ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project: GoldenEye (Mod Update 10/31/20)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One more short preview, this one showing off the effectiveness (or, rather, ineffectiveness) of the Klobb: https://youtu.be/ura54cufCm4

The level is nearing completion. It should hopefully be available soon!
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update: The level is 98% done - we are just working on tweaking a few minor things with the level's ending and then the new cheat unlock needs to be implemented - Invincibility's unlock will be moved to a different level for the mod. This new patch for Project: GoldenEye should hopefully be available in the next few weeks. We're shooting for a release before September 1st. I'll post a full list of updates to the mod when patch 2 is submitted to SubDrag.

- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The second level is finally complete!

I've updated the first post with a list of all the changes that will be coming with Project: GoldenEye's second patch! Stay tuned...
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent! I'll have to give it a whirl once it's been uploaded to the Vault.

Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the slight delay guys! The level should be released fully in the next couple of days, we're just doing some last minute testing to make sure things are smooth. Smile

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

007 wrote:
Sorry for the slight delay guys! The level should be released fully in the next couple of days, we're just doing some last minute testing to make sure things are smooth. Smile

The patch for level 2 has been sent to SubDrag. This should hopefully be available on the vault soon!
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Project: GoldenEye (Q-Lab VR released!) Reply with quote Back to top

connery as bond wrote:
Project: GoldenEye

Select Mission:
1. Return to Arkhangelsk
2. Q-Lab VR

MP Levels:

MP Characters:

MP Weapons:

Cheat Options:
1. *New Cheat* Play to find out!
2. Covert Weapons

An MI5 operation has uncovered a weapon smuggling operation that has ties to Northern Russia. It now appears that our friends on the other side of the Thames won't
be able to handle the entire operation on their own.

You leave for Arkhangelsk tonight, 007. A supply truck is en-route to the location and we need you to intercept it when it arrives. We also need proof of the syndicate's
activities so be on the lookout for a copy of their shipping records.

I shouldn't have to remind you that Q expects you to bring back your equipment in usuable condition.

Good luck, Bond.

- M

---------------------------------------------------

Project: GoldenEye is currently a twenty level single player mod for the N64 game, GoldenEye. The plan is to have a fifteen level campaign with five bonus levels once you
beat the story on the higher difficulties. The story is a mixture of elements of the GoldenEye movie and game storyline, mixed with some new content.

We've tested the hack extensively on the EverDrive 64 and on Mupen. We'd like to say the hack is as bug-free as possible. However, if you are able to find any bugs/glitches, please don't hesitate to let us know. Be sure to check out our YouTube at http://www.YouTube.com/user/FallenAngelFilmsLLC to watch the latest videos from the mod! We would love to see your videos, too!

Special thanks to SubDrag, Wreck, Zoinkity, and the countless others who have helped in the making of this mod. We appreciate all of the help and we can't wait to hear your
feedback!

Update 2

[Dam]
Updates...
Two more guards have been added to the level.
Fixed an issue with a guard's path that prevented him from completing his path loop.
Modified action block 406.
Modified action block 407.
Modified action block 419.
Modified action block 1001.
Modified action block 1008.
Modified action block 1009.
Modified action block 100A.
The body armor in the level has been slightly moved.
Door #003 is no longer linked to Door #00E.

Objectives...
Instead of completing the "Destroy Military Supply Truck" objective when the bomb is planted, it's now completed once the truck is destroyed.
Slightly modified how Objective C plays.

LdamE.bin...
The briefing text has been slightly modified.
Reformatted a text string to keep consistency with Level 2.

[Q-Lab VR]
*New Level* Mission 2, Part i
Updated the recon and mission select images to display proper the level.

[Cheat Options]
Invincible...
Cheat unlock has been moved to a different level.

*New Cheat*
New cheat unlocked on completion of Q-Lab VR on Secret Agent in 9:00 or less.

[Miscellaneous]
ArchSecDoor1Z.bin...
Retextured to match the new background for Q-Lab VR.

ArchSecDoor2Z.bin...
Retextured to match the new background for Q-Lab VR.

LtitleE.bin...
Updated to feature new mission name and location for Q-Lab VR.
Updated the Mission Groups to reflect the story structure of Project: GoldenEye (Special Thanks to Wreck!).
Updated Mission 2's recon image to display the proper level.

Pboxes2x4Z.bin...
Removed the Russian text and star grafitti from the metal crates to match the location for Q-Lab VR.

[Weapons]
Hunting Knife...
The pickup text has been reformatted.
Fixed an inconsistency between the main watch screen and the inventory screen.

Throwing Knife...

PP7 Special Issue...
New pickup text has been assigned.

PP7 (silenced)...

DD44 Dostovei...
Updated the watch text to display the proper weapon name.

Klobb...

KF7 Soviet...

D5K Deutsche...

D5K (silenced)...

Phantom...

Shotgun...
Increased the recoil, accuracy and damage.
Decreased the magazine size.

Automatic Shotgun...
Fixed an inconsistency with the inventory screen text.
Increased the firing rate.
Decreased the accuracy and damage.

Shotgun Cartridge...

Sniper Rifle...
Reformatted the text for the main watch screen.

Grenade Launcher...

Moonraker Laser...

Watch Laser...
Reformatted the text for the main watch screen.

Screenshots:

Level two is now released! Check the vault out now!
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=313
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was told a lot of people are having issues running this on emulators, although we have exclusively tested this on the Everdrive I can confirm it works with Mupen64++ and rice's video plugin.

Using the following settings, both levels run fine. The skys are static, however this does not deteriorate gameplay.

Images

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't had a chance to play this as of yet, but it is definitely on my list! Will let you know if there are any issues getting it to load via emulation, but will be testing it on console, too.

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just played this on my N64 and I had a blast! I can't wait to see what else is in store!

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Haven't had a chance to play this as of yet, but it is definitely on my list! Will let you know if there are any issues getting it to load via emulation, but will be testing it on console, too.

Sounds great, Wreck. You'll definitely have to let us know what you think when you try it out!

Jhirmer614 wrote:
I just played this on my N64 and I had a blast! I can't wait to see what else is in store!

Playing it on the N64 is definitely my perferred way of playing. Glad to hear you enjoyed it - it let's us know we're working in the rigit direction. We really want this mod to feel like a true alternative to the missions. One of the reasons the second level took so long to complete was due to the complete makeover the stage's background got.

The next patch will continue Bond's mission in Austria and should also include a small look into what we have plamned for Project: GoldenEye's multiplayer.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very, very good work, you guys! I really enjoyed both those missions. Took me a while to beat them (went straight to 00 Agent), but that's not a bad thing at all.

Hehe, I really liked what happened when I went over the bungee jump in Dam. I won't spoil it for people, but it's worth jumping over at least once.

Pretty cool area at the bottom of the Dam, with the tinted glass doors and control terminals. Glad I had body armour from earlier.

The guy who runs to an alarm when you open the security gate where the modem screen in normal GE was is pretty fast. He got there on two attempts before I managed to kill him. It might be the framerate dipping that helps him out, as it's harder to shoot him with the stuttering.

Real nice job on VR Lab. While you know it is Archives, there are enough alterations and additions to make it feel different. Especially without the bookshelves. The attic looked cool, though I didn't spend much time up there.

The final objective, about collecting mission brief, could be confusing. I figured it meant to go back to the start room and press the wall switch, but to be safe, I did a lap around the level seeing if there was a file on a table. Could maybe change the text to "Report back to Q's assistant" or something. Maybe also add a line of text when trying to open the original interrogation room door to "This area is beyond the simulation limits" or similar. As it not saying anything when trying to open leaves you wondering.

Look forward to what is next! I hope you guys continue to push things, and continue the creative setups you have going. And if you ever need help trying something new that I may have some experience with, I'm here Smile

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear you liked them, Wreck! The second level is definitely harder - I would say Dam on 00 should be comparable to Bunker i while Q-Lab VR on 00 should be similar to Frigate in terms of difficulty. Simply giving them different guns upped the difficulty considerably, but it just didn't feel right giving the terrorists KF7s. The fact that MP5Ks are used by the UK Special Forces, coupled with the fact that the Phantom is a "terrorist favorite," seemed to be a good enough reason for some gameplay variation.

Quote:
The final objective, about collecting mission brief, could be confusing. I figured it meant to go back to the start room and press the wall switch, but to be safe, I did a lap around the level seeing if there was a file on a table. Could maybe change the text to "Report back to Q's assistant" or something. Maybe also add a line of text when trying to open the original interrogation room door to "This area is beyond the simulation limits" or similar. As it not saying anything when trying to open leaves you wondering.

We were hoping that the red blinking light changing to a green blinking light on that switch would be enough to signal the player that it's okay to press it then. It may indeed have to be looked at again - the ending was literally the last thing programmed into the level.

Quote:
Look forward to what is next! I hope you guys continue to push things, and continue the creative setups you have going.

Without giving any spoilers away for future levels/patches, we have every intention of doing so. Very Happy
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

nakata6790
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished this on Not64, great work. Once again i must complement the really well thought out enemy and item placement, they give an air of authenticity (i.e. not "videogame-y" not present in the original (00 agent).

One note on the Dam level, i think enemy respawning could be less pronounced (as it is atm, i think 3 guards respawn in the room where the covert modem was attached on the original and 3 guards spawn at the far end of the dam road?). I had a no alarm run (till the breach of course) and i could tell from the frametate when a new spawn took place.

As for the VR level, i really liked the small changes to the geometry and layout of the level. The armory was also a really nice addition, i felt like a kid in a candystore when i opened the door. I also think like Wreck said that the final objective should be more direct, or at least have an extra line or two at the briefing (from Moneypenny or Q, or w/e). I also managed a no alarms run after a few tries and stealth really makes a difference here.

All in all great work! Looking forward to the next build and the new set of levels.

Spoilers!

From what i gather, Depot or Train would be next right? But as Salzburg or London Train Station?
I liked seeing Dr. Doak again, hopefully he pops up in a later mission as an operative again.

/spoilers

Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are looking into the suggestions/issues you guys have brought up, thank you for bringing them to our attention.

As far as the next level being depot or train, I can say its neither of those maps, however, I can understand why you would think that considering you get a train ticket. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: