ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project: GoldenEye (Mod Update 10/31/20)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basically our plan is to rework the GoldenEye storyline into a familiar, yet new experience, with fifteen core levels and five bonus levels. The story is comprised of elements from the film, game, novelization and some original content - the challenge has been making sure the original content fits into the Brosnan-Bond experience established in GoldenEye.

In our version of the story, MI5 had been working a case involving illegal arms turning up in the UK for some time. The most recent cache is able to be traced to a Russian shipping port, operating at the Byelomorye Dam in Arkhangelsk. Events that happened in the movie/game will happen, but in a “twisted” style. For instance, in the film, Bond is evaluated in Monte Carlo by an MI6 psychological evaluator. In our version of the story, M (who is implied to have recently taken the position over) states that Bond needs to pass a combat training evaluation in order to be re-cleared for active service. The whole Q-Lab VR scenario was heavily inspired by scenes in Die Another Day.

The newest batch of levels follow Bond to Austria, as he infiltrates and attempts to destroy the factory manufacturing a number of those illegal arms.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm one of the lucky few to have previewed some of the newer missions, and I think people will be in for a nice treat when they see what's coming out next.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I´m glad that shootersforever is still online and active Very Happy
I can´t wait for that new mod Very Happy
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to having a go at this when it comes out.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DF Ank1 wrote:
I´m glad that shootersforever is still online and active Very Happy
I can´t wait for that new mod Very Happy

DF, I am sure you will be pleased to hear that some of the original concepts that we worked on a couple of years ago have made their way into the finished level. Rebuilt from scratch...could never figure out the clipping originally, but I feel like the finished product is a combination of the best of both worlds. You'll get a special thanks in the credits Smile

For storyline purposes, level three is a full blown stealth level — one of the things that took the longest was implementing stealth mechanics into the gameplay, like doing distance checks for guards and cameras and deactivating them so they can’t tag you across the level or through the level’s fog. One objective is tied into staying stealthy, but a lot of attention was paid to making sure that the security cameras never feel cheap or like the game has an unfair advantage. The level’s difficulty should fall somewhere between “Return to Arkhangelsk” and “Q-Lab VR.”

Previous levels have also been slightly modified, including bug fixes and the addition of moving cinematic cameras. I will post a full list of changes from the previous build as we get closer to release.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Last edited by connery as bond on Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: