ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Glide 64 Final and GE/PD ( Issue Solved )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Glide 64 Final and GE/PD ( Issue Solved ) Reply with quote Back to top

So im thinking about trying to use glide64 final to play thru GE and PD since it does a great job at emulation, ( coming from jabo's 1.6.1). Goldeneye runs at a smooth 60fps but has a graphic issue with blue bars on the left and right of the screen, and Perfectdark runs smooth as well but tends to fluctuate from 60fps to 30fps, is there a way to fix these issues?

Im using 1964 v0.8.5 to play both games, ( apparently more stable for these games ) but both games run into the same problem on pj64.

On a side note: Did anybody end up picking up the new Gliden64 pluging ( the new year release ) if so what is it like.

Also i have been using stolens mouse injector for like forever now, and there is all that speculation on it being a virus/keylogger or something but i have never ( yet ) had an issue but am curious if there is another way to use mouse n KB that performs as good as stolens mouse injector.

Last edited by madmax386 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Glide 64 Final and GE/PD Reply with quote Back to top

madmax386 wrote:

Also i have been using stolens mouse injector for like forever now, and there is all that speculation on it being a virus/keylogger or something but i have never ( yet ) had an issue but am curious if there is another way to use mouse n KB that performs as good as stolens mouse injector.

I recommend you move away from Stolens Mouse Injector. Even if it has yet to be proven if there really is a virus attach to the file. A risk worth not taking by a long shot.

As for the FPS drops, this might be more on hardware side or a emulation side. You should name off how strong your GPU is and how fast your processor is. Perfect Dark is after all a much more resource hungry game.

And emulation wise, I can totally agree that 1964 does run games at a much better emulation compared to Project 64. But stable though? I had quite a few crashes over the years when I use 1964 for Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye. Those games did run fantastic though but the crashes in the end just was not welcome when it came to losing progress though out the game.

I never really been a fan of Glide64 to be quite honest with you. So I can't really say much when it comes to emulating Nintendo 64 games with Glide 64.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Glide 64 Final and GE/PD Reply with quote Back to top

It wont be my hardware causing an issue with the fps changing from 60fps in most menus and sometimes while play to 30fps, im pretty sure its an emulation fault of some sort.... will keep googling, for the record here are my specs.

Main pc:

CPU: AMD 8350 OC to 4.9GHz
GPU: GTX 970 4DDR5 (3.5gig fast .5gig slow Sad )
Ram:16g @ 2133MHz
Storage: 2x 250gig SSD 1 x 1TB HDD

Emulator PC ( Mini ITX )

CPU: i3 4160
GPU: GTX 770
RAM: 8g @ 1666Mhz
Storage: 1x120gig ssd 1x1TB HDD

( Also currently building a HTPC inside a N64 shell.... Will post pictures when done ) : )

Yea sorry what i was trying to say is apparently Version 0.8.5 of 1964 is more stable for GE and PD than the new releases of 1964..... But compared to pj64 1.6 it is by far not as stable.

As for my MnKB set up i guess ill have to do some googling and see what are my options.

Pj64 with jabo's 1.6.1 video plugin is probably fine with Goldeneye but Glide looks much nicer for PD .

GLIDE

Jabo's 1.6.1

Edit: Update, ok so i Downloaded my old backup of 1964 that i uploaded a while back and it runs PD fine Alyways 60fps using Glide plugin, Altho GE still suffers from the Blue lines on the edge of the window... but i think ill just use jabo's 1.6.1 to play GE.

Now GE:X is my problem, as it also had the same issue as PD were it would change to 30fps sometimes when playing, so trying to work this one out now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so i have now solved my own issue.

As i stated before, i use Stolens mouse injector ( i know of the potential risk ) and i read the readme and in the FAQ section it says this.

"Q: Why does my Perfect Dark ROM hack not run at 60fps?
A: If 1964 does not recognize the ROM, it will assume default settings, which sometimes
break ROM hacks. To fix this, right click the ROM in the romlist menu and open
the ROM's properties.

GoldenEye 007 ROM hacks: Set EEPROM size to 4KB.
Perfect Dark ROM hacks: Set EEPROM size to 16KB
."

And in the Bugs section He says this.

''• When Perfect Dark is running, it can switch between 30/60 frames per second.
The Mouse Injector comes with a fps locking system, which forces PD to run at 60fps.
This will only trigger when the Mouse Injector detects PD running at 30fps. There
will be some moments where PD wants to runs at 30fps, and cannot be forced to run
at 60fps. To minimize stutter, turn off the RSP plugin for PD (see plugins menu).
''

So what i figured was the mouse injector/1964 was not recognizing GE:X as PD since the internal name has been changed so i downloaded a rom renamer and coppied the PD Attributes to the GE:X rom and renamed the internal rom name and now it runs flawlessly Smile

So in Conclusion....

Problem: Mouse injector was not recognizing GE:X as PD so it was not Locking the Game at 60fps

Fix: Changed Rom Internal name to match PD, now game runs as it should.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can I say that I'm following this with interest and am keen to see what you do with the "emulation 64" as I've been looking at doing one myself! Nice stuff!

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Can I say that I'm following this with interest and am keen to see what you do with the "emulation 64" as I've been looking at doing one myself! Nice stuff!

I geuss you are talking about my current project of using a n64 shell for a pc case mod. For example ( http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/162939-completed-project-n64-pc-a-kaveri-htpc-inside-a-nintendo-64/ )

I am currently waiting for tools to take apart the n64 as the melt pen trick only worked on a few screws ( https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Disassembling+the+Nintendo+64+%28without+special+tools%29/20105 ) And i ended up getting the plastic pen stuck in there Sad not a good start, but i will work thru it.

Since i live in Perth, Western Australia (W,A) aka Wait Awhile. .... most isolated city in the world, it takes a while for gear to be shipped to me. so i probly wont be able to get a good run at this project till easter weekend.

Here is a picture of the mini itx and the low profile noctua cpu cooler ( cooler is not actually mounted on mobo yet) when all together should be about 50ish mm high, the n64 is 78ish mm high so i have about 20mm ish clearance Smile

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been using Stolen's archive (emulator + mouse injector) for a couple of years, and I've never seen any infection. When I downloaded it I would have virus checked it (using Avast!) and so it must have shown as clean or I'd have deleted it (at the time I downloaded it, I didn't know it was suspected of having malware).

Now some virus killers do see it as infect, but they mostly differ on what infections it has, and other virus killers say it's clean. Ordinarily I'd just delete anything with those results, just to be on the safe side, but since I've been using it so long without my PC getting infected then I'm happy to keep using it. The consensus of people I've asked is that by the mouse injector's very nature (it writes data directly into another program at a fairly low level) that it is very likely to result in false positives from virus killers, as they'll assume that it's writing malicious data into programs.

It's also discussed at:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568360/is-this-program-infected-please/

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pertaining to the inverse torx bit - I actually took to a screwdriver with an angle grinder to make something that worked. It really looks like you've a fantastic unit under construction there!

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
I've been using Stolen's archive (emulator + mouse injector) for a couple of years, and I've never seen any infection. When I downloaded it I would have virus checked it (using Avast!) and so it must have shown as clean or I'd have deleted it (at the time I downloaded it, I didn't know it was suspected of having malware).

Now some virus killers do see it as infect, but they mostly differ on what infections it has, and other virus killers say it's clean. Ordinarily I'd just delete anything with those results, just to be on the safe side, but since I've been using it so long without my PC getting infected then I'm happy to keep using it. The consensus of people I've asked is that by the mouse injector's very nature (it writes data directly into another program at a fairly low level) that it is very likely to result in false positives from virus killers, as they'll assume that it's writing malicious data into programs.

It's also discussed at:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568360/is-this-program-infected-please/

Well that is reassuring to hear, i too picked up stolens injector before it was tagged as a virus and have been using it ever since with no issues, by any chance have you tried his version of multiplayer???? I tested it last night on my two pcs and my god its a cool little setup he has done, i did not once dysnc ( but need todo more testing ) it has options like spawn with gun, back screen ( disables other player screen ) , countdown timer and start with shields i think. Its realy cool even says player 2 ready in the multiplayer menue, realy wish the project of his got picked up and applied to GE:X and PD as it only works on GE.

So my tools to take apart the n64 were finaly shipped today after purchasing them this time last week, but after browser the local tech bits n bobs store i found a console kit lol.... so i never had to get the tools shipped to me, so the project will kick into life this weekend. Smile

Edit: so i read over that link you posted, it was very interesting im just disappointed that stolens setup gets so much hate and abuse over the Internet now days because of the false positives that anti virus pick up on. Im suprized that link of yours did not pop up on my google search when i was searching about stolens 1964 package, lol that link needs to be spreed across the net.... people need too know its " probably 95% safe " lol

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow .. so no one knows how stolen manipulated GE007 so well ..? PLUS during local networking I will add

Spawn with a weap !? That alone = enough to rock my world , eternally

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, I've not tried the multiplayer. My 'net connection is *lousy*, so even if I wanted to, I probably couldn't. Crying or Very sad

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it shouldn't be difficult to make players spawn with weapons using the setup editor Smile

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea im pretty sure i have a GE rom setup allready like that, but its just cool that stolens plugin does that for you on a standard GE rom.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: