ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

(Semi-hack) Perfect Dark HD texture pack (WIP)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: (Semi-hack) Perfect Dark HD texture pack (WIP) Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there!

I''ve been wanting to work on this project for awhile, bu I didn't have a PC that could run HD textures. Now that I do, it'll be a bit easier to make. But even then, I still have some issues.

For those that don't know how HD textures work, some graphic plugins have a feature that takes the textures the emulator's RAM dump, and turns them into files.

You can then edit up the textures and make "HD textures" by doing this. The biggest issue is that the game dumps textures you don't need. I'm also having issues on getting the textures themselves to load in-game.

Here's some textures I've done with the original source textures. I'm trying to make them more accurate to the game, unlike the XBLA port. Most of these textures are from Defection.

New: Left. N64: Right

I will post a screenshot when I get enough textures done, and when I learn to insert the said textures.

Issa
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,
where is u hd pack please ?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They look really great! I know it's very early days, so the pack is a long way from completion, but please don't lose interest, as this could be amazing.

Could you not take some of the textures from the XBox 360 version of the game?

And what emulators allow you to use texture packs in them?

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not to be a smart arse or anything but since this threads been brought back up, when I originally saw this I made this one.
[img]http://fgfc.ddns.net/PerfectGold/1D7D147%2020%2040%2Erom%2Epj.bmp[/img]

Its more of an update rather than a simple 1.5x Bi-Filtered up-scale.

Other City textures
[img]http://fgfc.ddns.net/PerfectGold/1D7D71E%2040%2020.bmp[/img]
[img]http://fgfc.ddns.net/PerfectGold/1D7D410%2040%2020.bmp[/img]

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually forgot about this thread.

Since I got a new gaming desktop, I may try to get things up working, since HD textures used to crash emulators my older computer due to low specs.

I don't really understand how to insert the textures, though. As for using XBLA PD textures, I don't want to because:

1. They're not that accurate to the source material.

2. I'd feel lazy if I did,

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have the textures from the XBLA version all been extracted? I thought only a couple were shown on RWP as comparisons to the originals?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually dunno.

I've always wanted to extract and see the XBLA models and textures, but that's a pipedream.

Another pipedream is me finishing this "project". I no longer have the time to much stuff as I used to, it'd take years for me just to rip and finish Defection's textures.

Unless some nice guy has already dumped every single PD texture for an HD pack use, I'm way too lazy to just rip every texture and look and replace them.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Google found this:

http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-27549.html

which links to a downloadable file called:

Perfect Dark Xbla files (Ripped).zip

(The download link is http://www.mediafire.com/download/y1aogpeok7b73no/Perfect+Dark+Xbla+files+%28Ripped%29.zip)

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that is the same poster from http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6830 & http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13156

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ripping the textures is not that hard - & sometimes the rice plugin by itself fails to get everything -

you have to use Glide napalm to get some that cannot be ripped -

in rice you have to use a key on your keyboard to activate the dumping this will create a folder called texture_dump
with glide you heve to manually open the video plugin options and untick the use high resolution textures and dump mode boxes manually, then run the game , then activate them again manually to force the dumps.

inside this folder there is another, with the name of the game Perfect Dark, in this case, inside you will find (for glide) GlideHQ

if you copy this folder and paste inside under plugins/hires_texture, Rice or glide will call upon it if you activate the option to use hight res textures.

Once a texture has been dumped and replaced the plugin will ignore it.

an exampe is this, load combat simulator and load a character, dump the textures, open the folder where they went , identify which belonged to the character and put them inside a folder with the character's name, do anything you want with those images, make then negatives if you want to make a test. copy thi character folder and paste it inside the perfect dark folder inside another called characters. activete high res textures and they will show up.

i dont know if the texture names are the same with dumps compared to what we can dump using the editor, but you can use the editor to dump things with more accuracy. go to any level, and edit it in the following way.
pick a polygon and tell the editor to erase all polygons that share the same texture. or if possible rather copy them, do this another 5 or 10 times. the point is you can focus on 10 textures at a time, save the project, load the emulator, dump the textures. name the group in the folder,

for objects do the same thing, edit a bare level with no textures, place ten objects 5 or 2, 1 if you want. save the project , load it and dump it, make folders for every object dumped, edit the files save them to a copy of the folder and paste it to the project folder.

you can dump things that you can see in front of you most of the time, so if a room witha pink wall with a chair in it is seen at the moment of texture dumping, that's what will show up in the folder at the time.

if you have a slow machine, run the game at a reasonable resolution to make the dumps , 640 480 windowed is fine.
to see the new texture keep it the same, just get closer to the object wall or whatever and you can still tell the difference.

you can make the new textures 4 times as large , i have managed to see some that i made 8 times larger (coronas in PD)
to me, the hardest textures to replace seem to be the character ones.
the best way to edit them is with a 3D modeling program like Blender and using the original character models that you can dump with the editor.

luckyly there is the zip file with those that belong to the XBLA game, but not all of those textures will work, since the new game had higher polygon counts than the original, you would have to find a way to project them in to the old models and save them accordingly

one last piece of advice - Rename the ROM, change its internal name if you want to avoid confusion when you play the regular game.
it will show in the emulator as bad ROM, just remember to edit the game settings in the same way that Perfectdark1.1 has them. 8mb memory, 16 kb eeprom (kb) are the most important.
use the gemashark cheats or the editor to unlock everything -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: