ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project: GoldenEye (Mod Update 10/31/20)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You mean the Shipping Records? You'll have to locate and obtain a clearance keycard from the commandant. The documents are inside a high security area within the Dam.

I'd like to think that one of the things that helps with the realism in our levels is that we set up each area sort of like an action scene, but not every area may necessarily be important to the mission or objectives. Future levels will definitely encourage the player to explore to find secrets and hidden weapons or other things.

it's a shame you don't really care for the sky. While not realistic, when combined with the black fog and Surface ii music, we felt that it helped create a certain atmosphere that fit the mission as well as the gameplay style for the mission perfectly.

Fun fact, before we moved Q-Lab VR to it's proper mission slot, we tested the setup with a black sky and dark red clouds.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I Managed to get a keycard and the vault key. But still had no clue what to do next.
There's those 2 strange glass door in the back of the room. One is locked, the other just make some noise but don't move.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Once you collect the vault keycard, you should be able to activate the console on the vault wall that is in-between the two glass panels, which will open one of those doors for you. You will then be able to obtain what you're looking for.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm I really tought I had try this twice. I'll check again tonight !
Thanks.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Good project Reply with quote Back to top

I have an idea similar to yours, but without changing any position of each level

yo tengo una idea semejante a la tuya, pero sin cambiar ninguna posicion de cada nivel

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Made a couple of small modifications to some of the weapons in the game, which really only affecs the "All Guns" cheat.

Having just watched The Man With The Golden Gun, I thought that removing the dual-wielding feature for the Golden Gun only made sense. There's only supposed to be one in existence.

Another weapon that had this feature removed is the Sniper Rifle. Bond is good, but he's not that good. Razz
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's tough to balance realism and fun. I know people liked dual-wielding everything in GE, but some of it is overkill (especially without the momentary invulnerability feature). And you're right about the Sniper Rifle. Good luck using two at a time while not having them both setup in a stationary position.

If you offer the Golden Gun in multiplayer within a weapon set, there is still the chance that more than one player could have one equipped, though. Wink

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It's tough to balance realism and fun. I know people liked dual-wielding everything in GE, but some of it is overkill (especially without the momentary invulnerability feature).

If you offer the Golden Gun in multiplayer within a weapon set, there is still the chance that more than one player could have one equipped, though. Wink

I don't think we will be making any other major changes like that, because I've personally seen everything from characters dual wielding shotguns to assault rifles in various action films. If memory serves me right, in Tomorrow Never Dies, Wai Lin herself dual wields some M16 look alike weapon. When doing the Golden Gun, the sniper rifle also stood out as something that needed to be updated. I had thought about making the Taser dual-wieldable just for kicks, but I don't know how difficult that would be to implement. Would probably have to remove the text from it when mirroring the weapon. Don't know how that affect the Bond logo screen.

You are right about that happening with the golden gun in multiplayer. However, since multiplayer is not canon, I think we can make an exception. Smile
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for knowing how one level replaces another level, so I managed to advance in the sequel to K.I.L.L.E.R. Vs Vendetta.

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have been making a couple of small updates to both levels...

I've fixed the clipping issue with both railings on the edge of the bungee jump platform. You could originally walk through them but thanks to Wreck, I got an idea for a simple fix. You can still take the leap of faith without an issue.

The metal beams that were alongside the far and side walls in the attic have been removed and the gaps in the floors and walls have been corrected. This was something I've wanted to do from the beginning but didn't know how to fix - the metal beams covered some gaps but I didn't know how to move the architecture. Now it looks completely seamless and completes that simulator look. I also retextured that vent, too - now it looks like a bunch of stacked metal crates.

I've also fixed the impact sounds and bullet hit-type on both vehicles headlights and taillights in the Courtyard in Q-Lab VR. Small little detail but the editor makes small changes like this a breeze. Just point and click.

I've been working on getting decent looking Silver PP7 and Gold PP7 models injected over the borg placeholders in the Project: GoldenEye rom. I've injected copies of the regular PP7 into those files fine but I haven't been satisfied with my texturing results yet. Wouldn't mind maybe including them in Multiplayer or something at some point so I feel that it doesn't hurt to have them made. Additionally, I wouldn't mind making one for the Tazer...would I strip that model out of Bond's hand and inject it into the rom?
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Last edited by connery as bond on Sun May 14, 2017 6:02 pm; edited 4 times in total

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy Wow, great, fantastic! Very Happy

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent to hear. I am quite pleased that you're willing to keep going back to previously made missions to enhance them and fix any little issue or bothersome detail. Definitely adds to the professional quality feel, and will encourage players to replay those stages as you continue to release new updates.

I kind of crudely made the Silver and Gold PP7 props for GoldenEye X. I just took the PP7 model, changed the main texture, and pasted in random environment mapping values, stolen from the Golden Gun. They are alright, but could use updating. If you, or someone else, manages to make nice ones (you only need one, since a simple texture swap will make the other one look the same way), I might be interested in using them, as well.

You could probably use the Tazer Boy prop I made for GE-X. Don't think has been in a public release as of yet. Were pics of it...

Are there enough available "held prop by ID" slots in GoldenEye? Did SubDrag manage to extend it for Goldfinger? I know it was short before. Should be in Weapon Stats page someplace, maybe lower left.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That prop looks great, Wreck. Very detailed. If you don't mind us using it, we'd love to - you've helped us out a ton and we can't be more appreciative.

Would the Gun IDs be this you're referring to?
http://imgur.com/a/UPDc3

One small issue I've been having with the weapon pickups is that the Gold PP7 is just a standard object - I have to go back in and modify the settings for you to be able to pick it up as a weapon...similar to how we utilized the silencer object in VR. I'm not sure if I'm missing a setting that will automatically have it setup as a weapon or not. If not, it's not a huge deal.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It might be the "Multi Pickup" in there. It refers to a table of props. I think the two special variant PP7's just reuse the standard model. I don't know if that table currently features enough entries to allow the Silver and Gold PP7's to have their own. You might have to ask SubDrag about it. He would have needed to extend the table for GF64.

You can pick up standard props (03 type) if the right flags are set in your setup file (missions), and you use a 25 Rename to name it and show in the watch menu. You can check the Flight Recorder in Archives as an example.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, yes... it does indeed appear three times. Duplicated for the Silver and Gold I'm sure.

http://imgur.com/a/u4ybg
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: