ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Bizarre glitch on Dam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Bizarre glitch on Dam Reply with quote Back to top

I was bored glitching the game when I saw something oddly bizarre. This was done on actual console, so no emulation bugs can be blamed here.

So, there's a glitch in Dam that involves object overload by placing too many covert modems with infinite ammo, but there was this odd side effect I got:

While I was going through the tunnel inside the Dam, one of the guards had no weapon. He just followed me though the level, sometimes randomly walking around, or sidestepping, similar to the scientists in Caverns. The graphics for the laser beams from the Watch laser where also corrupted, being fully transparent rather than blue.

Is there any explanation for this odd bug? It was pretty funny to see, anyhow.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Textures getting corrupted from an overload of objects or too much 'variety' is a known problem. The gunfire of other weapons, the red aimer, bullet impacts, and the ammo icons can all become some sort of transparent/grey.
I've heard it's possible in the Surface levels as well, with a certain combination of cheats.
(Not sure though if this all works in the same way on console as on an emulator)

As for the guard missing its weapon, that's glitchy indeed. I've never experienced such thing. Maybe you should try to create the 'glitch situation' one more time and see if it happens again?

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Bizarre glitch on Dam Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
I was bored glitching the game when I saw something oddly bizarre. This was done on actual console, so no emulation bugs can be blamed here.

So, there's a glitch in Dam that involves object overload by placing too many covert modems with infinite ammo, but there was this odd side effect I got:

While I was going through the tunnel inside the Dam, one of the guards had no weapon. He just followed me though the level, sometimes randomly walking around, or sidestepping, similar to the scientists in Caverns. The graphics for the laser beams from the Watch laser where also corrupted, being fully transparent rather than blue.

Is there any explanation for this odd bug? It was pretty funny to see, anyhow.
This is a common known glitch.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not on me end

If there's a clip of guard losing his weap yappin @ yo heels then pray tell Embarassed

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's because only so many items can be loaded at one time. Covert modems won't get unloaded from the level, and each placement removes one possible object from the list.

They guys with weapons are most likely spawned, which means their equipment is also spawned at runtime. That causes a complication though, because the most common spawn scripts don't bother to test if the weapon was generated successfully.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got the bug to happen again, here's what I did.

Cheats:

-All guns

-Infinite ammo

-Invincible

-Turbo mode

As soon as the level loaded, I swapped to the orange Sniper, I then ran as-fast-as-possible to the covert modem spot. I spammed them all until I couldn't place more.

I then eliminated a few guards. Then, I entered the tunnel via watch-towers. I eliminated a few guards in there. After that, I went back to the covert modem spot, exploding the creates around it.

I returned and shot the cougar magnum a few times. And then decided to activate the alarm.

I entered the tunnel from going down the ladder to the dock pads. I saw the guard running somewhere.

He ran to the gate you need to un-lock by shooting the lock. He stood there for a bit "opening" it, until he then decided to wonder around randomly.

Pictures, (Sorry about bad quality, taken with a 2DS)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I remember having this happen to me before, as well. Usually when tossing tons of Covert Modems. He'd run up from the tunnel through a tower and chase me around without a weapon. Shame he can't attack with slaps, since he just follows you like a puppy.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: