ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Xbla Models extarction?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark Xbla Models extarction? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, everyone. I am new to the whole Perfect Dark mapping, and modeling But not in general. I was wondering deeply. And I mean deeply, if it was such possible to obtain the models from PD xbla. I'm came as far as to (I guess) opend the pd xbla file by copying it to a usb drive, and using a program to open the one file with no extension. And came across this file named: "PackedSegFile"... its another file with no extension, but I've read this file contains the maps and, or models data. problem is, how do I access it. Not sure if anyone's attempted such fate. But if you have, PLEASE let me know. I is desperate. (Not really) but it would be nice.

you can download the containments of what was in the "xbla game file from xbox." If that made sense. So you'll know what I'm talking about.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y1aogpeok7b73no/Perfect+Dark+Xbla+files+%28Ripped%29.zip

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you thought of making a request on The VG Resource? I know they do a-ton of model rips and such.

Also, I think this thread should be moved to mapping and modeling, since it's more focused on that than PD.

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just checked it out, and made a request. But I'd like to crack open these containments myself. Really.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you or anyone else has success in being able to rip out and modify various files from the game (models, setups, clipping, etc.), I would be extremely interested. Especially if they can be recompressed and put back into the game for use. Hell, I'd buy a 360 or Xbox One just for this. It may be the only way we'll ever get a "GoldenEye XBLA" of any kind.

For now we'll leave this under Perfect Dark. If it gets past the initial question of whether or not it is possible, then we may want to move it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought ripping the files from the main file with no extension: 4287CC74C591DB37B577DAEA43BB6E51692D7A8E41 (should be called: 4287CC74C591DB37B577DAEA43BB6E51692D7A8E41.nothing)

thinking this would be enough, but no. More is needed. A way a program, some program to open that PackedSegFile (aka PackedSegFile.nothing)
This is what we (I) or we (???) want. It has those models! The textures though, I guess need to be, ...re-compressed. Because I tried opening the textures.raw file in Photoshop, and all it was was a gray pixilated file sizing at like 10000 x 10000 pixels big.

If such happens if I was able to obtain such models and textures. I couldn't share them fast enough to all of you!

Just that ONE question has to be answered (I at least I think its one question...)

How to open the PackedSegFile file? Why must it be a file with NO extension?! that makes everything a lot better doesn't it? The answer is a no.

EDIT: I tried to open the PackedSegFile in 3ds Max, and instantly it classified it as an NVIDIA Import, and you can select shaders and or Phenomena. But I don't nothing after that, though...

Last edited by Vivi on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you have some success with this. I'm really curious if they updated the unused models.

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping too. I think they have updated all the models including the unsued ones. But I could be wrong. Just got to see for our selves...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hard to say whether or not they'd update unused models. If it were me, I'd have made a list of everything used within the original game, and not touch the rest. Just to save time and money. Though some things may be inadvertently affected, if they shared textures.

I can picture someone going, "look how cool this thing is now", and someone above them saying, "great, but we're still not using it".

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hard to say whether or not they'd update unused models. If it were me, I'd have made a list of everything used within the original game, and not touch the rest. Just to save time and money. Though some things may be inadvertently affected, if they shared textures.

I can picture someone going, "look how cool this thing is now", and someone above them saying, "great, but we're still not using it".

The Zelda 64 remakes on the 3DS updated some unused models, so maybe they are improved.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, purly a guess but "PackedSegFile " sounds like a compressed file.

Any raw contents you look at will be non-sensical since data is 'missing' (compressed into patterns of smaller values)

How to de-compress data is beyond me but others have achived this with the N64 so Id ask them.

Also, File extensions are not importiant.
Their Primary function is for identification for both user and DOS. (i.e. .bat .com .exe are executables, anything else is not)
Windows extended this to allow double clicking them to open (.txt = Open with Notepad.exe)
Other OS can use internal File metadata to decide what the file is.
Personally even on such OS I always use extensions for my own recognition.

So, if you manage to decompress the PackedSegFile into Setups, Stans, BG then you can include whatever extension you want.
If they are some universal format like ascii text or WaveFront obj then you can assosiate the correct extension. (.txt, .obj)

Trev

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't Ice Mario at the RWP extract images and sounds from the XBLA version?

http://www.therwp.com/downloads/perfect-dark-xbla-speech-samples

http://www.therwp.com/article/perfect-dark-texture-comparison

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:

So, if you manage to decompress the PackedSegFile into Setups, Stans, BG then you can include whatever extension you want.
If they are some universal format like ascii text or WaveFront obj then you can assosiate the correct extension. (.txt, .obj)

Trev

so I'll have to decompress the PackedSegFile with some type of program out there. then give it an extension? If I'm reading this correctly.

Kode-Z wrote:
Didn't Ice Mario at the RWP extract images and sounds from the XBLA version?

http://www.therwp.com/downloads/perfect-dark-xbla-speech-samples

http://www.therwp.com/article/perfect-dark-texture-comparison

OH! I forgot about this! CUrious yes... he must've opened up the...

XMASpeech.dat file and the pd_sfx_360.ctl and pd_sfx_360.tbl and maybe even the textures.raw for those images? Has too. Is this "Ice Mario" still around? If so, where?

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly Ice Mario has been in the dark since releasing his Banjo Kazooie video on the official Rarewotchproject YouTube channel, hopefully you can find anything interesting inside of those files.

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Rarewotchproject" what is that?

Trying to decompress the PackedSegFile is confusing. Should I be using some unusual program like: lefullie app?

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, I forgot Ice did that.

Ok, Vivi, you got confused. You dont NEED an extension.
Also you cant just assign a zip file the extension .txt and read it, it doesnt work like that.

Also, there are no programs we can tell you to use to decompress the files. If we could tell you that then the job would have already been done and this topic would be mute.

The tbl and ctl files you mention are most likly TaBLe (Table) and ConTroL (control) files. I doubt they contain textures but maybe they contain the index of where an image starts and ends. You might also be lucky and they are not compressed (prahaps how Ice extracted images)

Also, RareWotchProject is RareWitchProject.com otherwise known by the anacornyme The RWP.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: