ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project: GoldenEye (Mod Update 10/31/20)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Project: GoldenEye (Mod Update 10/31/20) Reply with quote Back to top

Project: GoldenEye v2.1

---------------------------------------------------

Our goal for this patch was to update and fix a variety of bugs in the two levels that have been currently released.

In addition, this new patch will also include a new multiplayer setup and two new multiplayer weapon sets. An issue with the AR33's prop model
in the Timed and Remote Mine weapon sets has also been fixed.

- Newest additions have an exclaimation mark (!) tacked onto the end.

Select Mission:
01. Return to Arkhangelsk
02. Q-Lab VR

MP Levels:
01. MI6 Headquarters!

MP Characters:
01. Bond
*Pierce Brosnan #4E, Black Tuxedo

MP Weapon Sets:
01. Covert Weapons!
2x Throwing Knife
2x PPK (silenced)
2x Sniper Rifle
2x MP5K (silenced)
02. Explosives!
2x Hand Grenade
1x Timed Mine
1x Proximity Mine
2x Micro Uzi (9mm)
1x Grenade Launcher
1x Rocket Launcher

Cheat Options:
01. Full Ammo
Gives Bond maximum ammunition for every weapon he possesses. However, unlike Infinite Ammo, ammunition is consumed as normal.
*How to Unlock: Complete Q-Lab VR on Secret Agent in 9:00 or less.
02. Covert Weapons
Bond starts every mission with a Hunting Knife, Throwing Knives, a PPK (silenced), an MP5K (silenced), and a Sniper Rifle, with maximum ammo for all of them.
*How to Unlock: Complete Dam on Agent in 3:45 or less.

Bond's Arsenal

Weapons:
01. Hunting Knife
02. Throwing Knife
03. Walther PPK
04. PPK (silenced)
05. Tokarev TT33
06. Skorpion vz. 61
07. Kalashnikov AKSU-74
08. Micro Uzi (9mm)
08. H&K MP5K
09. MP5K (silenced)
10. Spectre M4
11. Remington 870
12. Automatic Shotgun
13. Sniper Rifle
14. Grenade Launcher
15. Rocket Launcher
16. Hand Grenade
17. Moonraker Laser

Gadgets:
01. Bomb Defuser

M Briefing:

An MI5 operation has uncovered a weapon smuggling operation that has ties to Northern Russia. It now appears that our friends on the other side of the Thames won't
be able to handle the entire operation on their own.

You leave for Arkhangelsk tonight, 007. A supply truck is en-route to the location and we need you to intercept it when it arrives. We also need proof of the syndicate's
activities so be on the lookout for a copy of their shipping records.

I shouldn't have to remind you that Q expects you to bring back your equipment in usuable condition.

Good luck, 007.

- M

Project: GoldenEye is a planned twenty level single player mod for the N64 game, GoldenEye 007. The current goal is to have a fifteen level campaign with five bonus
levels once you beat the story on the higher difficulties. The story is a mixture of elements of the GoldenEye movie and game storyline, mixed in with some new content.

In order to play, you'll need an original NTSC GoldenEye 007 N64 ROM. We suggest using the GoldenEye Setup Editor to patch the ROM as it makes it very simple to
do so. Simply go to Tools > Apply .ISP Patch, select the original unbyteflipped ROM, choose the Project GoldenEye v2-1.isp file, and then generate the modded ROM. Be sure the
name is different from the original ROM. This hack was built on Zoinkity's 8MB GoldenEye hack, so special thanks there! Some of the stuff we are doing wouldn't be
possible without it. If playing on emulator, be sure to have the proper rom settings to take into account the 8MB memory allocation.

We've tested the hack extensively on the EverDrive 64 and on Mupen. We'd like to say the hack is as bug-free as possible. However, if you are able to find any
bugs/glitches, please don't hesitate to let us know. We can be reached at fallenangelfilms@yahoo.com or at www.facebook.com/fallenangelfilms. Be sure to check out our
YouTube at http://www.YouTube.com/user/FallenAngelFilmsLLC to watch the latest videos from the mod! We would love to see your videos, too!

We also have a topic at the Shooter's Forever Forum for the project. You'll find that the most up-to-date information can be found here:
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6799&start=0

Special thanks to SubDrag, Wreck, Zoinkity, and the countless others who have helped in the making of this mod. We appreciate all of the help and we can't wait to hear your
feedback!

Websites of Interest:

GoldenEye Vault
http://www.goldeneyevault.com

Shooters Forever Forum Topic
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6799&start=0

The Official Project: GoldenEye Playlist on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3gT4zsH3Xw&list=PLSei25zXjv0L6tas3S2n_0VH0CiCs3IYx&index=1

Project: GoldenEye on Mod DB
http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-goldeneye1

Update 2.1 12/23/16

[Dam]
Updates...
A path connection has been created between Room 35 and Room 72 (Preset 001A to Preset 0091).
Three more guards have been added to the level.
A security gate screen has been added to the far end of the compound.
Modified door #018.
Modified action block 1001.
Modified action block 1002.
Modified action block 1009.
Modified action block 100A.
Modified action block 100B.
Modified action block 100C.
Modified action block 100D.
A door opening sound effect has been added to the mission's ending cutscene.
Both keyboards and monitors associated with the vault have been modified.
Removed the red stripe graphic from behind the level's intro/exit shutter door to correct a visualization issue.

LdamE.bin...
Fixed an issue with a text string that wasn't displaying properly in-game.

[Q-Lab VR]
Updates...
The gate in the courtyard has new activation text.
Modified a door in the basement.
Modified door #004.
Modified door #005.
Modified door #00E.
Modified door #00F.
Modified door #011.
Modified door #012.
Modified door #01C.
Modified door #01D.
Modified action block 0402.
Modified action block 0414.
The three glass panes in the ceiling (Presets 276A, 2773, and 2778) have been modified.
Modified a wall near the bomb in the basement.

LarkE.bin...
The briefing text has been slightly modified.
The objective "Collect Mission Dossier" has been updated to "Report to Q's Assistant."

[Archives]
Updates...
Fixed an issue with Archive's background data featuring some texture work from an early Q-Lab VR build.

[Miscellaneous]
LmpweaponsE.bin...
Modified the "Slappers only!" text string to display the new weapon set name.
Modified the "Grenades" text string to display the new weapon set name.

LtitleE.bin...
Updated to feature the new location setting for Mission Group 3.
Updated a text string for the Multiplayer Level Select screen.
Updated a text string for the Multiplayer Options screen.

[Multiplayer Levels]
MI6 Headquarters...
Select image for MI6 HQ reflects new level background.
Ump_setuparchZ.bin has been used as a base for this setup.

Ump_setuparkZ.bin...
Character/Cuff now set to "Jungle Bond," which fixes an inconsistency with certain characters using the Watch Detonator.

[Weapons]
Throwing Knife...
Fixed an inconsistency with the pickup text.

Klobb...
Fixed an inconsistency with the pickup and watch text.

ZMG (9mm)...
New pickup text has been assigned.
Updated the watch text to display the proper weapon name.

D5K Deutsche...

D5K (silenced)...

Rocket Launcher...
The pickup text has been reformatted.

Hand Grenade...
Updated the watch text to display the proper weapon name.

[Weapon Sets]
Covert Weapons...
This set replaces the "Slappers only!" weapon set.
2x Throwing Knife
2x PPK (silenced)
2x Sniper Rifle
2x MP5K (silenced)

Explosives...
This set replaces the "Grenades" weapon set.
2x Hand Grenade
1x Timed Mine
1x Proximity Mine
2x Micro Uzi (9mm)
1x Grenade Launcher
1x Rocket Launcher

Remote Mines...
Fixed the weapon image for both AR33 spawns.
Note: This weapon set may not remain in future builds.

Timed Mines...
Fixed the weapon image for both AR33 spawns.
Note: This weapon set may not remain in future builds.

- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Last edited by connery as bond on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:54 am; edited 18 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you swap allocation strings as well? You basically need to adjust all level settings, then change the text bank digits to be the other guys. You are probably crashing if text digits aren't swapped (aka any level on Dam, must use Dam's text digits, and Runway only Runways). You can't just swap setups/briefings cause of that.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I figured that out pretty quickly (tried booting it up on my Everdrive using Runway's text in Dam's slot but it crashed obviously).

I did get some texture corruptions before I started playing with the 21990 values but I don't have a complete understanding of how they work. I've been mostly just looking at Rare's values and trying to match them up and testing... mostly trial and error and haven't had any success, yet.

I have been able to get the stage to boot up (the bullet icon on the ammo counter was still corrupted but the level crashed as soon as I was given control of Bond).

EDIT: Hmmh, that's odd. I've kept the setup file tied to both Dam and Runway's slots on the folder menu. When I try to load the setup attached to Dam, I only get the level's music. When I load up the setup from Runway, as soon as I gain control of Bond, it locks up.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Managed to solve this one by playing with those values in the 21990 table.

Going off some guides of the Vault, I'm trying to get a guard to trigger an alarm as soon as he detects Bond. I have the guard's action block set to trigger an object and the alarm set as an 05 object. I then copied the contents from the Vault's "Sound an Alarm" tutorial. However, any time I get close to the guard, the level crashes. I have looked at the action blocks in Dam and Bunker i to see how they work but don't quite understand what I'm looking at.

- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea what all objects you have in your setup file, but some objects, especially vehicles, use a ton of texture memory.

You can push the -mt values to a point, but you can only go so far and the best solution is to minimize the number of objects which use a ton of memory. For example, limit vehicle variety to 2 or 3 different types - same with guard variety.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Always click Check Syntax when doing action blocks, to make sure nothing is a syntax problem.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I realized really quickly that vehicles take up a ton of memory so I'll definitely have to reign my creativity in as I start refining the level haha

After some tinkering, I've managed to get the alarm/guard spawns properly working.

I have a question about the guard's action block that is going to activate the alarm. I see that Rare used the "Guard Activates Object" action block for any guard that would run to an alarm and activate it. However, I simply cannot get this to work. The game crashes if that guard detects Bond before you're able to kill him.

I thought of a workaround (basically, the guard would go through random animations until detected, then he would run to a preset situated next to the alarm and when he's within x amount of that preset, start the action block that will set the alarm off). Would this get the same effect? Or am I just applying the "Guard Activates Object" preset wrong?

EDIT: It seems that the "Actor Triggers Object" will work, as long as I change the guard's 2328 pad to the same one as the alarm...how would I go about doing this?

EDIT2: I finally got that block to work. Very odd, however...the guard just runs around in circles...occasionally he will find his way to the alarm but most of the time he doesn't. I changed it so he has to be near a preset underneath the alarm before it activates...how big is a unit? I have it set so he would have to be 40 units within and he still cannot find his way to the preset...will keep working on this. Is this a glitch in the system?

EDIT3: After playing around with it, I managed it! Works perfectly!
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Question regarding guard spawning after an alarm is raised. I've tried searching the forums and the Vault for an answer but couldn't find one.

I've been looking at how Rare did their blocks on Bunker i. I'm able to get the guards to spawn in to my level properly. But where exactly in the action block does it state if a guard is wearing sunglasses or not?

The level takes place at night so it's very odd to have these guards spawned in wearing these. Probably just a simple tag I have to modify but I'm unsure as to what.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyways, in the command

No Sunglasses
BD04FF000100020000000006 Spawn Guard (Janus Special Forces: Black Jumpsuit) (Random Head)

Sunglasses
BD04FF000100020000000106 Spawn Guard (Janus Special Forces: Black Jumpsuit) (Random Head)

It's the 00000001 bitflag. It's noted I thought in the action info at top of it, from actions.ini

00000001 sunglasses (when applicable)
00000010 scientist? can kill own?

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Anyways, in the command

No Sunglasses
BD04FF000100020000000006 Spawn Guard (Janus Special Forces: Black Jumpsuit) (Random Head)

Sunglasses
BD04FF000100020000000106 Spawn Guard (Janus Special Forces: Black Jumpsuit) (Random Head)

It's the 00000001 bitflag. It's noted I thought in the action info at top of it, from actions.ini

00000001 sunglasses (when applicable)
00000010 scientist? can kill own?

Haven't had a chance to get back to the level for a couple of days. This worked like a charm. Almost done with the level.

However, I tweaked a section of the level today and now I'm getting an error message saying the level must be less than a certain amount of bytes. Is this something I have to tweak in 21990 or did I hit the limit to the amount of items/objects in the level?
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Press F7 instead of F5 so injects not convert and can fit bigger.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the fast reply SubDrag. It's very appreciated. ROM works good.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Getting close to having this mission finalized. Doing the finishing touches now. I was wondering how to change the pickup strings for certain things. Right now it says, "Picked up a key." but I want it to say, "Pick up a Clearance Keycard." I've added the text to the level's text file as I had seen similar things done on other levels. I can't figure out where in the objects tab I would go to assign the text.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Add a 25 Rename object to your setup, choose the 04 Keycard object you want to rename, the image the keycard shows in the watch, and each of the text strings for renaming the item and your pickup text. Just make sure the text you're using is from the proper level, or else it could crash the mission when you grab the keycard. Check out a setup like Facility if you need better details.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: nice! Reply with quote Back to top

Looks nice Wink good work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: