ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project: GoldenEye (Mod Update 10/31/20)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The two of you seem to make for a great team. It can be difficult coming up with ideas all by yourself, so it's nice to have someone else to discuss possibilities with. Sometimes another person can throw a concept out there that you might not have thought of, and it can really get the creative juices flowing. I'm sure with you guys banging heads together, that this project will grow into something that pleases both veteran GE gamers, and people a little newer to it.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nakata6790 wrote:
One note on the Dam level, i think enemy respawning could be less pronounced (as it is atm, i think 3 guards respawn in the room where the covert modem was attached on the original and 3 guards spawn at the far end of the dam road?). I had a no alarm run (till the breach of course) and i could tell from the frametate when a new spawn took place.

From what I've found, guards really won't pass through the metal gate that separates the dam from the outer compound where the lock was found at in the original game. The path presets aren't linked through that doorway so we stuck two locations for guard spawns in the level - we could always link those presets together, I'm just not sure if it will increase the level's setup file and if so, by how much.

nakata6790 wrote:
I also think like Wreck said that the final objective should be more direct.

I can confirm that this is something that will be remedied for the next patch. Dam has already received a couple very minor tweaks - mostly under the hood type stuff with two-or-three action blocks. For instance, the Arms Dealer no longer has to open those blast doors inside the Dam by himself. They will now open automatically when he gets within a certain distance. As usual, the readme.txt that will be included with the patch will have a list of all the changes since v2.

nakata6790 wrote:
From what i gather, Depot or Train would be next right? But as Salzburg or London Train Station?

Like 007 said, neither of those two levels are actually the location for the next mission. All I can say at the moment is that the next four missions will make up the Austrian portion of the game. Like the armory in Q-Lab VR, expect future levels to have little side-quests (within reason) that reward the player for exploring the levels.

Wreck wrote:
The two of you seem to make for a great team. It can be difficult coming up with ideas all by yourself, so it's nice to have someone else to discuss possibilities with. Sometimes another person can throw a concept out there that you might not have thought of, and it can really get the creative juices flowing.

I think it helps out not only creatively but also with testing purposes. I think it also helps that we've both been fans of the game and the movie for such a long time. Smile
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's something fun.

Years ago I made a couple weapon set gameshark codes using the Weapon Set Editor. Some of them may make their way into the mod for some multiplayer variation. I've converted this one over from codes into this .ROM patch to remove the "Slappers only!" weapon set. Let's be completely honest, that was an absolutely useless weapon set. Did anyone ever really use it?

Quote:
"Covert Weapons"
80048673 0005
80048677 00CC
81048678 4040
80048683 0032
80048687 0001
8004868B 000B
8004868F 00CE
8004869B 0064
8004869F 0001
800486A3 000F
800486A7 00C0
800486AF 0004
800486B3 001E
800486B7 0001
800486BB 0014
800486BF 00BF
810486C0 4040
800486CB 0032
800486CF 0001
800486D3 000B
800486D7 00CE
800486E3 0064
800486E7 0001
800486EB 000B
800486EF 00CE
800486FB 0064
800486FF 0001
80048703 0014
80048707 00BF
81048708 4040
80048713 0032
80048717 0001
8004871B 0014
8004871F 00BF
81048720 4040
8004872B 0032
8004872F 0001
812AEA50 436F
812AEA52 7665
812AEA54 7274
812AEA56 2057
812AEA58 6561
812AEA5A 706F
812AEA5C 6E73

This new set is as follows:

Covert Weapons...
2x Throwing Knife
2x PP7 (silenced)
2x Sniper Rifle
2x D5K (silenced)
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really sure why Rare didn't connect the AI path network between the chain doors in Dam. It would be safe to try in your custom version of the mission. Can't see it really having any negative effects whatsoever. Did the alarm in the original Dam have any consequence? I don't recall any guards being alerted by it.

I played Slappers Only! a few times with a friend. Was a fun diversion from the rest of the game. Trying to move in, chop, and get out before your opponent lands a strike. Takes strategic movement and timing. Hunting knives would also be good, though maybe a touch overpowered (by default).

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I'm not really sure why Rare didn't connect the AI path network between the chain doors in Dam. It would be safe to try in your custom version of the mission. Can't see it really having any negative effects whatsoever. Did the alarm in the original Dam have any consequence? I don't recall any guards being alerted by it.

Okay, I have this change implemented in the Project: GoldenEye .rom now. I'm guessing the only reason it wasn't connected in the first place was due to the lock being on the gate.

I just did a run through on Rare's Dam and it looks like the guard and commandant in the covert modem building are the only two guards that were alerted by it. That's something I've never really noticed before, to be honest.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's been some time since this thread has last been updated!

The next level in Bond's story is currently being developed. We're currently working out our ideas and plans.

In the meantime, Patch 2.1 will be released in the coming weeks. This new patch will include a variety of bug fixes and updates to the previous two levels that have been released for the mod (Return to Arkhangelsk and Q-Lab VR). As a bonus, we have also decided to include a couple of modifications to GoldenEye's multiplayer component in this patch. More details about exactly what has been changed or what is included in this next patch will be revealed as we get closer to the patch's release.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dams alarm seems to be seperated into 2 consiquences.

!st Alarm alerts the commendant and a soldier from the building and spawns 2 extra Siberian Guards that run from the double gates to the alarm.

All guards wait at the alarm untill they see you then they give chase.

Turning off collisions, the 2 spawned guards can open the padlocked gate leaving the padlock floating in air.
No other guards seem to do this.

Any remaining alarm only allerts its own Tower guard and 1 below.

Trev

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As promised, here is a complete list of updates for Project: GoldenEye Patch v2.1! Our goal for this patch was to update and fix a variety of bugs in the two levels that have been currently released.

In addition, this new patch will also include a new multiplayer setup and two new multiplayer weapon sets. An issue with the AR33's prop model in the Timed and Remote Mine weapon sets has also been fixed.

---------------------------------------------------

Update 2.1

[Dam]
Updates...
A path connection has been created between Room 35 and Room 72 (Preset 001A to Preset 0091).
Three more guards have been added to the level.
A security gate screen has been added to the far end of the compound.
Modified door #018.
Modified action block 1001.
Modified action block 1002.
Modified action block 1009.
Modified action block 100A.
Modified action block 100B.
Modified action block 100C.
Modified action block 100D.
A door opening sound effect has been added to the mission's ending cutscene.
Both keyboards and monitors associated with the vault have been modified.
Removed the red stripe graphic from behind the level's intro/exit shutter door to correct a visualization issue.

LdamE.bin...
Fixed an issue with a text string that wasn't displaying properly in-game.

[Q-Lab VR]
Updates...
The gate in the courtyard has new activation text.
Modified a door in the basement.
Modified door #004.
Modified door #005.
Modified door #00E.
Modified door #00F.
Modified door #011.
Modified door #012.
Modified door #01C.
Modified door #01D.
Modified action block 0402.
Modified action block 0414.
The three glass panes in the ceiling (Presets 276A, 2773, and 2778) have been modified.
Modified a wall near the bomb in the basement.

LarkE.bin...
The briefing text has been slightly modified.
The objective "Collect Mission Dossier" has been updated to "Report to Q's Assistant."

[Archives]
Updates...
Fixed an issue with Archive's background data featuring some texture work from an early Q-Lab VR build.

[Miscellaneous]
LmpweaponsE.bin...
Modified the "Slappers only!" text string to display the new weapon set name.
Modified the "Grenades" text string to display the new weapon set name.

LtitleE.bin...
Updated to feature the new location setting for Mission Group 3.
Updated a text string for the Multiplayer Level Select screen.
Updated a text string for the Multiplayer Options screen.

[Multiplayer Levels]
MI6 Headquarters...
Select image for MI6 HQ reflects new level background.
Ump_setuparchZ.bin has been used as a base for this setup.

Ump_setuparkZ.bin...
Character/Cuff now set to "Jungle Bond," which fixes an inconsistency with certain characters using the Watch Detonator.

[Weapons]
Throwing Knife...
Fixed an inconsistency with the pickup text.

Klobb...
Fixed an inconsistency with the pickup and watch text.

ZMG (9mm)...
New pickup text has been assigned.
Updated the watch text to display the proper weapon name.

D5K Deutsche...

D5K (silenced)...

Rocket Launcher...
The pickup text has been reformatted.

Hand Grenade...
Updated the watch text to display the proper weapon name.

[Weapon Sets]
Covert Weapons...
This set replaces the "Slappers only!" weapon set.
2x Throwing Knife
2x PPK (silenced)
2x Sniper Rifle
2x MP5K (silenced)

Explosives...
This set replaces the "Grenades" weapon set.
2x Hand Grenade
1x Timed Mine
1x Proximity Mine
2x Micro Uzi (9mm)
1x Grenade Launcher
1x Rocket Launcher

Remote Mines...
Fixed the weapon image for both AR33 spawns.
Note: This weapon set may not remain in future builds.

Timed Mines...
Fixed the weapon image for both AR33 spawns.
Note: This weapon set may not remain in future builds.

---------------------------------------------------

Expect this next patch to drop in the next couple of days! We will be sending this patch to SubDrag shortly for submission to the Vault.

Cheers!
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've sent the latest patch of Project: GoldenEye (v2.1) to SubDrag!

Hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas!

- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's up!
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=313

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good job guys. I'm gonna try it this afternoon.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
Good job guys. I'm gonna try it this afternoon.

Please let us know what you think! This patch was aimed at elevating the overall quality of the mod so we hope the changes that have been made only help with the experience.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for this, mate! BTW, I tried to patch the (working) Goldeneye (U) 12MB rom file first with Floating IPS v1.31, and it only resulted in an unbootable file with a bad CRC. I tried it with Lunar IPS v1.01, with the same results.

Up until now I've always used those patchers, which is why I used them now. Anyway, I patched the GE rom with the Goldeneye Setup Editor, as you suggested in the readme file, and it works fine. I just thought you'd need to know that Floating IPS and Lunar IPS don't work with this patch (at least not the version numbers of the programs that I've posted here).

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Thanks for this, mate! BTW, I tried to patch the (working) Goldeneye (U) 12MB rom file first with Floating IPS v1.31, and it only resulted in an unbootable file with a bad CRC. I tried it with Lunar IPS v1.01, with the same results.

Up until now I've always used those patchers, which is why I used them now. Anyway, I patched the GE rom with the Goldeneye Setup Editor, as you suggested in the readme file, and it works fine. I just thought you'd need to know that Floating IPS and Lunar IPS don't work with this patch (at least not the version numbers of the programs that I've posted here).

Hmm, very odd - honestly I would have no idea why. I'm wondering if it is due to Zoinkity's memory expansion mod. Thank you for bringing that issue up.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had some fun exploring Dam again with a whole different setup.
Lots of objects to make it realistic is something I really like.
There was a few panic moments due to unspoted cameras which made it very enjoyable. Been a long time I didn't feel surprised playing solo Goldeneye, haha.

What I didn't like is the sky color, it's unrealistic I did not find it good looking either.
I couldn't finish the mission because I couldn't find the files. I've spend almost 35 minutes on it, Agent and Special and still don't have a clue what to do.

I loled at the sound if you jump from the Dam.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: