ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Xbla Models extarction?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh great. I'm stumped. You'd think the Progrm Noesis would be able to open such a file, but it doesn't. Which is sad, considering that is a major program for ripping models and such.

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocking, I just ordered Rare Reply, hoping I'll be able to access some files through the disc. NOT. PC won't even read an Xbox One disc. What a disappointment!

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vivi wrote:
Shocking, I just ordered Rare Reply, hoping I'll be able to access some files through the disc. NOT. PC won't even read an Xbox One disc. What a disappointment!

... what did you expect...

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, what did you honestly think would be different?

Its like having the PD N64 Rom and then bying a cart to see if theres anything else on it.
Of course, you cant plug a cart into the PC (well... ok, yes, use a retrode I guess)

Now, ok, you could be forgiven on the purly technical side of the disk not playing, it is a disk afteral and it fits a Blu-Ray drive. But chances are that it is encoded. Untill someone makes a decoder like they did for Gamecube disks, you cant read them.

To take the comparison further since you may ask, the reason the XBLA version has a couple of files as against the single rom file for the N64 is just what each consol expects.
PD XBLA was also afterall modified and not just an emulated N64 rom.

Trev

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Also, what did you honestly think would be different?

Its like having the PD N64 Rom and then bying a cart to see if theres anything else on it.
Of course, you cant plug a cart into the PC (well... ok, yes, use a retrode I guess)

Now, ok, you could be forgiven on the purly technical side of the disk not playing, it is a disk afteral and it fits a Blu-Ray drive. But chances are that it is encoded. Untill someone makes a decoder like they did for Gamecube disks, you cant read them.

To take the comparison further since you may ask, the reason the XBLA version has a couple of files as against the single rom file for the N64 is just what each consol expects.
PD XBLA was also afterall modified and not just an emulated N64 rom.

Trev

I just thought maybe this would have a more direct access to models and textures, or at least come with a .img file I could open with Noesis. but that's sad. btw, you'd think they'd improve something or add goldeneye in rare reply. just sayin.

what is a retrode?

are there any decoding software out there to decode this encoded disc? I'm desperate!

this:

Quote:
"To take the comparison further since you may ask, the reason the XBLA version has a couple of files as against the single rom file for the N64 is just what each consol expects.
PD XBLA was also afterall modified and not just an emulated N64 rom."

are you trying to say its not possible at all?!

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Games usually store their data as a proprietary format. A off-the-shelf program like 3ds max will have no method of opening the packedseg file. Have you tried asking at the xentax forums? They specialize in reverse engineering game formats.

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no I haven't but I'm gonna right now.

EDIT: Instreating discover. I was told on the AnandTech forums, to try opening some of these files with audcity. even if they contain raw data, just to see what to find in each of them.

I saw that the bond.sbx after importing into Audicty with this attributes:

and as you casee, its nothing but T.V. like static when I played it back. Not gonna lie it sacred the crap outtta me!
And its less than a second.

BTW, what is "proprietary format"?

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dosryr of the double post, but another discover, at least we know how Ice Mario got the Sfx sampels on the RWP.

He opened the pd_sfx_360.tbl file in Audacity or similar, and muted the right channel to get the PD XBLA sfx. that's good, but if there was a way to make a discover such well with the PackedSegfile. I know its possible, and I won't stop until I (or we) have made success!

EDIT: And opening the PackedSegFile in Audacity, well, that's stupid. That file definitely contains model and textures. It sure ain't no audio in that big file.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
WAD or PAK are game-specific proprietary formats. You can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_format

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
Quote:
WAD or PAK are game-specific proprietary formats. You can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_format

Great. it seems like after reading that wiki, we'll have to have need the programs they used to open such file. without it, is there no way?

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

differently, is there a way to rip objects from the original n64 perfect dark?

WAIT! does anybody know, (or have a clue) what game engine pd xbla uses?

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"is there a way to rip objects from the original n64 perfect dark? "

You Are Joking... Right?

Are you seriously asking a forum dedicated to moding GE/PD on the N64 if there is a way to rip models from the N64 PD when so clearly there are hundreds of such projects on here?

Ok, Ill be honest with you, At first I thought you were genuinly asking some serious questions but now its beyond the joke.
Now, I will restrain myself as I do remember 12 years ago being in a similar situation myself, but a lot has happened since then and history on the internet is fully searchable so in theory you shouldnt be asking the same questions over and over again.

So, PackedSegFile is a currently unknown format and likely compressed.
You will not gain anything from it without first discovering the de-compression algarithm and then using it to get raw data out.
You Cannot just add and extension (like .zip) to it and get it to majically work.
You can try using various programs on the file as you have done, but I would probably suggest not posting every downfall, or if you do so that no-one else overlaps your work, make it a single post and use the edit button.

Given the information provided by yourself I will assume you have absolutly no programming experience and so would suggest patiance and possibly learning this stuff.

On that note I will say from my own experience, you will not be learning compression or games untill years later.
It will start very boringly and the first program you make (well, in my case) will be very easy and you may find yourself saying, whats the point, I can do all this.
However, Even after 12 years, I cannot do compression. In fact I only have a vague idea of whats involved and while I understand the concept, what always screws with me is at a binary level, how the hell does a compression algarithm go from 8bit bytes to 4bit nibbles and back without taking up more space than the original file for all the commands.
Anyway I digress.

The end result is still the same, patiance. Even if you take to coding and compression algarithms like a duck to water you will still need patiance to do the work in the end.
No program is going to do it for you unless someone spends the time to do it for themselves first (which is really how all programs start).

Anyway enough rambling for now.

I hope it is cracked and maybe someone can make a GEX-XBLA hahaha
(since I have updated textures ready although they are still within N64 range so I guess I really dont have textures for such a project.)

Trev

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

(!!!) How bold of you!

I didn't know, you think I is wondering around this whole forum looking for info like that. No.
Then again, those raggedy N64 models are so old and ugly and low poly and ugh!

Trevor, if you trying to say its impossible to do, just say it.

(but I don't think its possible) I'll find a way, dammit.

OH! And one more thing ...You're mean!

btw: its spelled magical.

thinking I was joking this whole time, LIES YOU TELL. I would break my back (literary) to get access to pd xbla models and textures. NO LIE.
(tongue emoji). offended: yes. I don't have thick skin, so what.

btw, did you create the GE/PD editor on goldeneyevault website?

Last edited by Vivi on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13156&sid=68ad2097acb44e4aaa87e2a0214bf8a3

lol fuuck this kid

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If we don't all watch what we're saying and doing in this thread, it will be closed. Any appropriate punishments to users involved will be dealt out.

Stay on subject, and no personal attacks from here on out.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: