ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor V3 and 8 Meg GoldenEye Release!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure you install to a new directory to not accidentally overwrite your V2 files. All the files and ROMs are compatible with the new version. Just take them over.

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So there won't be a Blast Corps Editor after all? I also want to note that the 3.0 is great! Although, the sountracks being played on Visual Editor, doesn't sound the same like how it's from the game. The way it play it's how it's written on the midi file. There are some loops missing.

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, great job!
Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone else is thinking of porting any of the levels from DKR to GE or PD... keep your hands off Ancient Lake! Wink

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If anyone else is thinking of porting any of the levels from DKR to GE or PD... keep your hands off Ancient Lake! Wink

Imagine vice versa... Driving down the lucerne tower!

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, I wounder how long before all Rare games are supported. I made a quick list and theres already a huge amount of support.

Editor Support:
    GoldenEye 007
    Perfect Dark
    Jet Force Gemini
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Mickey's Speedway USA

Banjos Backpack (Previously "Bottles Glasses" then "Mumbo's Wand"):
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Banjo-Tooie

Unsuported by Editors
    Killer Instinct Gold (Sprite based game probably requiring seperate editor which is unlikly. Persides, wouldn't the only requirement be to edit textures)
    Blast Corps
    Donkey Kong 64 (Planned future BB Support)
    Conker's Bad Fur Day

Im not entirly sure how many more editors there are.
I know of F-Zero Execution which is a track editor like the DD Expansion but not much more (no model edit, no texture edit, no sound edit)

Theres Toads Tool which makes bad ROMS

Then theres Utility of time for Zelda.

Id love to see a Rogue Squadron/Battle for Naboo editor, basically just so the microcode was hacked and portable to other platforms since the microcode was very efficiant and full-featured.

Has anyone checked out the Advanced Triangle Display List editor in v3?
Right click any triangle (or group of selected triangles) in Room Positions mode and click "Replace Texture/Group". You should see a familure dialoge with an extra advanced button, click that to view the full glory.

Its probably going to be mind boggeling at first but it really is straight forward once you understand it.
It should allow for many performance tweeks and special effects.

Trev

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With the new editor, I'm able to edit my shotgun with a police texture.

goldengreg007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome to hear about all of this; amazing job as always guys!

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oi Trev .. are they really modding Tooie ..?

So how is that so .. I always believed the game was untouchable and have seen nothing new out of it Embarassed

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tooie isn't that bothersome once you figure out the file encryption.

Take it you're only counting visual editors. File conversion/insertion things exist for other titles as well. Also, the post-development Dexanoid had an editor for it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know, though there was some work done identify Banjo Tooie objects by CBM (and I hope this is integrated into Banjo's Backback), there is no Banjo Tooie editor at this time. As Zoinkity said, the encryption is broken, so it's just a matter of when, not if.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And also...
Hands off of DKR's Jungle Falls and Icicle Pyramid. Razz

I've made really good progress with Ancient Lake. Shouldn't be too long before you see something showing it off.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

English:

Hello everyone after a long time:

I downloaded the editor, and despite not knowing handle it at all, if I have noticed more fluid, only use it with DKR and Mickey Speedway USA (maybe that's why so you feel more fluid). It is a great job and this new editor had not thought once be integrated into the games other than shooters, such as racing games. the news I was very pleased especially for games kart racing, long time to dream of seeing some mods of these 2 sets of karts ago, for example Mario Kart 64 working in the engine DKR or Mickey Speedway USA (perhaps Wreck there some thought Project-X). I would like to see ever levels Wario Stadium, Royal Raceway, Yoshi's Valley of MK64 positions Mickey Speedway USA, or DKR and to drive through hills with hovercraft or aircraft.

It may be a bit early to ask these questions:
-¿ In karts games and can replace other existing levels created by other players?
- Do you think a level as Wario Stadium, which is one of the largest N64, can be charged without much difficulty, and can be playable believe?
- Is the editor prepared to tell the AI ​​new routes in a new level with a different layout?
- It may in the future change the weapons available in these games karts to make them as effective or better than MK64? for example to get the Mickey Speedway Baseball USA, rebound infinitely as a Green Shell does in MK64? or may take multiple bananas and MK64?
- Are they going to create a specific section for these 2 games forum karts that are now in the editor?
- Both the forum and the Editor there are only rare games. Why they can not do other brands editors shooters N64 games?

Spanish:

hola a todos despues de mucho tiempo:

he descargado el editor, y a pesar de no saber manejarlo para nada, si he notado mayor fluidez,solo lo utilice con DKR y Mickey Speedway USA (quizas sea por eso por lo que note mayor fluidez). es un gran trabajo este nuevo editor y no habia pensado que alguna vez se integraria en el juegos que no fueran shooters, como los juegos carreras. la noticia me ha alegrado mucho especialmente por los juegos de carreras de karts, hace muchisimo tiempo que sueño con ver algunos mods de estos 2 juegos de karts, por ejemplo Mario Kart 64 funcionando en el motor de DKR o Mickey Speedway USA ( quizas Wreck haya pensado en algun Proyecto-X ). alguna vez me gustaria ver los niveles Wario Stadium,Royal Raceway, Yoshi's Valley de MK64 puestos en Mickey Speedway USA, o DKR y poder conducir por sus colinas con un hovercraft o el avion.

quizas sea un poco pronto para hacer estas preguntas:
-¿ en los juegos de karts ya se pueden reemplazar los niveles existentes por otros creados por otros jugadores ?
- ¿ creen ustedes que un nivel como Wario Stadium, el cual es uno de los mas grandes de N64, puede ser cargado sin mucha dificultad, y que pueda ser jugable?
- ¿esta el editor preparado para indicarle a la IA nuevas rutas en un nuevo nivel con diferente trazado?
- ¿se podra en el futuro modificar las armas disponibles en estos juegos de karts para hacerlas tan efectivas o mejores que en MK64 ? por ejemplo conseguir que la Baseball de Mickey Speedway USA , rebote infinitamente como un Green Shell lo hace en MK64? o que tal sacar multiples bananas como en MK64 ?
- ¿van a crear alguna seccion especifica para estos 2 juegos de karts en el foro ahora que estan dentro del editor?
- tanto en el foro como en el Editor solo hay juegos de rare. ¿ por que no pueden hacer editores de otras marcas de juegos shooters de N64?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Has anyone checked out the Advanced Triangle Display List editor in v3?
Right click any triangle (or group of selected triangles) in Room Positions mode and click "Replace Texture/Group". You should see a familure dialoge with an extra advanced button, click that to view the full glory.

Its probably going to be mind boggeling at first but it really is straight forward once you understand it.
It should allow for many performance tweeks and special effects.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm always looking for new special effects that can be done within the N64 specs and a little imagination.

Would it be now possible to do something like the pixelated building textures in the first PD level?
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_buildingsnofiltertexture_zps161542d1.jpg

If we could combine unfiltered textures with filtered ones and overlap them, I think we can do some cool stuff. Something like this (needs more work. It was just a test):
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/Cuadros02.png
instead of this:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/Cuadros01.png

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about worlds not enough? Haven't you guys fiddled with it before?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: