, the game that is used has its own place in GoldenEye history.

The PD weapon cheats are unlocked via firing range.

I believe it was connery as bond who suggested the Platinum Gun. It does use the explosive shells feature from the Phoenix.

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What campagins are you guys looking to particularly work on?

would be cool to see what Statue would be like with fog as in the Goldeneye Beta

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheMaskedMutant wrote:
What campagins are you guys looking to particularly work on?

would be cool to see what Statue would be like with fog as in the Goldeneye Beta

Right now Wreck and the X team are working to port Dam which is the last level to be ported, everything else just needs the props, objectives, and the guards. Currently Silo and Frigate are the most completed yet not perfect and are still being worked on. Sreets and Statue have been added but they are in the earliest stages of porting but they will work in the next patch.

As far as the beta fog goes, right now they are only looking to port and maybe make a few cosmetic enhancements to the level so right now I don't think they'll be looking to add many beta elements since this isn't a beta recreation project.

Full Wreck quote for official information:
"The only missing level from the mission campaign is Dam. Both Streets and Statue are able to be loaded and ran around in. There are various issues with portals and clipping, but it is a good start.

For actual missions, not ones that are empty or just filled with props, I am aiming for Silo and Frigate. Those two probably work the best right now. Just remember these are still in progress, so there are some issues to be addressed."

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do just want to add this...

GoldenEye X is not a beta restoration project. We aren't going to be combing through old screen captures or videos of the game while it was still in development, and try to recreate what was there. Rare obviously had their reasons for every change they made. Whether it be different guard costumes in a mission, a heavily changed sky / fog, or props that were taken out or have evidence of existing prior in the pads files. However, there will be some elements utilized. A boat ride over to the Dam island is not out of the question. A lift added to Silo is a possibility. Putting operational lighting where overhead lamp sprites once were is another example.

If someone so desires to mimic other beta elements, they are free to do so with the Perfect Editor. The sky is probably the easiest.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's amazing how the GoldenEye X team uses functions from Perfect Dark and incorpates them into the mod. (Platinum gun, Taser, etc). Great work guys!!

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very excited for this next release, Goldeneye X is easily the best N64 hack out there. Especially because it works so well on the real hardware and I dislike hacks that only work with emulators.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Goldeneye X is so good as its state, and so promising I'm making my maps on it.
Even if it's even more complicated because you have to be on PD mode in the editor, but object name and such aren't the right one.
We'll need a Goldeneye X setup of the editor, haha. It will never end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: