ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Problems with my custom level for Goldeneye
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Problems with my custom level for Goldeneye Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to make a level on Goldeneye Setup Editor, but i've been having issues with it. While I was editing one of the levels, I've been quick converting it and been testing it out to make sure everything look fine. When I added more stuff such as guards and objects, I quick convert the rom again, start the level, and then it just sits at a black screen while the music in the level is playing. I never had this problem before when i made levels on my old computer, ever since I got a new computer and reinstall the program, the problem occurred. Also, i've notice another problem, on the newer version on Goldeneye Setup Editor, which is 2.5, I cannot dual wield weapons after I kill a guard that carries them. I had no problems with that on the older version, which is 2.4, which i'm currently using at the moment because I want to be able to carry two weapons in my level after I kill a guard. Please help me out as soon as you can. Thank you.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you please post your setup so I can see what has gone wrong?

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]Can you please post your setup so I can see what has gone wrong?[/quote]

https://googledrive.com/host/0B5CoaKyaRYnnfmk3c1NVc1E5SWg4VUpGR3RzQnc2TmMtYU00UXVFRWFycXI4dERMRzlGNjA/

FYI the only thing i'm giving you is the xdelta patch i made and the bin file. The level i'm editing is Aztec.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like you used too much variety of objects so ran out of memory. If you delete all the guards it loads, so I wonder how much variety of guards you have and other props? Unfortunately there are limits in GE.

I didn't see anything wrong with the double gun guard, the guy holds double cougers and you can pick them both up and get double guns when killed. (Guard 48 ). Make sure using latest beta editor too.

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]It looks like you used too much variety of objects so ran out of memory. If you delete all the guards it loads, so I wonder how much variety of guards you have and other props? Unfortunately there are limits in GE.

I didn't see anything wrong with the double gun guard, the guy holds double cougers and you can pick them both up and get double guns when killed. (Guard 48 ). Make sure using latest beta editor too.[/quote]

I'll try to get rid of the scientists guards and possibly the jungle commando guards, including some objects too. The reason why you got double guns is because I was using ge setup editor 2.4, not 2.5, 2.5 doesn't let me carry dual weapons.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you make sure you have the latest beta editor? The dual guns should work perfectly, I reoutput the level from my latest and it did work fine.

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]Did you make sure you have the latest beta editor? The dual guns should work perfectly, I reoutput the level from my latest and it did work fine.[/quote]

You mean 2.5? If so, I already download it but I haven't deleted the one i'm using right now.

Last edited by ZxSilentKLxZ on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In start menu, run as admin, "Get Latest Beta Editor". Then from then on, you can either copy there to use it for normal ones, or run "Beta Editor".

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]In start menu, run as admin, "Get Latest Beta Editor". Then from then on, you can either copy there to use it for normal ones, or run "Beta Editor".[/quote]

Where do I find "Get Latest Beta Editor"? I can't find it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which version of Windows? It's in the start menu, you can just search for it, but it should be under GoldenEye Setup Editor 2 or whatever start menu it is. you can also navigate to editor folder and run BetaGrabberTool.exe as admin

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]Which version of Windows? It's in the start menu, you can just search for it, but it should be under GoldenEye Setup Editor 2 or whatever start menu it is. you can also navigate to editor folder and run BetaGrabberTool.exe as admin[/quote]

Found it and I'm using Windows 8.1. How long does the program open? I did run as administrator and i'm seeing it not opening. GE setup editor opens fine though.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me too. It should open right away, then you click Regrab Beta, etc.

Here is a pic:

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SubDrag"]Me too. It should open right away, then you click Regrab Beta, etc.

Here is a pic:
[img]http://i.gyazo.com/667e4b42df9028c49b855f304d1a6916.png[/img][/quote]

Ok well it's refusing to open for me. I'm gonna delete the ge editor that i'm using right now and install 2.5 and see if it will open.

ZxSilentKLxZ
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="ZxSilentKLxZ"][quote="SubDrag"]Me too. It should open right away, then you click Regrab Beta, etc.

Here is a pic:
[img]http://i.gyazo.com/667e4b42df9028c49b855f304d1a6916.png[/img][/quote]

Ok well it's refusing to open for me. I'm gonna delete the ge editor that i'm using right now and install 2.5 and see if it will open.[/quote]

Wait i see a message saying "successfully retrieved beta edtior to c:/program files (x86)/geedit2/runwaysetupeditor.exe" Do i just click ok?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that is your beta now. Run that one as admin, etc, and see if it fixes your issues. Or Copy Beta to Stable release to run any exe as new beta (promoted to regular)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: