ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project: GoldenEye (Mod Update 10/31/20)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's definitely satisfying when you boot it up and everything is working correctly.

I was going to add in the text line-by-line if needed to be. However, I've only gotten one line written for Penny and two for Q and it is crashing again. It worked fine when there was only one line written on each briefing page but as soon as I added a second line to the Q page, it locks the game up when you go to view it.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's just bizarre. Never had that sort of thing happen before. I don't really know what else to suggest trying.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would you mind taking a look at the files I'm currently working with, Wreck? Maybe a second set of eyes will see something I'm currently missing.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Last edited by connery as bond on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, so the briefing file looks fine, but for whatever reason, there is a "y" looking character with a few dots over it being used multiple times throughout the text file. I removed these, and replaced them with the proper characters. I have uploaded both the bin file, as well as just text version, so you can see it in Notepad. Try it out and let me know if you have any success with it. Hopefully I nabbed them all.

http://netbooksolutions.ca/goldeneye/misc/ge/LdamE_corrected.bin
http://netbooksolutions.ca/goldeneye/misc/ge/LdamE_correctednotepad.txt

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much!

I compared your finished one to the one I was trying to use. Apparently the apostrophes in the text were formatted wrong. When I re-typed out the text in the editor itself, I managed to make the original work only after the apostrophes were re-typed. That weird Y character with the dots seemed to be the apostrophe corrupting.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Last edited by connery as bond on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just making a couple of small tweaks to the setup file and intro cameras. This should be available soon!

Is this the easiest way to submit the files when completed? http://goldeneyevault.com/submit.php
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

connery as bond wrote:
Just making a couple of small tweaks to the setup file and intro cameras. This should be available soon!

Is this the easiest way to submit the files when completed? http://goldeneyevault.com/submit.php

All that does is create an email to Subdrag (subdrag@goldeneyevault.com) with a subject "Submission For GoldeneyeVault.com" It doesn't work properly for me since I do not have a mail client. Just a heads up if you don't have a mail client too.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, I see. I'll just shoot him an email with the .zip when everything is ready to go.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are pickup strings for weapons held somewhere else other than in the LgunE.bin? I've changed a weapon's name everywhere it appears in that file but on pickup, it still has the unaltered name.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, check out "LpropobjE" in the text editor. That should store all the pick up text. There might be more settings in the 21990 menu under Weapon Statistics and Ammo to look at.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've generated the patch for level one and sent it off to SubDrag's email. This should be available very soon. Cheers!
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated first post with a link to level one's patch. It can also be found here:
http://www.filedropper.com/projectgoldeneyehack

As I'm leaving for vacation in the next day and won't have access to internet, I wanted to make sure I had it released so I had some feedback to return to. Cheers! Smile
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all!

First of all, allow me to introduce myself and say hello; My name is Phil and it's about time I've joined the forum to get involved in this discussion among others.

I am the second entity involved in the creative/design process for not only this level but, the future levels as well. I've been working with Connery_as_Bond from the start of this project and we hope you all enjoy the levels as we roll them out!

Currently, we have the first level designed and up for download as previously mentioned. We have the next 4 levels planned and they are in development; We intend on getting them out as fast as we can, however, we both would prefer the levels to be of a standard of quality that, at least, meets our expectations. So, if there are gaps in the release of levels it is because we are refining them to our quality standard(s).

The goal in mind was to create a second 'GoldenEye', one that is more of a retelling of the classic game/story. Our story will drastically differ from that of the original GoldenEye, although, here and there we may have little homages or nods to the classic game from Rare and the movie itself. Hopefully by the end of our modification process, there will be a finished product that you all will have the enjoyment of playing. For now, they will be released one level at a time.

--

I do all the emulation testing for the mod.

So far I have managed to get it to work on:

Mupen64(including variants: Mupen64++, MupenPY)
Project 64

However, with these emulator's came small issues. On some of the emulator's I ran into issues with the sky not working properly. I ran into sound issues and other such things. These apparently are typical with GoldenEye running on an emulator. Although, not as big of a deal as either of those things may seem, they can hinder the game play experience.

We have done most of our testing exclusively on an EverDrive for the N64, where we recommend you play it (if possible).

I have not done testing in 1964 or any other emulator's, so if you happen to try our mod and get it to work on an emulator not listed please feel free to let us know!

ALL feedback and constructive criticism is gladly and openly appreciated and noted.

I'd like to personally say thank you to everyone who has lent a hand in the creation process and with any help provided. It is greatly appreciated.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the board, Double O Phil! Smile

I have not had a chance to try out the first level yet, but it is on my list of things to do. It is always great to see new projects, especially those that receive updates to keep it fresh and with less possible bugs each release. Hopefully everything goes according to plan, and this project finishes up with all the intentions you guys had.

nakata6790
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello from me too, i gave this mission a go on 00.
Great layout, i like the Dam at night and couled with that music too (Surface 2). I retried multiple times and managed a no alarms (before the vault break-in of course) run. Clever placement and "realistic" enemy presence.

Btw, I wish i could taker down that Zukovsky-like arms dealer.

P.S. "Don't fall for old habits, James" made a whole lot of sense in game Wink
I found out the hard way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: