ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Animation Import
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
It's in the latest beta version but you should wait until subdrag figures out the StaticKineState issue. He recently added a webm render feature to the ge animation editor which is great to test out animations.

Wow, that feature is great Very Happy
Good job Subdrag !

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Not notice the .gif extension ..? lol

Yes I did, thats why I was surprised it wasnt animated at first. However it turns out to be a problem on my end as when I downloaded the image it was animated perfectly.

Quote:
but here is something I was working on to test the rigging. The timing of the jump could have been improved...

Now that is funny, finally complete the game to have him fall...

Quote:
It's in the latest beta version but you should wait until subdrag figures out the StaticKineState issue. He recently added a webm render feature to the ge animation editor which is great to test out animations.

Grabbing

Trev

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey that's really cool.

I assume this can be done with any object in the game other than just guards?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Subdrag has fixed the animation issues related with PD. This means it is now possible to create custom reload animations provided you have a 3D package that supports ASCII FBX. To get the latest version update the editor and download obj2an8 http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=255
Quote:
I assume this can be done with any object in the game other than just guards?

Yes objects (helicopter, plane) can be animated.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Checks wish list for rest of life...only items remaining are to play tank in multi and marry Kathrene Isabelle...swoons slightly at thought of animating in GE and PD.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini how have you got endorphin set up?

I tried it out and made a few funny animations pushing people off thin ledges and watching them fall (the physics is pretty cool, I wish an8 had this stuff)

But, how do you go about the setup for GE since there are many more bones in endorphin.

I tried importing a GE guard but endorphin crashed.

Also, Saving is crippled. Ill need to see if there is a save crask for this abandonware. (unsuported since 2006)

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to use Blender to animate. Or is that a no?

Also, any guide on how to get things set up?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Travor - The endorphin to ge tutorial should be written up today. Now it is http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6800
Fillerthefreak - Blender doesn't support FBX ASCII and converting to binary crashes blender. You need to use a 3D package that supports ASCII FBX such as XSI.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, excellent work! So cool to see animations added to the list of things that can be changed.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll bitch a bit, but it would be great to have a "play" button when browsing through animations inside the editor.
Making them animated by scrolling keyframe is too much for my computer.

I can't right now play with the function, but it seem great. Can't wait to see what can be done. I just wished we could extend the rom to 256mo, and add files after that so no bother about replacing things with same file size...and then put the biggest badasses animations ever created Twisted Evil

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure individual animations can't be over 0x10000 in size without tampering with the format in non-trivial ways.

Also, the animations remain loaded at all times. Long story short that causes problems with memory allocations. Although that can be fiddled with to a certain degree, you'd basically need an 8MB patch to extend them much more than what they are.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The maximum size an animation can be is actually pretty big. I've browsed through all of them yesterday and found some, like unused dancing animation, that are very long.

So, can you confirm every animation from the list is loaded everytime, even the unused (dance & things) ?
What size does all of them occupy inside the ram ?

That point (how full is the ram) is something very hard to understand when you start modding.
That brings questions like "how many textures for my map" considering I'd like variety in gard clothes etc... quite confusing.
There are some animations that seem to be here multiple times too (like walking ones, can't see differences between a few of them)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The editor won't let you import animations where the entire ROM chunk (which matches RAM chunk) goes past the original end spot (true in PD too), so it's really a moot point heh without significant modification, you won't be doing that. Basically, delete frames from one animation, to add to another. I can't remember the exact size in GE, but it's around 0x10000, a little bigger, and yeah, it all gets loaded always.

Also, this is not true of PD, which streams animations, but it still has the ROM space limit, though many unused animations, so easy to delete some frames from one of those, and add to another.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The character/object animation block is at 0x28E980 and is 0xE7E0 in size. They normally load to 802AF4C0, pretty sure as one large lump. There's a table giving the offsets to each animation as well.

The size limitations I mentioned have to do with the widths of the offsets in the animation header.

As for changing the location and the size loaded that part's rather easy:
Code:
@35618:   E
@3561C:   J
@3349C:   P
LUI   T6,0001
LUI   T7,0000
ADDIU   T7,T7,0000
ADDIU   T6,T6,E7E0   ;T6=E7E0   size of character animation table

@35644:   E
@35684:   J
@33504:   P
LUI   A1,0029
SW   V0,0000 (V1)
LW   A2,0018 (SP)
ADDIU   A1,A1,E980   ;A1=28E980   start of char animations

It doesn't solve the problem of eating rdram of course ;*)

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Subdrag has finished bvh support for the animation editor. this format can be used with blender, endorphin and other various tools. to try it download the latest version of obj2an8 and ge editor (beta).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: