ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Villa Vent Texture Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Villa Vent Texture Error Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what made me think of this, and I apologize if I or someone posted on this. There is a displaylist error in Villa, that is overlooked by almost everyone, the vent actually has a missing flag set on its C0 texture command (it needs what we call Tile X1, since it has no mipmaps to generate specified in texture). I can see why it got past QA, but it is interesting. And this includes PD 1.1 (though admittedly I didn't check other regions).

It looks like this in emu (I think console is even more garbled):

It's supposed to look like this (with right flag on):

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one, good eye. The stove is an insignificant part of the level and understandbly many would look over it.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I remember I told you about this almost two years ago.
I don't remember what I was looking for when I noticed, though.

We also talked about how wrong was Rare with the shadows in Villa:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_Villashadows_zpsb58ab4ff.jpg
It's like there are multiple suns!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oops I forgot you were the one who found it. I couldn't remember if I had posted it before either.

I think the Villa shadows are way too thick too for any time of day, to match the other shadows. But they probably were just trying to make them artsy.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone confirm that this bug was fixed in the XBLA remake? Just curious on how much was fixed.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh lolz. I've never saw that and I like to take a look at things...

I always wondered if they forgot to make that texture an envmapped one in second mission.
Would have been better if they put the version of that texture without the white square imho, if it's not envmapped.

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
Can anyone confirm that this bug was fixed in the XBLA remake? Just curious on how much was fixed.

Yup, they fixed it. Here's a snapshot of the 360 version running on the Xbox One (the new backwards compatibility is pretty incredible! Rare Replay is going to be amazing.)

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
Nice one, good eye. The stove is an insignificant part of the level and understandbly many would look over it.

Insignificant!? INSIGNIFICANT?! I love that stove!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't that thing called a range hood or something like that? I guess I (and probably many other people) never thought to look up underneath it. Very easy thing to overlook. Neat to see the texture properly displaying now.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

heh, nope, its just a Built Under Oven and hob with extractor hood.
A Range Cooker (Rangemaster etc) is a seperate Oven+Hob that is not Built-in. They usually burn wood and so needed access to put wood in, modern ones of course can be gas or electric.

Its funny that Rare decided that Carrington required 2 Ovens and made one Built-Under and one Built-In (in the tall housing above washing mashine). The other oddity is a washing machine in a tall housing haha.

Talking of washing machine, I noticed it doesnt mip-map yet its a 64x56 and should be able to manually mip-map down 2 levels.

Trev

Woops, I just noticed you said Range Hood and not cooker... sorry.
Yes it probably is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: