ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Need help, will pay for unlocking goldeneye
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oddjab
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Need help, will pay for unlocking goldeneye Reply with quote Back to top

First time post. I just got my first n64 with goldeneye. I was always poor and just played it at friends places.

First off, I don't want to unlock everything the hard way and I can't seem to put in the codes fast enough for them to work. So I'm willing to pay for someone to copy and paste their agent files onto my memory card. I want all the stuff to do with multi player because that's all I use it for. So the levels, the cheats. All of them.

Secondly, things have changed since I used to play this. I read about the gameshark pro and the everdrive. Which should I go with? I'm looking to get something like that and get even more levels and such. What do you recommend? Last time I played an emulator game(10 years ago) it was wonky. If I go with everdrive or a hacked gameshark, will I run into this?

Either way, I'm looking to pay and just get all of the stuff I don't have time to unlock, cheat, etc. thanks[/img]

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome sire

I thinks 64drive is the way to go though price is pretty steep total worth

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you suggest the 64Drive over the Everdrive64 or vice-versa? I too am looking into getting one but cannot find out which one is the better purchase.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neither of you have really answered the question, of which looking at the question seems to not really understand the difference in hardware.

So,
1 you cannot save GoldenEye to a memory card.
2 Gameshark = Cheat Device (alters RAM values)
Everdrive = ROM Cartrige (flash cart Using SD cards for storage)
64Drive = ROM Cartrige (flash cart Using CF Cards for storage)
3 you dont automatically get new levels. they take a lot of work and need to be patched. There are limited ways to do so on the gameshark but fully doable on everdrive (by modifying game itself)
4 If you have real hardware and either gameshark or everdrive FORGET emulation problems. These devices are running on REAL hardware and are not emulators.
I dont know why so many people seem to thing the everdrive is an emulator...

If you do decide to buy a flash cart then the easyest way to unlock everything is to download the GoldenEye Setup Editor and open your rom, go to 21990 and hit Unlock all.

mistamontiel why?

Quote:
Do you suggest the 64Drive over the Everdrive64 or vice-versa? I too am looking into getting one but cannot find out which one is the better purchase.

While in basic operation they are similar, their OS's provide some slightly different features.
Everdrive has built in gameshark
able to backup controller paks
auto ips patching
auto cheat code entry

someone else fill out the 64drive

Trev

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are button codes you can use for unlocking things in goldeneye. I'm on an iPad at the moment so apologise for not posting a link but they use to be pretty common. That's at least one thing down Wink

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fingers been ache'd .. twas not full potential

I thought GS emulation has not kickt-off yet

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to unlock a retail GoldenEye, a gameshark I assume can do it. I am sure is a code to do it permanently, though it's been a long time. The easiest way is just the button codes, and it's free and not really that long to do them all, one in a row.

If you want lots of GoldenEye mod fun, and unlocked all levels, you can buy an EverDrive 64 or 64drive.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you go with a gameshark, you need either a v3.2 or a v3.3 and you also need the 8mb expansion pak installed into your N64 as well.

I actually have the codes for the 8 custom multiplayer levels that I created quite few years back (a total of roughly 2,000 codes, 250 required for each level) loaded onto a gameshark of my own. I have all the hardware available to load those onto another gameshark. PM me on here if you're interested.

See custom levels here http://goldeneyehacks.com/multiplayer.html (click on any of the images for screenshots).

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
...the easyest way to unlock everything is to download the GoldenEye Setup Editor and open your rom, go to 21990 and hit Unlock all.

I've just tried that, but I can't get it to work. Which .exe should I use,

GoldeneyeSetupEditorV2.exe
PerfectEditor.exe
PerfectGold.exe

?

Also, when I run any of them, I can't load the .z64 Goldeneye file, no matter which 'open/load' option I use (New, Open Uncompressed, Open Compressed, etc), which should I use, please?

And how do I create a Perfect Dark (U) v1.1 rom with everything (levels, cheats, etc) already unlocked, please?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

connery as bond wrote:

I only have the Everdrive 64, but it's fantastic. It plays every N64 game except for three or four don't work, because they rely on unique hardware that is built into their game cartridge*, but all of these are Japanese only games that most gamers haven't played anyway, so won't miss. Every PAL or NTSC game works, except for PAL Banjo Tooie and maybe PAL Jet Force Gemini, as BT and JFG need to be specially patched to remove protection, and I don't think the PAL versions have a patch. I just use the NTSC versions of these two games, even though I'm a PAL user, as the ED64 allows you to play any region game as long as your TV will display them.

The ED64 is very easy to use, and does everything automatically and invisibly, so the user has to do nothing other than select the game to load, then reset the N64 when finished (with the version 2 and 2.5 of the ED64, you have to reset the N64 to save the game data to the SD card, whereas the v3 ED64 their is a battery built into the ED64, so you don't have to reset the N64, you can just turn it off, and the game save will still be there when you turn it back on).

The Everdrive allows you to keep all of the N64 games on one cartridge (well, an SD card in one cartridge), play all regions games, all hacks that work on a real N64 (sadly, some hacks don't work on a real N64, such as some Super Mario 64 hacks, as they were only tested on (unreliable) emulators**), so they don't work on the ED64, even though the problem is not down to the ED64), you don't have to worry about game saves dying when the battery dies in the game cartridge as the game saves in an ED64 are stored on the SD card (so you can back up or restore them to your PC/Mac), and the loading times of the games are almost instantaneous. Plus, as Trevor says, the Ed64 allows you to backup/restore the controller pak (though only a whole controller pack at present, not single game saves), has Gameshark cheat code support, allows you to view text files (though only one screen at present), game rom patching, and even allows you to use a wallpaper (background picture for the game load menu) of your choice (see http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2639.msg26138#msg26138 for more information) if you like.

Basically, I can't recommend the ED64 enough. You can either buy the v2.5, or pay extra for the v3 which has a build in real-time clock and lets you turn off the N64 without losing the game save data (on the v2.5, you have to reset the N64 after playing a game (then turn the N74 off, if you've finished playing on the N64) as the v2.5 can only save game save data to the ED64 after a reset). I don't need the extra features of the v3, but you might like them.

http://shop.krikzz.com/

* These include a Pokemon game where you talk to your in-game character via a Microphone, a Tetris game where you connect a sensor to your chest to monitor your heart rate (seriously!), a game that uses a special save chip (we're hoping that this will be fixed by a software update to the Everdrive 64), and a game that uses a real-time clock built into the cartridge. The version 3 of the Everdrive 64 does have the real-time clock built in, but as yet the game doesn't work, but the creator of the Everdrives (Krikzz) makes regular software updates to the Everdrives and will no doubt fix this soon.

** On the plus side, Goldeneye X (the reason I bought an N64) works on the ED64! As do most Goldeneye/Perfect Dark hacks, plus F-Zero X Climax, the English translation of Sin and Punishment, the English translation of Wonder Project J2, etc.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr , what are those few imports that must be acquired er emulated ..?

I suck @ memorizing imports Embarassed

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Kerr , what are those few imports that must be acquired er emulated ..?

I suck @ memorizing imports Embarassed

Do you mean which games won't work on a flash cartridge?

According to http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=147.0 the games are:

PAL
===

Banjo Tooie,
Donkey Kong 64,
Jet Force Gemini.

The NTSC versions of these three games won't work either, but they can be patched, whereas I've not seen patched versions of the PAL games. So, as long as your PAL TV shows NTSC output (most do) then you can use the fixed NTSC versions of these three games, though Donkey Kong 64 NTSC might not be fully fixed (see the details below), and if not, then currently you can't play DK64 all the way through on the Everdrive 64. Well, at least not in English, but maybe the JAP version of DK64 can be played all the way through?

NTSC
====

Donkey Kong 64 - maybe, some people say the patched, download versions [F1] and [F2] work, other say not.

Apparently, all other NTSC games work fine, but a few need patching (or rather, just google and download the pre-patched version, it's much easier), these games are

Battletanx,
Star Wars Episode One - Racer,
Banjo Tooie,
Jet Force Gemini,

Have a look at http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=147.0 to see which pre-patched files you need (just google for the filenames that are listed in that thread).

Also:

Pokemon Stadium 2, this game has graphical corruption on the v2.5 Everdrive 64, but works fine on the v3 Everdrive 64. This can be fixed by patching, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be a patch available.

JAP
===

Dezaemon 3D (won't save yet, as it needs a non-standard save chip, but we're hoping someone will patch it to work),

Animal Forest (Doubutsu no Mori), needs a real-time clock to work, which the v2.5 and lower Everdrive 64s don't have, but the v3 has. However, at the moment it still doesn't work on the ED64 v3, so users are waiting for an OS (operating system file) update, which does appear every few weeks.

Mario no Photopi, needs extra hardware that's built into it's real game cartridge.

Tetris 64, the real cartridge allows you to connect a heart monitor to the player (I've never played this, but The New Tetris is superb (the best Tetris game I've ever played) and if you don't need/want the heart monitor thing then The New Tetris should satisfy you!

Hey You, Pikachu!, uses a microphone that plugs into the real game cartridge.

Densha de Go! 64, a train driving simulation that uses the microphone.

There might be more games, especially some PAL games, as most people use the NTSC versions of games and not PAL, plus most of this information I am posting second-hand, so I can't confirm most of this post from my own experience. I don't know what the situation is with the 64Drive, but I'd imagine it's the same, since the problems with the games are either missing hardware, or (in Rare's games case) the very clever protection that Rare built into their games.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
GoldeneyeSetupEditorV2.exe
PerfectEditor.exe
PerfectGold.exe

These are all the same.

They were made to allow different start menu shortcuts which append arguments onto the filename to load a specific part.

I.E.
Perfect Dark = "C:\...\PerfectGold.exe /PD"
GoldenEye = "C:\...\PerfectGold.exe /GE"

These do the exact same as loading PerfectGold by clicking on it and then going Tools > Switch Editor GE/PD

Quote:
Also, when I run any of them, I can't load the .z64 Goldeneye file, no matter which 'open/load' option I use (New, Open Uncompressed, Open Compressed, etc), which should I use, please?

Make sure your in GE mode
Go to Tools > Prefrences > Quick Convert > Browse (then load GE)
Then click OK and then go to Tools>21990

Quote:
And how do I create a Perfect Dark (U) v1.1 rom with everything (levels, cheats, etc) already unlocked, please?

Exactly the same but make sure your in PD mode.

Prefrences > Quick Convert > Browse > Load PD

Trev

P.S. These options might only be in the beta editor which is the file named
runwaysetupeditor.exe (Use betagrabber.exe first)

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Trevor. I've just tried it with both GE and PD, and it works great (although Avast! wrongly decided that the Injector from Stolen's mouse driven build of 1964 was infected - I've been using the injector and Avast! for years, and only now has Avast! detected it as infected!).

And wow! The GE/PD editor is amazingly detailed! I hadn't realised it could do so much. It must have taken an *enormous* amount of work, not only to write the editor, but to reverse engineer the games to work out what does what. It's a pity that (as far as I know) the editor is almost unknown outside of this site (and Goldeneyevault, of course). It would be great if Retro Gamer (British commercial retro magazine) would do an article on it, though they don't tend to focus on things like that much. It might be worth the authors of the editor contacting Retro Gamer about the editor and the GE/PD hacking, though.

Are there any videos on using the editor to make new multiplayer levels?

Also, when I click on Help > Help, I get the message "Help file is missing". Is there one for download?

By the way, what do the numbers 21990 and 39850 mean? Are they the areas in the games where these values are stored?

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

N64 Magazines Glenn Plant has commented on PerfectGold before when he reviewed GoldenEyeX

Also, I cant remember who exactly but I think Sub said it was Hollis that commented on the editor saying it was way better than the tools they used for development.

Heh, well, Subs been working on PerfectGold since before 2005 so yeah... its a LOT of work Razz

It would be a good idea to have a gaming magazine artical outside of our comunity reviewing it.

As for help, its a seperate download but largly out of date.

As far as I know yes 21990 and 39850 were the address of the original block of data they they edited. these menus are of course now so much more advanced and edit more than these original blocks.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: