ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE/PD weapon model ripping.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: GE/PD weapon model ripping. Reply with quote Back to top

Using Meshlab and Nemu 64's export to VRML function, you can import the current scene you're playing your emulator. With this, you can remove all the un-needed models and get the weapons you want. (This best works on the weapon select menu on the pause screen on solo missions)

So far, I have the basic weapons.

Falcon 2.

PD shotgun.

AR34

K7 Avenger

RC-P90

Model downloads will be available when The Models Resource will accept them. (I will also do more models)

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are the model from the menu and the one you hold in the hands, 2 different models ?

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
Are the model from the menu and the one you hold in the hands, 2 different models ?

Nope, same models. Just easier to edit with, as you don't need to remove the hands.

But the weapons you pick up in 3rd person are different models. They have a much lower poly count.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got more done this morning, mostly PD stuff.

Magsec

Dragon (Also got the SuperDragon done, but I feel like there's no point posting, as they're almost the same models)

Mauler (A bit buggy?)

Phoenix

RC-P120

Laptop gun

Reaper

Insanely glitchy PD sniper. (There's no scope texture. Also, the modelers never modeled the back of the stock, making it transparent from there)

Download for beta model pack below

REMOVED because link is gone-gone.

Last edited by Fillerthefreak on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
AL64inthedark wrote:

Nope, same models. Just easier to edit with, as you don't need to remove the hands.

But the weapons you pick up in 3rd person are different models. They have a much lower poly count.

hmm ok. I've tried to modify texture from AR34 to make it a Famas using Deled. Exporting model from editor doesn't import hand with it. Don't know how it works (how the hands are handled).
But doing this that way, you have to retexture the whole gun. It's a little pain ^^

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
Fillerthefreak wrote:
AL64inthedark wrote:

hmm ok. I've tried to modify texture from AR34 to make it a Famas using Deled. Exporting model from editor doesn't import hand with it. Don't know how it works (how the hands are handled).
But doing this that way, you have to retexture the whole gun. It's a little pain ^^

Oh? I've never used Deled, so I do know much about it.

Changing texture's isn't really easy (I don't know how), but I know how to over-write them.

Also, I try to get the hand models, loading up a gameplay scene in Nemu64 gave me an un-textured level.

The player and object modes where above the skybox, oddly.

Kinda looks like virtual fighter for the Sega 32X.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know that the original GE models can all be exported to obj, including the hand model (I can link if you want it), from the setup editor.

Im pretty sure that the guns from PD can too, but ill leave that for sub to answer.

Some of PD's guns are Environment Mapped - "Shiny" so may not show up correctly in a modeling environment.

Since GE/PD shows a spinning gun in the "Watch" Menu they really should be whole, however I think Im right in thinking some guns skip unseen geometry, eg, leading side of grip. If you look at the magnim very closly you can see this in the watch.
Another example of missing geometry is the front of the barrel.
Most guns have a tube, but some like the TT33 skip it all together (Shows black in GE, fixed in PD).

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
I know that the original GE models can all be exported to obj, including the hand model (I can link if you want it), from the setup editor.

Im pretty sure that the guns from PD can too, but ill leave that for sub to answer.

Some of PD's guns are Environment Mapped - "Shiny" so may not show up correctly in a modeling environment.

Since GE/PD shows a spinning gun in the "Watch" Menu they really should be whole, however I think Im right in thinking some guns skip unseen geometry, eg, leading side of grip. If you look at the magnim very closly you can see this in the watch.
Another example of missing geometry is the front of the barrel.
Most guns have a tube, but some like the TT33 skip it all together (Shows black in GE, fixed in PD).

Trev

GE weapons can already be exported? As for the shiny stuff, I may just add it as a texture of sorts. (The K7 Avengers textures are loaded into the model, I'm just too confused on how to apply them)

I already got the GE hand models, though. But thank you for asking.

And yeah, some guns to skip the unseen geometry. As the PP7 also hides some of the polygons on the other side of the model, making it harder to port. (I tend to use GE to import GE models, anyways)

Also, dunno if this is worth posting, but I got a WIP of the GE Tank. (The textures just need some work)

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wonder if we can get the tank going in multi. I know Zoinkity had moderate success but the thread kind of faded out.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Wonder if we can get the tank going in multi. I know Zoinkity had moderate success but the thread kind of faded out.

I'd say there's more problems than fun it'd create. As the tank has a rather high poly count, and a lot of textures.

Also, I made this out of boredom, a high-poly RCP90. (An edit of the standard model)

Hi-res textures. Also, more polys where added to the barrel, and handles.

Looks pretty good, for a first attempt at a 3D model.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, GE guns can be exported.

'Applying' EnvMap textures to guns is as simple as assigning the texture to the envmap slot in modeler.

If you want to "hi-res" the FN-P90 then the thing I notice imediatly is that you should remove the texture from the barrel and increase its specular highlight.
2 reasons, 1 specular will appear correctly to your point of view, 2, the texture is mapped the wrong direction. the texture should be mapped allong the barrel and not accross it.

Also, the grooves in the magazine could be cut out instead of using the lo-res texture.

Edit: I meant the Butt. After doing the research on the p90 the bit at back is actually part of the gun and not the magazine, the mag is the grey bit on top.
Trev

Last edited by Trevor on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tanks in Multi?? Shocked Would anyone care to point me to the thread? im fascinated with the possibility!

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The issue lies in two places:
1) The existing code has no way to discern which character is currently in the tank, so whenever one character enters it all of them do.
2) The clipping offset trick used for entering and leaving the tank also presumes one player, so getting into the blasted thing is a bit of an ordeal as well.
3) The tank's ammo supply has to be added to player inventories. Normally you do this by setting the ammo a player starts with at the start of a stage. It's beyond the normal collectible range of ammo boxes and clips only give one round (pretty sure). So, you'd either have to use the SmartSpawns patch or an ammo box extension patch just to have some ammo for the tank.
4) The item itself is added to the player when they enter the tank and is removed when they leave, so all players effectively get to use the tank item even if they aren't the one in the thing.

Tanks MP need a bit of an overhaul.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. So I am guessing when the 1 player enters the tank, all players automatically shoot tank shells from their face as well? or do they all physically board the same tank?

2. I imagine this produces a lot of in game crashing.

3. That I kinda understood, prob the least of the problems.

Question, is there a video of multiplayer tank action with glitches and all? I am just very curious how it would visually all be handled by the engine.

Second question, provided you could incorporate the tank into the PD engine, would you still face the same issues?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The tank appears underneath the players, switching between them. The reason is the visual position of the tank is derived from the player's position. The actual position may or may not change.

One consequence of this is that tank momentum is still in effect, so when one player moves there's a chance they can move other players.

Never ran into crash bugs with it though. In actual fact it works exactly as intended. The reason for the unusual behaviour is due to a lot of code using the "current Bond" pointer instead of selecting a particular one. Don't forget, MP was an afterthought shoved in on the side over a month.

Vehicles are done in an entirely different way in PD. I'd imagine it would be a glorified hoverbike. So long as there is a "boarding" event it shouldn't be too tricky adding in scripting for equipping and dequipping an item.
Hoverbikes are great fun in PD. Krijy's Crash Site is great when you turn off their invincibility.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: