ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project: GoldenEye (Mod Update 10/31/20)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nakata6790 wrote:
Hello from me too, i gave this mission a go on 00.
Great layout, i like the Dam at night and couled with that music too (Surface 2). I retried multiple times and managed a no alarms (before the vault break-in of course) run. Clever placement and "realistic" enemy presence.

Btw, I wish i could taker down that Zukovsky-like arms dealer.

P.S. "Don't fall for old habits, James" made a whole lot of sense in game Wink
I found out the hard way.

Naka,
Glad you enjoyed it! The Dam level just might be my favorite level in terms of design in the game and we really wanted to make it comparable to the opening sequences in the Bond films. A couple of our favorite playthroughs may make it to YouTube in the next coming days. I think Moneypenny's line really ties that whole portion into the level perfectly. Mission 2 is coming together pretty nicely. We do not have anything to show off yet but should have some screens to show off soon.

Cheers!
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A chunk of Mission 2's setup file has been completed. Here are the first two shots from the mission:

Now that a decent chunk of the mission has been put together, expect to see updates much more frequently until the next patch's release.

Cheers!
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spent a couple of hours working on Dam's setup today. I noticed that were unused 16 tags still in the setup file, so I've worked to tidy it up. Since first working on the level, I've learned a great deal - many of the objects in the setup are 27 presets. I've slowly started converting as many of them as possible into 00 presets as I've read that they take up much less space. A couple of small bug fixes and text modifications have also been made. This update will be included in Mission 2's patch. I should have a couple more screens up of level 2 in the next few days.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry too much about using 00 basic pads instead of 2710 advanced pads to save memory space. It isn't a bad move, if you're fine with how the particular objects appear without controlling various dimensions, such as crates. Take a look at how many advanced style are used in Archives. There are a ton, to say the least. So while I definitely support the decision to use 00 pads wherever you can, don't be afraid to use them advanced types to fine tune certain things.

Glad to hear you're making good progress, yet still going back to update things already worked on previously. Sometimes it feels like something will never truly be done, as long as you have ideas, bug reports, or just want to optimize. Main thing is to stay interested in the project. Once that goes... that's when mods go permanently dark.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about using 00 basic pads instead of 2710 advanced pads to save memory space. It isn't a bad move, if you're fine with how the particular objects appear without controlling various dimensions, such as crates. Take a look at how many advanced style are used in Archives. There are a ton, to say the least. So while I definitely support the decision to use 00 pads wherever you can, don't be afraid to use them advanced types to fine tune certain things.

Glad to hear you're making good progress, yet still going back to update things already worked on previously. Sometimes it feels like something will never truly be done, as long as you have ideas, bug reports, or just want to optimize. Main thing is to stay interested in the project. Once that goes... that's when mods go permanently dark.

That was actually one of my main concerns as none of the crates in the Dam setup were 00 presets. I spent a few hours mostly converting those boxes. In the process, I've fine-tuned four action blocks, fixed a few formatting inconsistencies, and squashed two bugs. We're having a fun time doing this. We've had to go back to the drawing board a couple of times for the second mission, just due to how certain things were playing out. We didn't have much of a road-map for the second mission, other than the basic outline in where it fell in place with the story. The next four missions after this one are much more planned and should have a much quicker turnaround time.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a bit you can toggle in an action block so a player can or can't activate an object? I see the bitflag option for it but I don't want the player to be able to activate an object until after a certain amount of time. Currently, the player can still activate it but it has a delayed response.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aren't there some actions that can enable and / or disable object bitflags? I know there was at least the one pair, which can let you change things in the invincible and collisions range. It sounds like it's simple enough. If not, maybe make two versions of the same object, and show / hide the right ones when the event has occurred that should let the player activate it. Not sure if the player would be within the area to see the swap, though.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If not, maybe make two versions of the same object, and show / hide the right ones when the event has occurred that should let the player activate it. Not sure if the player would be within the area to see the swap, though.

Swapping objects might be the way to go. I'm going to keep playing with it until the desired effect is achieved. Anyways, here are a couple new screens showing off the level!

- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Last edited by connery as bond on Thu May 26, 2016 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Expect the next level to be arriving within the next couple weeks! We have been working on it tirelessly, although lately our schedules have been pretty swamped. We should be wrapping up with the finishing touches and last minute additions/tweaks.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking good, fellas. I like how you're changing some textures and colours around to give things a new feel. Any plans on doing similar to props or characters? That would really help to set it apart from the original.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We haven't really discussed changing characters around.

As for props, there are a couple things we have talked about doing. Is the editor capable of editing textures on props? Some of the objects have shading on them that we would like to remove or modify.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You might need to speak with SubDrag, but that should definitely be possible. Shading is mostly RGB colours applied to the texture, so editing that is fairly simple (once you get the hang of things). I think Edit Model mode is what you need.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A short preview of Mission 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGZC3vAfbxA
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking good. Did you remove the exterior buildings in the courtyard? May be of some slight help with performance, since more objects and guards are out there. Nice job giving the level a different overall feel.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Looking good. Did you remove the exterior buildings in the courtyard? May be of some slight help with performance, since more objects and guards are out there. Nice job giving the level a different overall feel.

Yeah, all of the exterior buildings that aren't part of the playing area were removed early on - when we decided to set the level in the VR, we removed anything that wasn't part of the playable area to make it feel like the building complex is the only thing being simulated. It's the same reason the level doesn't have a sky. Looking out into the black void gives the impression that nothing else was generated for the simulation. Very glad to hear the level has a different feel. We're really working hard to achieve that.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: