ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Best way to emulate GoldenEye 007 single player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Best way to emulate GoldenEye 007 single player Reply with quote Back to top

Okay this may be a complete noob question but I have tried to use project 64 and I get all sorts of problems like the sky won't load on the Dam etc...

I don't know much about GoldenEye X but from what I can gather it is a muiltplayer mod and doesn't let you play the single player, am I right?

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Best way to emulate GoldenEye 007 single player Reply with quote Back to top

jmm review wrote:
Okay this may be a complete noob question but I have tried to use project 64 and I get all sorts of problems like the sky won't load on the Dam etc...

I don't know much about GoldenEye X but from what I can gather it is a muiltplayer mod and doesn't let you play the single player, am I right?

Hey jmm long time no see, So try out the latest pj64 2.2 i think it is, and try use the latest jabos video plugin ( Jabos 1.6.1 ) and your skys should work, or alternatively you can try my personal favorite Glide64 'Final' video plugin.

ps: By the way im the dude who refered you to this website a couple years back when we use to play PerfectDark XBLA on the 360, MTFU MUTE

Glide64

Jabos

Here is an example of the sky working with Glide64 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLgsqY_kCJA Probably not the best exaple tho Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey MUTE the Glide64 HD textures looks beautiful I am going to try that out for sure! Might take me a while to work out how to apply it.
I have being making a Perfect Dark XBLA playthrough which I am going to upload on youtube tonight, I will share it on here too if that is alright with everyone.

P.S. I think I still have you on my Xbox friends list, I forgot where I met you xD

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jmm review wrote:
Hey MUTE the Glide64 HD textures looks beautiful I am going to try that out for sure! Might take me a while to work out how to apply it.
I have being making a Perfect Dark XBLA playthrough which I am going to upload on youtube tonight, I will share it on here too if that is alright with everyone.

P.S. I think I still have you on my Xbox friends list, I forgot where I met you xD

Yea i still have my 360 and my xbox one, was about to sell them until i herd about the rare replay pack so you may see me on my xbox again once that drops.

Yea man post your vids up here im sure it will be fine, im subbed to you on YT so ill keep an eye out for it.

By the way you have to try goldeneye x and do a review on it man, its bloody great lol.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I bought an Xbox One for Rare Replay this month xD
Cant wait, I have been play Perfect Dark XBLA like crazy ever since I heard about it coming to the Xbox One.

Is goldeneye x not just an online game? multilayer only?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can make it online with crappy Mupen64++ or one of the recent PJ64 utilizing the AQZ plugin . (The PJ64 after this one was dreadful for me , they tried to make their own Glide and I could not make the damn build set anything @ all)

You or someone unblock whatever TCP port such as 1234 and you're good to AQZ

Or there is the local way slap controllers in your PC or slap the rom in your Ever/64 drive

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What I mean is you don't get to play the single player.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Goldeneye X is intended to include both the single player campaign and the multiplayer, but at the moment, only the multiplayer is done (or almost done, I think Wreck and co. are still making minor changes/additions to the multiplayer, but either way, the multiplayer is fully playable in the latest version of the rom, v5d).

The single player campaign isn't working yet, but in the latest version of Goldeneye X, you can walk around most of the levels, but there are no enemies or objectives in any of the levels.

So, for the moment, Goldeneye X is multiplayer only (or just one human vs. bots). You can't play it online, as it's a modified N64 game, so it's split-screen only. Well, unless somehow you can play it online via an emulator, but I don't know about that.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea its still worth the download even tho there are no active single player mission. There are however "assignments" you can work thru that are rather fun.....

Holly smoke how many vids did you upload at once lol

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey MUTE I have downloaded Glide64 'Final' and it is working fine but how did you get the HD textures? Also just out of interest do you use a control or a mouse when you play? I use my 360 controller.

The Perfect Dark videos were already uploaded to my Patreon page as early access, I just made them all public. I will make more public in a few days Smile

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jmm review wrote:
Is goldeneye x not just an online game? multilayer only?

Rolling Eyes

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jmm review wrote:
Hey MUTE I have downloaded Glide64 'Final' and it is working fine but how did you get the HD textures? Also just out of interest do you use a control or a mouse when you play? I use my 360 controller.

The Perfect Dark videos were already uploaded to my Patreon page as early access, I just made them all public. I will make more public in a few days Smile

I use KBnM to play, i have the Texture files on my pc, they are pretty hard to come by, but i think i have a set of them uploaded to Mega.co.nz

I can link you to them if you want. I use Stolens 1964 60fps Build ( instead of pj64 ) with his Mouse injector ( use at your own risk ). There are post/threads on here discussing the "Rummored" issues with his mouse injector but i have nothing but good words to say about it and have been using it since it was released.

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you could link me the texture files that would be really helpful!
How did you come across them? I didn't realize it would be so cloak and dagger.lol

Will the texture files work with pj64 or should I get Stolens 1964 60fps Build?

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jmm review wrote:
If you could link me the texture files that would be really helpful!
How did you come across them? I didn't realize it would be so cloak and dagger.lol

Will the texture files work with pj64 or should I get Stolens 1964 60fps Build?

They will work on Pj64, all you need to use is the Glide64 video plugin and configure the texture tab correctly and you will be away firing, ill check my links when i get home to make sure they are the correct files.

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks MUTE Smile

Where did you get the textures? Who made them? I would like to make some videos of the game using the textures so I would like to thank whoever made them and tell people a little bit about them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: