ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE/PD weapon model ripping.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OMG!!! I think its working!!! Hold on...

IT WORKING!!!! its working i mean! oh my gosh what's wrong with me, I swear I feel like.... excuse me.

IT won't let me export the animation this is the message! See what happens when I overreact to damn quickly?!

oh wait! nevermind! wait can I open the packedsegfile with this?

epic fail......

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have obj2an8. You got to download obj2an8 and extract objtoan8.zip\Release\ObjToAn8.exe, then copy ObjToAn8.exe to the editor directory and link it in the preferences. If you plan on exporting as animated fbx files you will need fbxsdk-2013.1.dll. You can get that by downloading the FBX SDK 2010. When you've installed the sdk open the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FBX\FbxSdk\2013.1\lib\vs2008\x86\ and copy fbxsdk-2013.1.dll to the editor directory.

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
You don't have obj2an8. You got to download obj2an8 and extract objtoan8.zip\Release\ObjToAn8.exe, then copy ObjToAn8.exe to the editor directory and link it in the preferences. If you plan on exporting as animated fbx files you will need fbxsdk-2013.1.dll. You can get that by downloading the FBX SDK 2010. When you've installed the sdk open the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FBX\FbxSdk\2013.1\lib\vs2008\x86\ and copy fbxsdk-2013.1.dll to the editor directory.

done it, and it works! but then my computer froze and I got pissed, because I had to take a piss. how ironic. had to shut down and reboot, so much enegry wasted i swear.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 things I noticed.

The original screenshot of the preferences dialoge showed XBLA.

Youve just asked about PackedSegFile.

On Both these counts Ill say, You cannot get stuff from the XBLA game without first finishing the job kholdfuzion started.

IF the format of PackedSegFile was understood, MAYBE Sub might add editor support for PDXBLA which would pave the way for GEXXBLA.
BUT untill the format is KNOWN, you will NOT be getting models from it.

I am not going to say anything else on the subject, just as I have ignored the last after your outburst and internet history.
While I wont take the tone of mistamontiel, Im glad he pointed out your ignorance.

Trevor

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
2 things I noticed.

The original screenshot of the preferences dialoge showed XBLA.

Youve just asked about PackedSegFile.

On Both these counts Ill say, You cannot get stuff from the XBLA game without first finishing the job kholdfuzion started.

IF the format of PackedSegFile was understood, MAYBE Sub might add editor support for PDXBLA which would pave the way for GEXXBLA.
BUT untill the format is KNOWN, you will NOT be getting models from it.

I am not going to say anything else on the subject, just as I have ignored the last after your outburst and internet history.
While I wont take the tone of mistamontiel, Im glad he pointed out your ignorance.

Trevor

First of all, the XBLA you's seeing is just a DIRECTORY I had the PD n64 ROM located in. Look carefully, please. (that's wasn't meant to be said rude, I typed it in the nicest way possible!)

And,

really? you know, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. they say.

my post back in my thread wasn't saying anything rude, but stating you were rather rude to me. you made it (and still are) making it seem like it was all a joke to get a laugh out of everything. No. I was serious. if I wasn't serious about my question I would've never signed up and bother to ask it.

It took me a long while to finally just ask the question myself, since I wasn't finding answers through google.

I already figured since my last post in my thread, I wasn't going to be getting models from XBLA that easily. that's why I asked if there was a way to get the models from n64 PD, and I didn't know this forum does golden eye and perfect dark editing. Like before, I just came here to ask my question.

long story short, be nice to me. I haven't said one rude thing to you at all since I've been here. I'm very sensitive, no thick skin.

but its not nothing new, really. I deal with this kind of hatred daily. its why I stay in the dark so much...

Anyways, pardon my essay on "vivi's feelings pt1" Laughing (btw, weird looking emoticon). Laughing

Anyways, Currently, redoing the models from n64 to make it look like XBLA. because there isn't really a MAJOR major difference. just parts smoothed out, and expanded. and textures, can easily be re UV mapped with hi-res textures. I can't believe PD n64 used little ol' 32x32 textures. How tiny! and Rare (4j, whoever) weren't lying when they said these models went from little hundreds to boasting thousands! I'm sayin!

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trying to bring things back on-topic.

I have an issue with the textures on the K7 Avenger, I thought of some alternatives, but I don't know if it'll work or not.

The K7 used a double layered texture to render both the shine effects and the weird little dents in the 2nd texture layers.

Due to the fact some graphics cards cannot run double layered polygons properly, it'll end up rendering things like this.

Of course, this is not how the K7 looks like. So I thought of merging both the texture layers together like this:

I don't know if this is a proper way to deal with this issue, but I thnk it is?

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Filler, that wont work. let me explain whats happening, although I think you already know this by what you said.

First the Gun is modeled in a shiny/mat layer as though it was a normal model. (shiny parts have no texture detail, just bare metal)

The Shiny parts are not static images, they are known as Environment maps.
All modelers will correctly show this effect using one of 2 methods, View Dependent and View Independent.
The difference between them is the difference between being able to correctly reflect a surounding scene with view independent and only reflecting an arbitary image surrounding the camera with dependent(example, a head torch).

The second layer is known as a decal, similar to a decal sheet in kit models you can buy and build in the physical world.
Were a decal sheet is usually cut and then stuck on after painting the plastic model, a decal in 3D modeling is similar as it is drawn after the under layer has been painted.
It remains 'On Top' by a little flag that the N64 uses.
As far as I know, few modelers support a similar concept but the easiest way to achive the same is to move all the decal verticies 'out' by 0.01.
The Z Buffer in todays PC is more than sufficiant to now show the decal 'On Top' while retaining the ability to re-import into GE without change (since Editor will round back to a whole number, i.e. 10.001 = 10)

Combining the textures will simply not work as the decal will now be a reflection rather than a peice of static model. OR the gun will not be shiny.

Also, you need to make sure the decal texture is 32bit (or at least has the ability to have an transparent channel, eg Gif) and the modeler supports transparent textures.

Trev

Issa
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exelent

mais ou est le lien vers tout les modéles ?

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Trev

I found that making the outer line-like layer texture a bit outside the main body texture stops this from happening. It's barely noticeable, too.

I also ripped the prop model of the RC-P90 like this.

I'm also ripping models from to the Models Resource. Others can help if you want, too. The Klobb and the RC-P90 (Hi-poly) are the only two approved models, so far.

http://www.models-resource.com/nintendo_64/goldeneye007/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: